Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,636 members, 7,955,318 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:31 PM

Is It True That PHP Is An Ugly Language? If So, What Are The Alternatives? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is It True That PHP Is An Ugly Language? If So, What Are The Alternatives? (3615 Views)

Better Alternatives To Paypal / 10 Best Adsense Alternatives / 50+ Google Adsense Alternatives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True That PHP Is An Ugly Language? If So, What Are The Alternatives? by bambambambam: 12:03am On Aug 04, 2014
Been reading a lot of nasty stuff about PHP lately (ie. here on Hacker News: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=3820431). Should I switch language while I'm still new, or should I stick with it despite what people say?

Thanks!

bambambambam
Re: Is It True That PHP Is An Ugly Language? If So, What Are The Alternatives? by curiouslad(m): 2:59am On Aug 04, 2014
Re: Is It True That PHP Is An Ugly Language? If So, What Are The Alternatives? by oprezy: 3:33am On Aug 04, 2014
I've written a complete tutorial on "HOW TO BOOST PC START~UP SPEED"
I our world of today,where everything is moving so fast,you can't afford to let your PC slow you down.
Learn how to take care of this mess by following the below link:

[Tutorials] How to boost PC startup time for slow-booting computers
Re: Is It True That PHP Is An Ugly Language? If So, What Are The Alternatives? by micodon(m): 7:57am On Aug 04, 2014
PHP borrows its syntax style from C÷÷. Is C÷÷ an Ugly language? PHP is relatively fast. Faster than even Ruby. People just go online and paste crap either because they don't understand stuffs or cos of Bias. PHP is great for the web. Its not as elegant as Ruby. But, its not Ugly. Period!!! FYI, I do PHP, Python, RoR, and ASP.NET (with C#).

1 Like

Re: Is It True That PHP Is An Ugly Language? If So, What Are The Alternatives? by CODEEATER(m): 9:42am On Aug 04, 2014
Php? Ugly? cry

That's a Jupiter sized pile of bullcrap..php I know is D most handsome good looking language I ever wrote in...

If they say php is ugly, then js would b a ogre... I mean seriously, php rocks... I bet my day's lunch dat some of those people who say such crap have never even written a contact form with it...

#phpDisciple
Re: Is It True That PHP Is An Ugly Language? If So, What Are The Alternatives? by Djtm(m): 10:00pm On Aug 04, 2014
^It's been a while.
Re: Is It True That PHP Is An Ugly Language? If So, What Are The Alternatives? by osile2012: 2:14pm On Aug 05, 2014
Both facebook and the Fast rising site on my signature made use of php, so its cool.
Re: Is It True That PHP Is An Ugly Language? If So, What Are The Alternatives? by bambambambam: 3:42am On Aug 20, 2014
osile2012: Both facebook and the Fast rising site on my signature made use of php, so its cool.

Facebook uses PHP because that's the language the author first wrote it in decades ago. It is too late for them to change.

Things have changed since then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1NVfDlU6yQ
Re: Is It True That PHP Is An Ugly Language? If So, What Are The Alternatives? by micodon(m): 8:15am On Aug 20, 2014
bambambambam:

Facebook uses PHP because that's the language the author first wrote it in decades ago. It is too late for them to change.

Things have changed since then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1NVfDlU6yQ

That's the idea people who hate PHP gives. It's wrong. Facebook Inc. definitely have the ability to rewrite the app. But they chose to spend 18 months writing a PHP to C++ compiler
Re: Is It True That PHP Is An Ugly Language? If So, What Are The Alternatives? by jidez007: 9:31am On Aug 20, 2014
If u still think php is ugly, try out Laravel php framework when u av learnt a little oop in php.
Read d article here http://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/why-laravel-is-taking-the-php-community-by-storm--pre-52639
Re: Is It True That PHP Is An Ugly Language? If So, What Are The Alternatives? by micodon(m): 12:10pm On Aug 20, 2014
jidez007: If u still think php is ugly, try out Laravel php framework when u av learnt a little oop in php.
Read d article here http://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/why-laravel-is-taking-the-php-community-by-storm--pre-52639

Spot on Bro. I ditched Codeigniter and Yii for Laravel and Phalcon

(1) (Reply)

NIMC: How To Check If Your National Identity Card Is Ready From Your Phone / Best Local Link Building Techniques / Top Nigerian Tech Websites And Their Net Worth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.