Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

The Stellar Smartphone Triumvirate - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Stellar Smartphone Triumvirate (733 Views)

Spice Launch New Spice Stellar Craze Mi-355 In Indian Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Stellar Smartphone Triumvirate by jerricho(m): 3:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
2014 is (without a doubt) a yummy year for anyone with a fat wallet and a craving for super stellar smartphones.

Speaking of super stellar smartphones, what's your top three for this year? Mine goes like this:
3. Samsung Galaxy S5
2. HTC One M8
1. Sony Xperia Z2

Honestly, I never wanted to put the S5 on my list. The home button is such an eyesore. Not to mention the pathetic plastic shell.

But considering the Snapdragon 801 chipset and the 5.1 inch screen, I had to let it slide.

Also, the battery is incredibly impressive. Way better than the M8, if you ask me.

Most importantly, the heart rate monitor is imperative for watching the Super Chickens and the Goners (intentional verbal mishap).

Another thing that pisses me off about the S5, asides the hideous home button, is that the twats at Samsung had the balls to copy Sony's dust and water resistant innovation.

But it isn't all bad though. At least I liked something about it — Fingerprint sensor (PayPal certified).

Yes, you read that right, the fingerprint scanner on the S5 is PayPal certified!

The leather back cover's cool too.

I'm absolutely ashamed to type that I also tried the face and smile detection. Ended up rebooting into recovery for factory resetting. LOL, damn droid couldn't detect my face and smile. A total travesty.

Would've loved to include the Google Nexus 5, the LG G2, and even the infamous OnePlus One, but as a particularly picky purist, a microSD (regardless of 32 GB versions or 64 GB variants), and removable battery, are an absolute necessity.

Non-removable batteries might be slightly overlooked (assuming the device is a Sony Xperia Z2), but the absence of a memory card slot is nowhere near acceptable. I've got zero tolerance for that. I'm such a multimedia butterfly.

Sony clearly understands the need for a microSD slot and their Xperia Z2 supports up to 128 GB!!!

Same with the M8, but its 2 GB RAM is just no match for the 3 GB RAM of the Z2.

Furthermore, the M8's Dual 4 MP camera clearly doesn't have the perfect polish of the Z2's 20.7 MP.

The Z2 is 7up to the M8 — the difference is clear, or rather the differences are clear. Not just clear, crystal clear.

The HTC One M8 was obviously overhyped.

*dodging RPG*

Nonetheless, I just love the loudspeaker, the stereo speakers, and the built-in amplifiers. Love the feel too. Was privileged to hold her for few hours. The design is impeccable. Hardware's on point.

All in all, among the best super stellar smartphones in the world today, the Samsung Galaxy S5, the HTC One M8, and the Sony Xperia Z2 reign as the supreme triumvirate.
Re: The Stellar Smartphone Triumvirate by Lagusta(m): 5:05pm On Aug 04, 2014
Thats your own view....

But for the average nigerians

1) tecno phantom Z

2) gionee M2

3) infinix zero

i stand to be corrected as usual
Re: The Stellar Smartphone Triumvirate by chenkov(m): 5:51pm On Aug 04, 2014
@ OP ,u forgot to mention the IPhone 5s
Re: The Stellar Smartphone Triumvirate by ndubisik(m): 11:57am On Aug 05, 2014
Nice post
Re: The Stellar Smartphone Triumvirate by jerricho(m): 2:10pm On Aug 06, 2014
Lagusta: Thats your own view....

But for the average nigerians

1) tecno phantom Z

2) gionee M2

3) infinix zero

i stand to be corrected as usual

Dear Lagusta, we all have our own personal preferences. Talk about different strokes for different folks.
Re: The Stellar Smartphone Triumvirate by jerricho(m): 2:12pm On Aug 06, 2014
chenkov: @ OP ,u forgot to mention the IPhone 5s

LOL, I actually appreciate your comment, Mr. Chenkov.

Admittedly, the iPhone 5S is not an average smartphone in the terms of packaging, design and UI.

But, technically, an exceptionally high degree of processor power is the preeminent criterion of the stellar smartphone triumverate.

It's no news that the iPhone 5S has an utterly useless processor.

I'm not sure you have the vaguest notion of how useless this phone's processor is.
Re: The Stellar Smartphone Triumvirate by jerricho(m): 2:12pm On Aug 06, 2014
ndubisik: Nice post

Thanks a bunch.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help! My Etisalat Bis Is Not Working / Blackberry Q5 Or Tecno F6 Which Shuld I Buy / Pls Recommend A Phone Btw The Range Of N25000-30000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.