Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,929 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

What Measures Would Yo Be Taking To Avoid Contacting Ebola. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Measures Would Yo Be Taking To Avoid Contacting Ebola. (988 Views)

Airport Authorities Announce New Measures For Ebola / How To Avoid Pregnancy Naturally / The Risk Of Contacting HIV Through Clippers (Barbing) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Measures Would Yo Be Taking To Avoid Contacting Ebola. by MadCow1: 4:07pm On Aug 04, 2014
[b]I have been doing alot of reading on the Ebola Viruses and its characteristics including; Mode of transmission, treatment and more and I must say my findings leave very much to be desired.

Now this brings me to wonder what moves we can individually take to minimize our risk of contacting the Virus.

Here is a list of mine;

1. Avoid heavily crowded places; Example: Church, Mosques, Public Transport, Night Clubs and other such over-crowded places where one stands the risk of rubbing up against other people.

2. Wear full-covering clothes. LIke Long-Sleeved shirts and full length pants. Also wear Latex gloves outdoors. I may soon add a breathing mask for good measure just incase it is an Airborne disaese as well. I say Air-borne because a person sneezing on you is literally spraying you with Mucus (bodily fluid). A person who spits when they talk is also a potential hazard.

3. I keep a hand sanitizer around for good measure and now wash my hands with Dettol or disinfected water.

4. No more Handshakes from me.

5. .....

What are yours?![/b]

1 Like

Re: What Measures Would Yo Be Taking To Avoid Contacting Ebola. by estyvino(m): 4:20pm On Aug 04, 2014
Avoid hand contact in an expose object like stair case or bank pavement.
Wash your hand as frequent as you can with antiseptic soap, especially after one or two hands shake.
Remember to chew bitter cola as they said it helps reduces the chances of acquiring the virus.
Re: What Measures Would Yo Be Taking To Avoid Contacting Ebola. by Liamm(m): 4:37pm On Aug 04, 2014
I'm bewildered as regards preventive measures to curb this menace.
I put on an attire similar to the ones europeans wear during the winter season. A glove, a cardigan and a cap then carry along with me, a bitter kolagrin. I now chew bitter kola like a gum. Though i perspire whilst on this attire, m not stopping soon cos i think it's worth it grin
Re: What Measures Would Yo Be Taking To Avoid Contacting Ebola. by chibwike(m): 4:52pm On Aug 04, 2014
now for the catholics, that *let us offer éach oda the sign of peacè shud bè scrapped
Re: What Measures Would Yo Be Taking To Avoid Contacting Ebola. by cirmuell(m): 5:37pm On Aug 04, 2014
Madcow1

*. Dettol can't do the job...this is a virus.
*. And N°1, it ain't happening, not in Nigeria.

...bottom line is you can never be extra careful in this country.
We are doomed sad
Re: What Measures Would Yo Be Taking To Avoid Contacting Ebola. by cirmuell(m): 5:39pm On Aug 04, 2014
estyvino: Avoid hand contact in an expose object like stair case or bank pavement.
Wash your hand as frequent as you can with antiseptic soap, especially after one or two hands shake.
Remember to chew bitter cola as they said it helps reduces the chances of acquiring the virus.
grin, it only slows the growth.
Re: What Measures Would Yo Be Taking To Avoid Contacting Ebola. by corisande: 6:09pm On Aug 04, 2014
angryNo more ikwokirikwo, kissing and touch me I touch you for now
Re: What Measures Would Yo Be Taking To Avoid Contacting Ebola. by MadCow1: 6:28pm On Aug 04, 2014
Mods...

Frontpage.

Cc:: Mynd44, Mukina2, Seun
Re: What Measures Would Yo Be Taking To Avoid Contacting Ebola. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 04, 2014
More pals,me am scared oo, like seriously, my oga at LASUTH Was telling us (the SIWES students) this afternoon that we would work with the Ebola virus in the coming days.....And he said we wouldn't be told the sample we are To work with, and wouldn't unleash the cat out of the bag till we are extra set for work (Holy Mary, chai!!!!)......
Re: What Measures Would Yo Be Taking To Avoid Contacting Ebola. by MadCow1: 7:38pm On Aug 04, 2014
Jregz: More pals,me am scared oo, like seriously, my oga at LASUTH Was telling us (the SIWES students) this afternoon that we would work with the Ebola virus in the coming days.....And he said we wouldn't be told the sample we are To work with (Holy Mary, chai!!!!)......

Be extremely careful fam..

Re: What Measures Would Yo Be Taking To Avoid Contacting Ebola. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 04, 2014
MadCow1:

Be extremely careful fam..

Thanks a lot Bro...

But I've not been settled since, like My heart been beating 4* the normal rate ...Just hope this ends soon
Re: What Measures Would Yo Be Taking To Avoid Contacting Ebola. by slightlyMad(f): 9:08pm On Aug 04, 2014
avoid money, atm, public bus, roasted corn, plantain, handshake, kisses, sezx, hug, fights
the list is endless
Re: What Measures Would Yo Be Taking To Avoid Contacting Ebola. by MadCow1: 9:12pm On Aug 04, 2014
slightlyMad: avoid money, atm, public bus, roasted corn, plantain, handshake, kisses, sezx, hug, fights
the list is endless

Yeah!!

I have gone full cashless as well.
Re: What Measures Would Yo Be Taking To Avoid Contacting Ebola. by Jnrbayerno(m): 9:54pm On Aug 04, 2014
just bought a bag of bitter kola grin
Re: What Measures Would Yo Be Taking To Avoid Contacting Ebola. by kunlesehan(m): 10:32am On Aug 21, 2014
If the ebola virus contacts a person's skin, this does not mean the person is then automatically infected by the virus. The virus is not active until it gains access into a person's mucous membrane. Mucous membranes are those pink fleshy places in the openings of the body like the eyes, nose, inner ears, mouth, anus, opening of the penis and vagina or any wound on any part of the body. So if the virus is on the skin of the hand, it is easy for the virus to enter the mucous membrane because people touch these parts of the body with their fingers. The hands are very important. This is why we encourage everybody to wash their hands often and rub sanitizers. This limits the possibility of being infected. Spread the knowledge, not the fear. Facts will save you, not fear. Together we can win the battle against ebola. - Dr Davis Oyinloye
Re: What Measures Would Yo Be Taking To Avoid Contacting Ebola. by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:49am On Aug 21, 2014
cirmuell: Madcow1

*. Dettol can't do the job...this is a virus.
*. And N°1, it ain't happening, not in Nigeria.

...bottom line is you can never be extra careful in this country.
We are doomed sad

Spoken like a true pessimist undecided
Re: What Measures Would Yo Be Taking To Avoid Contacting Ebola. by cirmuell(m): 10:51am On Aug 21, 2014
vivaciousvivi:

Spoken like a true pessimist undecided
if you don't get the point, move on pls!
Re: What Measures Would Yo Be Taking To Avoid Contacting Ebola. by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:15am On Aug 21, 2014
cirmuell: if you don't get the point, move on pls!

I have honey...a looooong time ago! wink

(1) (Reply)

Drug Blocks Ebola-like Virus In Monkey Tests / **deleted / The Polynesian Miracle Fruit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.