Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,682 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version - Business (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version (104318 Views)

How To Buy From Alibaba And Ship To Nigeria. / Has Any Nigerian Ever Imported Through Links From Alibaba.com? How Safe Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 13, 2014
Please help me with the proposal for socks customising sir's thnks n God bless
John04445@gmail.com
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by dozieben2(m): 2:05pm On Nov 13, 2014
somto252:
I am new on nairaland as a member but a very old guest. Been following the importation trade for a longtime. Must say thanks to all for the wonderful informations being shared. I benefited immensely. Aliexpress wasnt for me cos I needed bulk orders that I coud supply. Been dealing with aliaba for 4months now. Been able to purchase hair extensions, phone batteries, power banks, etc. Wouldnt say I know everything but I can give my 2cents of ideas based on experience.

Firstly, I look out for sellers who accepts escrow only and make it clear to them that its my only means of payment. All sellers I have been dealing with accepts escrow. This works for me. However, if am paying upto 8, 000usd, escrow isnt a good business choice of payment. Considering that sellers would always want you to pay the 5percent alipay charges them. TT would be a cheaper option. Not paid upto that to one seller though, lol.

Secondly, I am always the boss's boy and never the boss. This trick redues cost of items . Bargain till they say "no, we cant give at this price. We hope we an do business with you next time, thanks".

Thirdly, ask alot of questions. Awhole lot of questions would save u alot of tears atlast.

Fourthly alibaba is easy to use and items are very cheap there compared to nigerian market. In nigeria, I deal with market retailers and wholesalers in aba, abia state. I try to know the market value of what am buying. Since am in aba, I want to know what aba traders buy at lagos or from importers and howmuch they buy there. Then I find product on alibaba and fight to get it at a price that I can sell to my customers at lagos price or same wih the importer. They nolonger worry about buying from lag and transporting to aba.

Fiftly, if u can always get a sample of what you are buying first. They would say its free but you pay for frieght. Not same for all sellers though.
For some, you have to buy the sample higher than the supply cost. Then when you place big order, they balance you sample fee.
Again, I use ali source pro for my sourcing. And I buy from wholesale checkout mostimes because moq is always low. Then I increase moq as I desire to get what I want. Also, when sourcing for products, always findout the city where d company is located. I always look out for companies close to or in guangzhou to reduce SF shipping to my freight forwarder. For freight forwarder, I use st patrick for air cargo. Works for me.
Chinese salespersons on alibaba are very patient and persuading individuals.be wary of them. They can persuade you to place orders of items you have changed ur mind on, please stick to your decision. Thats what makes you a businessman.
For payment, I use gtb mastercard for now. Opened an access bank account yesterday so as to get their visa card. Learnt from the house its cheaper.

Finally, thanks to all who made my solo adventure possible. Ymodulus. Mayorall. I remember these two names everyday even when I kw there are numerous guys who I heed to their write ups here.

hi boss. please clarify me on this TT method of payment please. most of them are telling me they accept only west union and TT. what's your take on this
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by sobande: 6:27pm On Nov 13, 2014
The issue am having is with payment and shipping details.can anyone kindly explain how that really works.Is the delivery charge born by the supplier or me,and from experience what is the cheapest and most reliable shipping method.thank you
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by kendraloops(f): 11:28pm On Nov 13, 2014
please, help save a nairalander's life.

https://www.nairaland.com/1995601/sos-please-hamed-djdola
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by aity2011(m): 9:44pm On Nov 14, 2014
I want to import male wallets.....Hw do I go abt it
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by izikjon(m): 9:49pm On Nov 14, 2014
Do it Africa, it pays
big ups to Ymodulus
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by sodson11(m): 11:03am On Nov 15, 2014
sobande:
The issue am having is with payment and shipping details.can anyone kindly explain how that really works.Is the delivery charge born by the supplier or me,and from experience what is the cheapest and most reliable shipping method.thank you
i also have the same questions. Ymodulus, tyconcept, paradise163, initialize, yemi2plus and others. Help!!
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by susanluv: 2:19pm On Nov 15, 2014
pls am new in the house and want to import baby diapers can someone in the house put me thru on this?? thanks

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Ymodulus: 6:24pm On Nov 15, 2014
Alibaba Joint Group Importation Season 4
Registration on

https://www.nairaland.com/1995691/alibaba-joint-group-importation-season#28029269

Don't miss out
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by ollybode(m): 9:16pm On Nov 15, 2014
pls what does T/T means?
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Ymodulus: 5:38pm On Nov 16, 2014
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by holyemmyjoe(m): 10:17pm On Nov 16, 2014
Una well done oh, Am a newbie in importation business. My first order was on wrist watches. I order ten of it. The shipping was free, the seller shipped it tru china post and the seller said it will take 20-40 for the goods to reach me but I dont know if they can send my order to my door step or I will have to go to lagos to claim it as the shipping is free. I also haven't been able to track it but the seller assured me that it will take 10 days before i can track it. It now 11 days, by tomorrow i will track it and see whats up. But if I was not able to track it, will you advice me to open dispute or still talk to the seller. This is my first time and I dont want to hear STORY FOR THE gods. THANKS. Regards.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by prof4uall(m): 10:36pm On Nov 16, 2014
Ymodulus:
Alibaba Joint Group Importation Season 4
Registration on. Can we go 4 good android tab?

https://www.nairaland.com/1995691/alibaba-joint-group-importation-season#28029269

Don't miss out
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Adwexky(m): 6:23pm On Nov 20, 2014
somto252:
I am new on nairaland as a member but a very old guest. Been following the importation trade for a longtime. Must say thanks to all for the wonderful informations being shared. I benefited immensely. Aliexpress wasnt for me cos I needed bulk orders that I coud supply. Been dealing with aliaba for 4months now. Been able to purchase hair extensions, phone batteries, power banks, etc. Wouldnt say I know everything but I can give my 2cents of ideas based on experience.

Firstly, I look out for sellers who accepts escrow only and make it clear to them that its my only means of payment. All sellers I have been dealing with accepts escrow. This works for me. However, if am paying upto 8, 000usd, escrow isnt a good business choice of payment. Considering that sellers would always want you to pay the 5percent alipay charges them. TT would be a cheaper option. Not paid upto that to one seller though, lol.

Secondly, I am always the boss's boy and never the boss. This trick redues cost of items . Bargain till they say "no, we cant give at this price. We hope we an do business with you next time, thanks".

Thirdly, ask alot of questions. Awhole lot of questions would save u alot of tears atlast.

Fourthly alibaba is easy to use and items are very cheap there compared to nigerian market. In nigeria, I deal with market retailers and wholesalers in aba, abia state. I try to know the market value of what am buying. Since am in aba, I want to know what aba traders buy at lagos or from importers and howmuch they buy there. Then I find product on alibaba and fight to get it at a price that I can sell to my customers at lagos price or same wih the importer. They nolonger worry about buying from lag and transporting to aba.

Fiftly, if u can always get a sample of what you are buying first. They would say its free but you pay for frieght. Not same for all sellers though.
For some, you have to buy the sample higher than the supply cost. Then when you place big order, they balance you sample fee.
Again, I use ali source pro for my sourcing. And I buy from wholesale checkout mostimes because moq is always low. Then I increase moq as I desire to get what I want. Also, when sourcing for products, always findout the city where d company is located. I always look out for companies close to or in guangzhou to reduce SF shipping to my freight forwarder. For freight forwarder, I use st patrick for air cargo. Works for me.
Chinese salespersons on alibaba are very patient and persuading individuals.be wary of them. They can persuade you to place orders of items you have changed ur mind on, please stick to your decision. Thats what makes you a businessman.
For payment, I use gtb mastercard for now. Opened an access bank account yesterday so as to get their visa card. Learnt from the house its cheaper.

Finally, thanks to all who made my solo adventure possible. Ymodulus. Mayorall. I remember these two names everyday even when I kw there are numerous guys who I heed to their write ups here.
Pls. What do you mean by Access Bank is cheaper compared to Gtbank?
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Adwexky(m): 11:41pm On Nov 20, 2014
Ymodulus:

Yes for sure. I buy few items . I bought just 1peice of Lenovo Vibe Mini yesterday.

Forget all those no you see there. These is where negotiations comes in. I will not like to go in there
Ymodulus, I must confess you are a rare Gem. Pls. I need your attention but don't know how you could regard me, I understand the fact that you are always busy but would you honor my emails?
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Intellab5: 1:04am On Nov 21, 2014
Alibaba does not accept my firstbank mastercard. I always use ebay.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Tompeters(m): 6:08pm On Nov 21, 2014
NonnyKings Logistics::: please gurus..... ... How much do they use to ship goods now since d dollar has increased.....

Thanks

Need answers pls
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by coolest01(m): 3:01am On Nov 23, 2014
Nice
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 23, 2014
ollybode:
pls what does T/T means?

It's "Telex transfer". It's a bank to bank transfer.

To do this transfer you will need the following
1:- BENEFICIARY NAME
2:- BENEFICIARY BANK NAME
3:- BENEFICIARY BANK ADDRESS
4:- ACCOUNT NUMBER
5:- SWIFT CODE.

I hope you're enlightened now?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by jerrygome: 6:38am On Dec 01, 2014
GTB Naira to dollar @ aliexpress today N180.76 cry
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by dasanchez1(m): 8:22am On Dec 01, 2014
Adwexky:
Pls. What do you mean by Access Bank is cheaper compared to Gtbank?
exchange rate.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Adwexky(m): 1:15pm On Dec 01, 2014
Please, what is their current EXCHANGE RATE?
dasanchez1:
exchange rate.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by dasanchez1(m): 2:08pm On Dec 01, 2014
Adwexky:
Please, what is their current EXCHANGE RATE?
I don't know as of now
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Intellab(m): 4:03pm On Dec 01, 2014
I read a post here where someone bought a 3G 1G RAM Tablet for #6,600 on alibaba. I don't seem to find any at that range.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by stechi(m): 4:41pm On Dec 01, 2014
Ymodulus:

you are welcome ma. stay tune for today's night tutorial. the power of negotiation.

Hi YModulus,let me go straight to my few questions having been a avid follower of your threads/posts:
1. I intend going into customised items like wristbands,but I am not a graphics designer,..how do I get a picture of my idea across to the manufacturers over there in China?
2. Considering how meagre my salary is as a family man (sure you understand my point), how much is the lowest I can budget to venture into this business of customised wristbands because I am seriously looking for alternative means of income to augument this "stipend" I earn as salary and also fund some online projects I intend to embark upon.

I understand your experience as you have carefully informed us here: https://www.nairaland.com/2019817/it-pays-guide-business-secrets
hence I would not want to request for any reliable contact in China,let me carefully apply lessons learnt from your lecture on NL and pray I am successful in the business I am about to start but PLEASE ACCEPT TO BE MY MENTOR,I promise not to bite the finger that feeds me.

Thanks.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by alakara(m): 5:13pm On Dec 01, 2014
stechi:

Hi YModulus,let me go straight to my few questions having been a avid follower of your threads/posts:
1. I intend going into customised items like wristbands,but I am not a graphics designer,..how do I get a picture of my idea across to the manufacturers over there in China?
2. Considering how meagre my salary is as a family man (sure you understand my point), how much is the lowest I can budget to venture into this business of customised wristbands because I am seriously looking for alternative means of income to augument this "stipend" I earn as salary and also fund some online projects I intend to embark upon.

I understand your experience as you have carefully informed us here: https://www.nairaland.com/2019817/it-pays-guide-business-secrets
hence I would not want to request for any reliable contact in China,let me carefully apply lessons learnt from your lecture on NL and pray I am successful in the business I am about to start but PLEASE ACCEPT TO BE MY MENTOR,I promise not to bite the finger that feeds me.

Thanks.

Nice my man.
God help your struggle.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Iboboiz93(m): 8:54pm On Dec 01, 2014
Ymodulus:

Thanks. sent you a mail
Hello bro, I really appreciate the assistance you are rendering to so many of us here. You would be doing me a very big favour by giving me your whatsapp contact,Am a novice in this importing biz. But am ready to learn from a guru like you. Here is my email okekechibueze101@gmail.com thanks and May God Almighty reward you.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by holyemmyjoe(m): 9:20pm On Dec 01, 2014
Pls I want to import customized wristband for a client but the seller said I should pay mould fee and I dont understand what she mean by mould fee. Pls help.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by kennyman20(m): 9:25pm On Dec 01, 2014
holyemmyjoe:
Pls I want to import customized wristband for a client but the seller said I should pay mould fee and I dont understand what she mean by mould fee. Pls help.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 05, 2014
Intellab:
I read a post here where someone bought a 3G 1G RAM Tablet for #6,600 on alibaba. I don't seem to find any at that range.

If for personal use you could buy it, but you're reselling don't try it, if you don't want wahala.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (23) (Reply)

Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) / UBA Bank Ebeano Estate Enugu Amid Coronavirus Issue (Photos) / Thousands Of Zimbabweans Lose Money As MMM Crashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.