Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce (6811 Views)

Billionaire Wife Shade Okoya Dazzles In New Photos / Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire / See Billionaire Bill Gate's House.. It Is Worth $147.5 Million Dollars! (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce by bigemmmybig(m): 10:02pm On Aug 04, 2014
Bangalore: In the business world , it is often said that if you have some
foresight, are honest and can work hard, then nothing can stop you from
earning decent amount of money or getting rich. The story of Ramesh Babu
from Bangalore is a glaring example of how you can surge ahead in this cut-
throat competitive business environment while doing things that you love.
Bangalore resident Ramesh Babu, is a star in his own league who runs the
business of cutting and styling hair. He is an ordinary businessman, with an
extraordinary wealth. He is a billionaire and owns a rent-a-car fleet of 67
alternative cars.
If you want a “good haircut”, Ramesh Babu can give you one for Rs 65. That
is, if he hasn’t already driven off in his Rs 3-crore Rolls Royce Ghost.
Babu, after all, is no ordinary barber. He is a billionaire barber who owns a
rent-a-car fleet of 60 cars.
He is also the subject of an upcoming film, likely to be released in three
languages. “Somehow, things have clicked for me,” says the 41-year-old.
Thirty-two years ago, everything seemed to be going wrong.
His father had just died, leaving the family his barber shop. His mother leased
the shop for Rs 5 a day and took up work as a domestic help to make ends
meet.
“I remember the day my father passed away, leaving our family and his
barbershop,” he says, recalling his mother’s struggle to bring up three kids on
her own.
As he grew older, Babu couldn’t decide whether to continue studying or start
working.
His mother made the decision for him.
He completed his schooling at St Patrick’s High School and then finished his
high secondary in St Joseph’s College of Commerce. In 1991, he decided to
run his father’s salon.
The salon, named Inner Space, was in a shopping complex by the school
where he studied. It soon became a trendy styling outlet for youngsters.
Within three years, Babu had enough spare cash to buy a Maruti Omni people
carrier for personal use. Then someone gave him the tip that changed his life.
One of his mother’s employers advised him to lease the Omni to Intel, the
company she worked with.
“It all began from there and, by 2004, I had six cars all engaged in the same
business,” Babu says.
After he lost the Intel assignment in 2004, Babu floated Ramesh Tours and
Travels and scouted for clients.
To tap high-end clients, he invested in a Mercedes E class luxury sedan that
cost him Rs 38 lakh. Three more Mercedes cars and four BMWs were added
to the fleet, which is, however, dominated by 48 Toyota Innovas. His clients
have included actors Salman Khan, Aamir Khan and Aishwarya Rai.
The Rolls Royce, a recent addition, came with a bank loan for which he is
paying Rs 7 lakh every month. When not leased out, Babu drives the white
beauty to work.
At Rs 50,000 a day, his Rolls Royce is rarely hired, but Babu is a contented
man. “I can at least drive this dream car and take my mother and family out
on drives,” he says.
Babu owes his success to doing what he thought was best. “Whatever I did, I
did well, that’s all I can say,” he smiles.
His bank balance and social status have changed for good, but Babu — now
married with three children, two girls and a boy — has stuck to working at the
salon without fail. “That’s my bread and butter,” he says about Inner Space.
An early riser, he checks his fleet before reaching the salon at 8 in the
morning. “Whatever I have achieved, there’s nothing like giving a good
haircut,” he says.
An avid football fan, who counts former India and Mohun Bagan player Babu
Mani among his friends, Babu can’t hide his disbelief that a film is being made
on him. “Now someone wants to make a movie on me,” he says.
Director Suresh Reddy is likely to cast southern actor Ramesh Arvind, who
has an uncanny resemblance to Babu.

www.ob9ja.com/2014/08/meet-ramesh-billionaire-barber-who.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook&m=1

Re: Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce by missdebs(f): 11:12pm On Aug 04, 2014
a man's gift will make hm stand b4 kings, abi no b person dey cut obama hair.....f**k skul

4 Likes

Re: Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce by bigemmmybig(m): 12:05am On Aug 05, 2014
missdebs: a man's gift will make hm stand b4 kings, abi no b person dey cut obama hair.....f**k skul

abi o..... bt d problem is dat most youths believe dat school na d only way while odas dnt really knw their talentsss there by livin a hapharzad life.....SMH grin
Re: Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce by Lobolintin(m): 12:41am On Aug 05, 2014
An a graduate ,but I have never worked with my cert
Re: Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce by nairamaverick(m): 12:54am On Aug 05, 2014
bigemmmybig:

abi o..... bt d problem is dat most youths believe dat school na d only way while odas dnt really knw their talentsss there by livin a hapharzad life.....SMH grin
not just youth that's the Nigerian mentality.
Re: Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce by shadowwalker101: 1:42am On Aug 05, 2014
nice that means you can make money doing anything you want to do
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce by maxibrainz: 2:11am On Aug 05, 2014
make una dey there dey yan anyhow no go school na just go find work, apart from say education go help you get beta job, e get other better things wen education the add to your life, if you know understand compare yourself with those your village brothers wen no go school

2 Likes

Re: Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce by mysticgal(f): 2:56am On Aug 05, 2014
Whatever you lay your hands to do,do it with dilligence knowing that e go betger tommorow.
Re: Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce by Nobody: 5:52am On Aug 05, 2014
Drop out of school at your own risk,what works for A,might not work for B..define yourself,and your talent,the sky shall be the stepping stone.

5 Likes

Re: Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce by hungryboy(m): 6:48am On Aug 05, 2014
That man has made it no doubt, but he is no billionaire

1 Like

Re: Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce by bigemmmybig(m): 7:01am On Aug 05, 2014
nairamaverick: not just youth that's the Nigerian mentality.

yea true talk
Re: Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 05, 2014
missdebs: a man's gift will make hm stand b4 kings, abi no b person dey cut obama hair.....f**k skul
. My sis read the story again, he had basic education,he finished from high school. If done properly schooling is an added advantage. Schooling is almost meaningless by itself, but when combined with your gifts places u ahead of other just gifted people. Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce by Dhortunn(m): 7:34am On Aug 05, 2014
Even if he didn't bag a degree, Masters and the likes...this man is EDUCATED. He got educated in the art of Barbing and leasing out properties. While school is essential in one's life, getting educated is more key and I'm not talking about cramming and skimming high volume textbooks just to pass a certification examination. Go figure!

2 Likes

Re: Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce by Dhortunn(m): 7:44am On Aug 05, 2014
Bing!
Re: Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce by Itoroetti(m): 7:57am On Aug 05, 2014
nothing is impossible with determination.
and to some of u saying "fck school",i dont understand ur hatred for school,why try to discourage others from education when u are personally educated?
u are saying fck school,but ur kids re going to high class schools.u hate school but u learn to type nairaland,open its site,read and comment.my dear,education compliment craft.

1 Like

Re: Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce by Krasid(m): 9:33am On Aug 05, 2014
Education is really important as it gives you a slight advantage, but once you have the talent and you are able to discover it then you will make it in life.
Re: Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce by busky101(m): 9:39am On Aug 05, 2014
Thank God for my big bro he will make a good barber
Re: Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce by Jhosh(m): 9:43am On Aug 05, 2014
bigemmmybig:

Yea ! Skul is not d only way tho but its not everyone that has the potential of makinq it without going to skul.In niqeria now.Plp who never went to skul du regret it..Its rear makinq it in niqeria widot goinq tu skul unless..Nan ritual or its God's mercy
Re: Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce by fxstory(m): 10:08am On Aug 05, 2014
Some people are just misunderstanding the concept of education.education is not certificate and certificate is not education.the guys saying f*ck school does not really know the importance of education.i wonder how you managed to spell f*ck school if you were not educated by those who went to school or probably attended a school.there is no billionaire in the world that is not educated.so many people fails to understand that microsoft founder, bill gate dropped out from harvard but did not start programing as an illitrate,he was educated.likewise this barber.education does not mean going to university.the people around you,educates you in one way or the other.after all, i did not learn how to speak pidgin inside school,learnt it at home, i did not learn how to say i want to eat inside school, i learnt it at home.its called education and education compliment talents.even if you attended makaranta as the muslim calls it, you went there to get educated.like the guy that is saying f*ck school, if you have a child, newly born,go and lock him or her in the cave until the child turns 30-40 years and see maybe talent will make him billionaire without education in this jet age.also do yourself the favour, go and watch the movie called the 3 idiots

2 Likes

Re: Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce by bigemmmybig(m): 10:27am On Aug 05, 2014
Jhosh:
Yea ! Skul is not d only way tho but its not everyone that has the potential of makinq it without going to skul.In niqeria now.Plp who never went to skul du regret it..Its rear makinq it in niqeria widot goinq tu skul unless..Nan ritual or its God's mercy

yea tru talk
Re: Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce by bigemmmybig(m): 10:28am On Aug 05, 2014
fxstory: Some people are just misunderstanding the concept of education.education is not certificate and certificate is not education.the guys saying f*ck school does not really know the importance of education.i wonder how you managed to spell f*ck school if you were not educated by those who went to school or probably attended a school.there is no billionaire in the world that is not educated.so many people fails to understand that microsoft founder, bill gate dropped out from harvard but did not start programing as an illitrate,he was educated.likewise this barber.education does not mean going to university.the people around you,educates you in one way or the other.after all, i did not learn how to speak pidgin inside school,learnt it at home, i did not learn how to say i want to eat inside school, i learnt it at home.its called education and education compliment talents.even if you attended makaranta as the muslim calls it, you went there to get educated.like the guy that is saying f*ck school, if you have a child, newly born,go and lock him or her in the cave until the child turns 30-40 years and see maybe talent will make him billionaire without education in this jet age.

i lov dis ryt up but frm it i kan deduce dat going to school is difrent frm being educated grin
Re: Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce by fxstory(m): 10:45am On Aug 05, 2014
bigemmmybig:

i lov dis ryt up but frm it i kan deduce dat going to school is difrent frm being educated grin
going to school is different from education but they both work hand in hand,they have a relationship..some people educate themself on how to design website,graphics etc without going to a school,they learnt it online or from someone,why some people went to a school to learn the same web design which means they were both educated in designing website.you can see they have a relationship and work hand in hand. read www.differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/difference-between-education-and-schooling/
Re: Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 05, 2014
Nice••i love ppl dat knw deir onions
Re: Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce by armadeo(m): 11:16am On Aug 05, 2014
hungryboy: That man has made it no doubt, but he is no billionaire

My thoughts exactly.
Re: Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce by NotNairalandi(m): 12:00pm On Aug 05, 2014
that is why Robert Kiyosaki wrote this book "if you want to be rich and happy dont go to school"plz dont get it twisted.education is for everyone but going to university is for employees.in nigeria,going to university is just to sharpen your civil service mentality....(go to school,get a good grade to enable you get a good job)......

1 Like

Re: Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce by bigemmmybig(m): 2:11pm On Aug 05, 2014
fxstory: going to school is different from education but they both work hand in hand,they have a relationship..some people educate themself on how to design website,graphics etc without going to a school,they learnt it online or from someone,why some people went to a school to learn the same web design which means they were both educated in designing website.you can see they have a relationship and work hand in hand. read www.differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/difference-between-education-and-schooling/

i get ur point bt school is nt for everyone sha......jst sayingrin

nice one bro
Re: Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce by Exmay(m): 4:57pm On Aug 05, 2014
This story for done burst enter FP if not for this Ebola of a thing wey dey dominate FP like one Caleb... Baba God make U Quick Bless my Hustle oooo...

1 Like

Re: Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 05, 2014
Were this to be a Nigerian, he'd quit barbing, take many titles and go into politics. He'd have dumped the clipper and scissors long ago.

1 Like

Re: Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce by bigemmmybig(m): 8:33pm On Aug 05, 2014
utumunta: Were this to be a Nigerian, he'd quit barbing, take many titles and go into politics. He'd have dumped the clipper and scissors long ago.

gat me laffin ma asssss out....naija ma country grin

(1) (Reply)

Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA / Household And Office Furniture At Affordable Rates / Aiteo Group Emerges Businessday’s ‘company Of The Year 2017′

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.