Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,792 members, 7,956,023 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:38 PM

14 Year Old Girl Set To Undergo Murder Trial Over Forced Marriage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 14 Year Old Girl Set To Undergo Murder Trial Over Forced Marriage (799 Views)

Finally, Buhari May Appear before ICC For Trial Over Biafra / Boko Haram Victims To Undergo Plastic Surgery (picture) / Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

14 Year Old Girl Set To Undergo Murder Trial Over Forced Marriage by snadguy007(m): 12:40am On Aug 05, 2014
Wasila Tasi’u, 14, is expected to begin trial for murder in northern Nigeria today, for allegedly poisoning a 35-year-old man, Umaru Sani, to whom she was forcibly wed.
The girl confessed to the poisoning of Sani and three others with a rat poison-laced dish that she served during the wedding party in Unguwar Yansoro village outside Kano, just a week after the union took place.

Despite the girl's confession, Kano State police spokesman Musa Magaji Majia told AFP, “She did it because she was forced by her parents to marry a man she did not love.”

Tasi'u's confession is also coming under scruntiny from her legal team. Her attorney, Hussaina Aliyu, who works for the International Federation of Women Lawyers, vehemently denies that the young woman's confession is legally admissible, being that the girl was interrogated without parental or legal supervision.

“She is still a child,” her lawyer pleaded. In light of this, the defense urges officials to transfer the case to a juvenile court, a request previously denied by Kano authorities.

Kano State has operated under sharia Islamic law since June 2000, around the time the defendant was born.

The practice of underage marriage is a frequent point of contention in sharia states, as the complicated hybridity of federal law and Islamic law often make it difficult to enforce and implement legislation. In the past several months, child marriage has been a pressing topic, ignited by legislative pressure to nationally greenlight the practice, which would effectively make girls legal adults once they are married off.

“Do justice to her. Treat the case as it is. Treat her as a child,” Aliyu begged officials.

Source: http://www.saharareporters.com/2014/08/04/14-year-old-girl-set-undergo-murder-trial-over-forced-marriage

Re: 14 Year Old Girl Set To Undergo Murder Trial Over Forced Marriage by major466(m): 12:43am On Aug 05, 2014
Why can't they just leave her alone. She's just a babe for God sake angry

1 Like

Re: 14 Year Old Girl Set To Undergo Murder Trial Over Forced Marriage by EvilBrain(m): 1:15am On Aug 05, 2014
Nigerians need to decide what kind country we want to live in. Do we want a country ruled according to barbaric customs and superstitions from dark and ancient times? Or do we want to look towards a brighter future?

We should take a long, hard look at Somalia, and Iraq and Sambisa forest. That is the future we're playing with if we don't get this religious nonsense out of our laws and out of our government.

And Christians should not start feeling smug about this case. Your religion is just as prone to barbarism as Islam. The only reason Christianity seems less horrible is because people in the west have managed to strip priests of almost all their political power. When your MoGs were in charge, things were even worse than they are in the middle east.
Re: 14 Year Old Girl Set To Undergo Murder Trial Over Forced Marriage by GetUmad: 1:33am On Aug 05, 2014
14 years. how did she knew about poison? the pedophilitic buffoon got what he deserved.

in an unrelated development, Naija peeps be like " Nothing dey happen jor" when in reality, no-one displays much cowardice in almost all things like them.
Whenever I have an interview and I seek for a time off from my boss he used to decline so I pull a fast one on him today.
See below the message I sent to him this morning and his subsequent reply.

Good day sir, This is Lawrence's mum. We're presently in d hospital, he was vomiting blood all through the night as well as stooling and non-stop cough.

35 minutes later my oga replied. Excerpt below.

"He should take all the time he needs. Infact I think he should use that opportunity to go on his overdue annual leave."

1 hour later another sms came in.

"Has he been diagnosed? What did the doctor say ma, is he complaining of chest pain and loss of appetite as well? "

The fear of ebola now in naija is d beginning of ........
Re: 14 Year Old Girl Set To Undergo Murder Trial Over Forced Marriage by Nobody: 3:16am On Aug 05, 2014
They should leave the poor girl alone. The sick paedophiles got what they deserve.
Re: 14 Year Old Girl Set To Undergo Murder Trial Over Forced Marriage by Kanwulia: 4:02am On Aug 05, 2014
Natural BORN WINCH!!!

Go and DIE and ROT in jail!
You should have killed your parents first!!!!! kiss
Re: 14 Year Old Girl Set To Undergo Murder Trial Over Forced Marriage by Nobody: 5:11am On Aug 05, 2014
Hian! But you know wat they did to the poor girl.Giving her away to a sick ,conji-stricken dirty old child rap.er all because deir religion accepts it.
Kanwulia: Natural BORN WINCH!!!

Re: 14 Year Old Girl Set To Undergo Murder Trial Over Forced Marriage by Prowizy2(m): 5:26am On Aug 05, 2014
Kanwulia: Natural BORN WINCH!!!

Will you type this nonsense if it were your 14yr old sister?

Mallam
Re: 14 Year Old Girl Set To Undergo Murder Trial Over Forced Marriage by tit(f): 5:31am On Aug 05, 2014
Make una no worry.
nothing is happening to the girl.
Sheik Yerima is there naw.
Once he is under-aged,
He will come to the rescue
For his own needs.
Re: 14 Year Old Girl Set To Undergo Murder Trial Over Forced Marriage by Kanwulia: 5:32am On Aug 05, 2014
Prowizy2:

Will you type this nonsense if it were your 14yr old sister?

Mallam

Yes! kiss

Ladystewie: Hian! But you know wat they did to the poor girl.Giving her away to a sick ,conji-stricken dirty old child rap.er all because deir religion accepts it.

Exactly my point!
Na the PARENTS I FOR KILL! kiss
Re: 14 Year Old Girl Set To Undergo Murder Trial Over Forced Marriage by Nobody: 5:35am On Aug 05, 2014
I don't blame her. the perverted child rap.er enter once with his dirty blokos and the poor girl must have swore in her mind dt the old fo.ol will not have his way with her again. na so she kill am. her ignorant parents are to blame also.
Kanwulia:

Yes! kiss

Exactly my point!
Na the PARENTS I FOR KILL! kiss
Re: 14 Year Old Girl Set To Undergo Murder Trial Over Forced Marriage by Nobody: 5:40am On Aug 05, 2014
rag heads
Re: 14 Year Old Girl Set To Undergo Murder Trial Over Forced Marriage by OneNaira6: 5:57am On Aug 05, 2014
I see no crime. They need to release that innocent girl and allow her to live out her teenage life in peace
Re: 14 Year Old Girl Set To Undergo Murder Trial Over Forced Marriage by Kanwulia: 6:43am On Aug 05, 2014
Ladystewie: I don't blame her. the perverted child rap.er enter once with his dirty blokos and the poor girl must have swore in her mind dt the old fo.ol will not have his way with her again. na so she kill am. her ignorant parents are to blame also.

I blame her.
The man was innocent.
NA HER PARENTS SHE FOR KILL! I WOULD HAVE KILLED THEM BOTH AND SPARED THE MAN! kiss
She would NEVER face any trial anywhere in this world!
Guaranteed!

Now. . . she must rot in jail!
Period! kiss

(1) (Reply)

Apc Is Mischievous And Totally Uninformed!-blasts Reuben Abati. / The Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Army!! / I Have Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had - Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.