Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

APC Is More About Propaganda - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Is More About Propaganda (820 Views)

APC Is The Real Threat To National Security Not Me – fayose / How Buhari And Jega Planned To Rig This 2015 Election - Codewit.com Propaganda / Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Is More About Propaganda by idumuose(m): 12:23pm On Aug 05, 2014
BY DAPO AKINREFON
Hon Funmilayo Olasehinde-Mustapha, served as a local government chairman of Ifedayo on the platform of PDP between 1998 and 2002. She was a member of the Osun State House of Assembly from 2003-2007.   She is currently the Director of Organisation, the Omisore/Bello Campaign Organisation. In this interview she takes a swipe at the APC, among other issues. Excerpts:

Your party has been consistently accused of carrying out attacks on other political parties especially on the APC, how true is this?

This is very untrue, everyone is aware APC is just about propaganda; they make up stories in their favour at all times and they are full of condemnation whenever the situation does not give them room to take charge.We are peace lovers in PDP;there is no record of such on the side of PDP except for APC attacks on PDP members in some council areas.

As PDP campaign train left Ifetedo for other places at the council area, a heavy and intimidating crowd received Omisore. It was overwhelming, APC members began to attack PDP members after we left, calls were received and the police was notified for necessary action.

Some have disagreed over your party’s insistence that the current administration has failed.

Many of us in PDP Osun State permanently reside in Osun State, we live with the people. This enables us to understand the people and what it requires to develop the people and the environment. Unlike the present administration, the appointees do not live with the people, they are Lagos residents working in Osun. Their little knowledge of the environment resulted in the inability of Governor Aregbesola’s administration to get to the heart of the good people of Osun State. Some of Aregbesola’s projects did not go down well with the people of Osun State. One is merging of schools, students of all public primary and secondary schools were instructed to wear the same uniform to every school in the entire state.

What new initiative will your party be bringing on board if elected?

Our party shall restore dignity to the education sector by separating merged schools, all schools shall return to their old school uniforms for proper identification. Thereafter, schools shall be given face-lifts such as employing more teachers, and adequate provision of all educational material for students. Senator Omisore as governor of Osun state shall put an end to O’YES programme by APC government, whereby all university/polytechnic /NCE graduates who are recruited to serve as labourers on our roads on O’YES programme shall be given proper employment in their various disciplines, while the less educated shall be recruited to take over the labour duty.

Aside this, why should the people of Osun State cast their votes for your party and candidate?

The policy of the present administration is too harsh on the people of Osun State. I live here in Osun, and I listen to what many say, people feel enslaved. A PDP government shall bring succour to our people in many ways. We understand the environment better, we are sure of what is best for the growth of our area, we shall make life worth living for the people, government is about the people and for the people.

But the opposition insists that your candidate  is not popular.

Haba! I disagree! Osun people love Omisore, Omisore has been in this system for many years, he served as deputy governor at the time I served as local government council chairman, he served the people at the Senate twice. He won the senatorial seat while he was held in prison at the time of investigation, the people of Osun love him more, the song in Osun at the moment is in favour of Omisore. The response from people at the campaign ground is an evidence to this, coupled with positive comments from individuals and groups over Omisore’s candidature. I am very sure Osun people shall stand before the entire nation to present Omisore as Osun State governor on Saturday 9, August 2014.

Many see the recent expulsion of six chieftains of your party as a wrong decision which may affect the fortunes of your party on the day of the election. What is your opinion?

You know PDP is a very big family, expulsion of some people from the party is like off loading burden from an over-loaded vehicle.

The opposition has accused your party of collaborating with INEC and the Federal Government to manipulate the election in your favour, what do you have to say to this allegation?

They based their allegation on the recent redeployment of Mr Akeju, the former REC.

I cannot understand why APC complains of provision of adequate security at the poll. I wonder why. Security men are expected to ensure peace at this period. They cannot vote, so how would they manipulate the election in favour of PDP?

What are your expectations from INEC and security agencies on the day of the election?

We look forward to a peaceful, free and fair election as it was in Ekiti.

Source : Vanguard newspapers.

Re: APC Is More About Propaganda by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 05, 2014
And PDP is full of shiit. Koooo.
Re: APC Is More About Propaganda by Punchie: 12:45pm On Aug 05, 2014
@ibnsultan i dont get what you mean
Re: APC Is More About Propaganda by deeobserver209(m): 9:37pm On Aug 05, 2014
Janjaweedism is the trade mark of APC.

1 Like

Re: APC Is More About Propaganda by vicadex07(m): 2:00am On Aug 06, 2014
AND PDP IS MORE ABOUT STEALING!!!

7 guaranteed steps of becoming a billionaire in Nigeria.

1. Join PDP
2. Steal plenty money
3. Fight PDP
4. Join APC
5. When PDP led Government comes for
investigation, scream WIZARD sorry WITCH
hunt.
6. Go back to PDP to avoid prosecution.
7. Continue Stealing with his old PDP peeps.

(1) (Reply)

Femi Fani-kayode And Akin Osuntokun Families.....conservativism Due To The Belly / Pdp Raises Panel On Mimiko’s Defection / Open Letter To Mr President On Why Diezani Deserves To Be Sacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.