Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

How Do I Catch Thieves That Are Stealing Phone In My Hostel - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do I Catch Thieves That Are Stealing Phone In My Hostel (2176 Views)

How To Opt Out Of MTN Subscriptions That Are Stealing Your Credit Yourself / Whatsapp Is Now Completely FREE, But There’s A Worrying CATCH / Smartphone Thieves Will Hate This New Android 5.1 Update. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Catch Thieves That Are Stealing Phone In My Hostel by Ovie56(m): 7:41pm On Aug 05, 2014
pls suggest ways/strategy to deal with this its getting out of hand

my hostel description is as follow
4 blocks all rooms are self contained 2 blocks facing each other
Re: How Do I Catch Thieves That Are Stealing Phone In My Hostel by bigtt76(f): 7:45pm On Aug 05, 2014
Install CCTV cameras grin

Ovie56: pls suggest ways/strategy to deal with this its getting out of hand

my hostel description is as follow
4 blocks all rooms are self contained 2 blocks facing each other
Re: How Do I Catch Thieves That Are Stealing Phone In My Hostel by Ovie56(m): 7:51pm On Aug 05, 2014
how much will it cost
Re: How Do I Catch Thieves That Are Stealing Phone In My Hostel by Wisdomkosi(m): 8:03pm On Aug 05, 2014
Vex carry your phone put for una passage then go climb one tree wey tall for una hostel make sure you hold your hand tight. I no go come your burial if you fall. Dey on top the tree d monitor d phone. U must surely catch the thief. Bring one of bottle star to thank me later

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Catch Thieves That Are Stealing Phone In My Hostel by Wisdomkosi(m): 8:04pm On Aug 05, 2014
grin
Re: How Do I Catch Thieves That Are Stealing Phone In My Hostel by durella4(m): 8:15pm On Aug 05, 2014
Just tag ur phone with 'I'm infected with ebola pls stay clear'.
Anybody that sees that will run away from you phone

Goodluck!!!!
Re: How Do I Catch Thieves That Are Stealing Phone In My Hostel by 9jahubcom(m): 8:23pm On Aug 05, 2014
Wisdomkosi: Vex carry your phone put for una passage then go climb one tree wey tall for una hostel make sure you hold your hand tight. I no go come your burial if you fall. Dey on top the tree d monitor d phone. U must surely catch the thief. Bring one of bottle star to thank me later
on point
Re: How Do I Catch Thieves That Are Stealing Phone In My Hostel by ib4real95(m): 8:40pm On Aug 05, 2014
To catch a monkey behave like a monkey!
Re: How Do I Catch Thieves That Are Stealing Phone In My Hostel by ib4real95(m): 8:41pm On Aug 05, 2014
To catch a monkey behave like a monkey! thank me l8r
Re: How Do I Catch Thieves That Are Stealing Phone In My Hostel by Lexusgs430: 9:59pm On Aug 05, 2014
Set a trap, with real humans ready to pounce.
Re: How Do I Catch Thieves That Are Stealing Phone In My Hostel by femi4: 10:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
Get a shop, and start buying and selling used phones.

Surely, the thief will be your regular customer

1 Like

Re: How Do I Catch Thieves That Are Stealing Phone In My Hostel by nwaobitex: 10:27pm On Aug 05, 2014
Ehm....
Re: How Do I Catch Thieves That Are Stealing Phone In My Hostel by Superstar007(m): 10:36pm On Aug 05, 2014
ib4real95: To catch a monkey behave like a monkey!

*behave like a banana

1 Like

Re: How Do I Catch Thieves That Are Stealing Phone In My Hostel by Neduzze5(m): 9:28am On Aug 06, 2014
If the thief usually visits at night, change your timetable. Make your night your day and your day your night.

I remember then back in school. We were 16 in our school hostel. My phone was the first phone to get missing. Then that of 5 other people got missing.

So we set up a timetable on how to guard the room. On the night that was my turn, I was lying on the bed fully awake. I heard the creak of our door and pretended as though I was sleeping.

The thief searched my pocket but I no move shikim. When he saw no phone, he went onto other room mates. I allowed him to collect a phone first and put into his pocket before I jumped up and grabbed him by his belt.

After holding him tightly, I woke roomies up and we started questioning him. What we did to him that day is a tale for another day. After parading him up and down our three storey building hostel, members of other rooms began to fear us.

No one dared come into our room after 11:30pm until our second semester. That time, I caught another person and this one really took the brunt of out punishment.

But the truth of the matter is that after disgracing the first thief, we began running away from our room because he threatened us that he was coming back for us. He was a cult boy and he told us that to avoid his punishment, we should pay him 10k each and come to his lodge off camp to collect 20 strokes of machete grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Catch Thieves That Are Stealing Phone In My Hostel by biz2get(m): 12:05pm On Aug 06, 2014
Neduzze5: If the thief usually visits at night, change your timetable. Make your night your day and your day your night.

I remember then back in school. We were 16 in our school hostel. My phone was the first phone to get missing. Then that of 5 other people got missing.

So we set up a timetable on how to guard the room. On the night that was my turn, I was lying on the bed fully awake. I heard the creak of our door and pretended as though I was sleeping.

The thief searched my pocket but I no move shikim. When he saw no phone, he went onto other room mates. I allowed him to collect a phone first and put into his pocket before I jumped up and grabbed him by his belt.

After holding him tightly, I woke roomies up and we started questioning him. What we did to him that day is a tale for another day. After parading him up and down our three storey building hostel, members of other rooms began to fear us.

No one dared come into our room after 11:30pm until our second semester. That time, I caught another person and this one really took the brunt of out punishment.

But the truth of the matter is that after disgracing the first thief, we began running away from our room because he threatened us that he was coming back for us. He was a cult boy and he told us that to avoid his punishment, we should pay him 10k each and come to his lodge off camp to collect 20 strokes of machete grin

grin
Re: How Do I Catch Thieves That Are Stealing Phone In My Hostel by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 06, 2014
there is ann app called "THIEF CATCHER". it is very effective. jst download and install it.......

thank me later
Re: How Do I Catch Thieves That Are Stealing Phone In My Hostel by Richydos(m): 7:46pm On Aug 06, 2014
make u self begin thief period!!!.. thief must know thief n then will u find ur thief...shikena
Re: How Do I Catch Thieves That Are Stealing Phone In My Hostel by macdady: 8:00pm On Aug 06, 2014
Use a rabbits trap grin..it works dieee
Re: How Do I Catch Thieves That Are Stealing Phone In My Hostel by Prymestrr(m): 8:29pm On Aug 06, 2014
Neduzze5: If the thief usually visits at night, change your timetable. Make your night your day and your day your night.

Ju are a liar!!!!!grin
Re: How Do I Catch Thieves That Are Stealing Phone In My Hostel by tonardo(m): 8:38pm On Aug 06, 2014
phayvorr: there is ann app called "THIEF CATCHER". it is very effective. jst download and install it.......

thank me later
There's an i do use when charging my phone.. In a public places..
If you unplug or sake it it will start shouting thief! thief! theif.....
Re: How Do I Catch Thieves That Are Stealing Phone In My Hostel by Neduzze5(m): 1:18am On Aug 07, 2014
Prymestrr:
Ju are a liar!!!!!grin

Lol... Na true oh. This one happen for our 200L. Ask short Jude or Eric. Two of them been dey the same room with me then.
Re: How Do I Catch Thieves That Are Stealing Phone In My Hostel by Prymestrr(m): 8:29am On Aug 07, 2014
Neduzze5:

Lol... Na true oh. This one happen for our 200L. Ask short Jude or Eric. Two of them been dey the same room with me then.

Ju lieembarassedgrin

(1) (Reply)

Icon Packs & Themes To Customize Your Phone [andriod Users] / Mtn Stopped 100% Data Bonus? / Use Multiple Whatsapp In One Phone ( Download Here)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.