Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,546 members, 7,955,024 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:44 PM

Govt Job With Average Salary VERSUS Private Organization Job With Fat Salary. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govt Job With Average Salary VERSUS Private Organization Job With Fat Salary. (1155 Views)

Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan Now Fat? / See What Jonathan Campaign Organization Distributed At A Rally Yesterday (Pix) / What can GEJ achieve in 4years With Less Revenue VS his 6years With Fat Revenue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Govt Job With Average Salary VERSUS Private Organization Job With Fat Salary. by JadeWilliam(f): 8:41pm On Aug 05, 2014
If you had a government job (let's currently at level 12) with an average salary&then you get a job as a senior staff at a private organization with triple of what you're currently earning at your government job with other benefits. What wil u do?
Re: Govt Job With Average Salary VERSUS Private Organization Job With Fat Salary. by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 05, 2014
There are some few advantages of government jobs like receiving pensions nd gratuities which private hardly do nd also thr is job security in government job thn private bcus d owner of d private organization can come 1day nd just decide 2 sack u.In d long run government is better bt in d short run private is

3 Likes

Re: Govt Job With Average Salary VERSUS Private Organization Job With Fat Salary. by JadeWilliam(f): 11:42am On Aug 06, 2014
Guys! I need intelligent opinions. Someone has a decision 2mak real quick. Come on
Re: Govt Job With Average Salary VERSUS Private Organization Job With Fat Salary. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 06, 2014
Well it depends on your age. Imo, government job is for when one reaches middle age, by then one must have worked in private, garner loads of experience and substantial savings. It depends on the kind of job though, but that is my opinion and what I intend doing.
Re: Govt Job With Average Salary VERSUS Private Organization Job With Fat Salary. by JadeWilliam(f): 6:12pm On Aug 06, 2014
@mod pls can u post dis topic 2d appropriate section so dat I can get d response I'm desparately looking for.
Re: Govt Job With Average Salary VERSUS Private Organization Job With Fat Salary. by delpee(f): 9:10pm On Aug 06, 2014
It depends on the govt. institution. Some are so full of ancient ways of doing things and excessive bureaucracy which may be difficult to adjust to after years in the private sector. There are some modern govt parastatals though. Find out about the work processes and conditions of service as a basis of comparison.
BTW the new pension law covers both public and private sectors.
Re: Govt Job With Average Salary VERSUS Private Organization Job With Fat Salary. by ayobase(m): 6:56pm On Nov 30, 2014
JadeWilliam:
@mod pls can u post dis topic 2d appropriate section so dat I can get d response I'm desparately looking for.

hope the person was able to make a better decision.

for me, I chose a private firm over government's

I dont plan working forever for someone/government due to unforseen circumstances that could render the company null.

target a short term goal with private organization with much better package than the government is preferred.

I care less about security of job at this point.

(1) (Reply)

#bringbackourgirls: 130 Days Later, Chibok Girls Still Missing / LASEMA. Lagos State Emergency Management Agency. PICS.. / Military Dismisses GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.