Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,613 members, 7,823,667 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US (18790 Views)

Will you vote for Donald Trump for 5000$,black Americans react (snapshots) / Donald Trump Vows– Will Lock Museveni And Mugabe In Prison If I Become President / 'Muslims To Be Stopped From Entering US'- Donald Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by sovpounds(m): 10:13am On Aug 06, 2014
Its the same Donald Trump that stated that President Barack Obama was not born in the United States and so was not qualified to be President. He continued this claim until President Obama was forced to show his birth certificate to the world to prove that he was born in Hawaii. Donald Trump is fond of wild claims to seek publicity so I aint surprised.
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by shaybebaby(f): 10:20am On Aug 06, 2014
Picture this:
Man arrives at airport of his deatination( Yankee in this example).
Border agency: " do you have anything to declare?"
Man: " yea, a possible case of Ebola but don't worry, my God is with me as well so Ebola will not triumph, you are safe".
Border agency: " get the fvck back on the next flight to whence you came and take your Ebola and God with you"
The fact is I'm reading a lot of negativity against those doing the needful, pointing fingers at those countries doing what is required to protect their citizens whereas our leaders dropped the ball. Yet they are the ones being criticised for this and we on the other hand are hating on them and at the same time waiting on them to provide a solution to out problems. Reeks of stupidity.
We have pharmaceutical companies eh and we have oil. How about we finding research into this pandemic and trying to find the cure to our problem? They have brains, so do we.
Maybe then that conversation can be like

Man: " I did have Ebola but it is cured now and guess what? My country is selling the cure to other affected African countries, saving lives, generating revenue for our economy, providing jobs for medical personnel. If Ebola did come into your country, holla at naija! Now let me the fvck in and let me go about my business!

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by diarra94(m): 10:22am On Aug 06, 2014
frainc: egbemi ke
See this original kpako boy way wan to dey form "phukkin phukkin' for nairaland
Hmmmmm
you wan make i speak for pigin before?
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by richtubor: 10:24am On Aug 06, 2014
Why now?

Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 10:25am On Aug 06, 2014
richtubor: Why now?

Lmfao
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 06, 2014
evegran: Same mouth for cursing, same mouth for asking God for help immediately? You didn't even ask for forgiveness before praying to God for help? How can your prayers work?!
Nna, no vex abeg, just that the idiot billionaire made me to say so. Please God, forgive me for my miss-mouthing, amen
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by klas(m): 10:48am On Aug 06, 2014
Unless the man actually mean that all West Africans (not flights) should be banned from traveling, then there is no solution in his suggestion.

In the first instance, only four countries - Nigeria, Ghana, Senegal and Cape Verde have direct flights to US. I have been to US many times and have never taken direct flights. Infact, the mid-east airlines are my preferred choice. So how does flight ban solve the problem?

Secondly, what of non west Africans living in west africa?

If nigeria had banned flights from Liberia, Senegal and guinea earlier, how would that have prevented Sawyer from coming in? His flights were from Ghana to Togo to Nigeria. Those countries are not on Ebola list.

The solution is in WHO recommendation that the disease is not contagious until the patient actually fall ill. So an ill-looking passenger of whatever origin should be tested and monitored.
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by frainc(m): 10:52am On Aug 06, 2014
diarra94:
you wan make i speak for pigin before?
yes ke
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by Forwetinnah: 11:01am On Aug 06, 2014
They can come here for business no matter how grave the situation is to chase petro-dollar but we can't go there. ..useless people!! The trash you created goes back to you to STAY. Now its a West African thing after their stewpid research has produced their desired results. They come to Africa to dump all sorts even chemicals then turn around to point Fingers when things go wrong. Na their fault?
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by LilPeezy(m): 11:11am On Aug 06, 2014
tbagjames: Lets call a spade a spade, he spoke not only the truth but the gospel truth. Nigeria delayed and we are reaping it's consequencies. If not that Nigeria is a country, some nigerians would have advocated that all flights from Lagos to other parts of the countries be stopped.
flights from lagos to oda stateswah abwt d roads?u c ur life, u jux sound lyk one idiot in my office......d guy no dy eva contribute sumfin meaninful, una b brodas?jux askin no beef plssssssssszzzzzz
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by ghostofsparta(m): 11:12am On Aug 06, 2014
GenBuhari: Oh only now we are starting to get upset?

We better wake up fast.

I have been saying for so long that the whole Ebola hysteria is being deliberately generated by the white man to disadvantage and us in some way.

I predicted that we may be denied visas.

They may even degrade our trade with the rest of the world (and stupidly ) we may be panicked into breaking trading relationships with other African countries.

Some perspective:

Rabies is more deadly than Ebola!

Influenza is more contagious than Ebola!

Upto 500,000 die annually from Influenza.

Why are there no hysteria from BBC and CNN about Rabies and Influenza?

Make una shine your eyes well well.

On point......check here and drop a response to my take on the true genesis of Ebola. Thanks
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by EMERITUS1(m): 11:21am On Aug 06, 2014
Mr Donald Trump, bros abeg i need like $1 million just wire the money to me western union transfer. If you ready make i send you my account details. Thanks egbon
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 11:41am On Aug 06, 2014
Unfortunately,many Nigerians are semi illiterate and unpatriotic fools,the president and minister of health can go to hell, they are idiots. I live in Mali and something like this has not happen because their government are mean,they will never allow it to enter here even as they share border with one of the affected country,the problem with Nigerian leaders are their incompetence and half baked education.

Since this virus started,no one has taking it so serious,now that it is in,they want to act God.Hell No.

Even the doctors who attended the Liberian man are all fools,one does not need to tell you as long as he is from Liberia and show sign of sickness, you don't need to touch him right from the airport,our government should have taking the measures that they took now right from day one. Now they want to create a bad image for our dear land. My advice to you all honest and well meaning Nigerians is to vote out the clown called Jonathan from office. If he visit Mali, you all will hear the news because we are ready to disgrace him here. Idiotic president with idiotic ministers. Proudly Nigerian from Abia State.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by zurine(f): 11:45am On Aug 06, 2014
wow
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by jaggedboi(m): 11:53am On Aug 06, 2014
Its not new ....mr trump can talk bulls..t any time he liks, cos of a few mil..... Make him stroll
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by stagger: 11:56am On Aug 06, 2014
For this ex-billionaire now turned millionaire (his net worth is down to less than $900 million) to display such crass ignorance about the disease is pathetic. The fool was even advocating that the US doctor and health worker, his countrymen, should have been left to die in Liberia.

This is a man who is so full of himself. What has he done for charity compared to Bill Gates? Fool!
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by 190theclown: 12:04pm On Aug 06, 2014
diarra94: the only thing fukking africans are good at is complaining and laying blames. for fukk sake, with the kind of unhygienic environments and conditions you guys are living in, it is only a matter of time before fatal diseases strike. south east asian countries were faced with the swine flu virus, they did all things possible to isolate the infected and ensure a very small number of fatalities. but the fukking black man always thinks he is disadvantaged.
grin grin grin
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by hiss(m): 12:08pm On Aug 06, 2014
andy24: I expect Dangote to reply him. Foolish billionaire
Dangote no get twitter account
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by ooshinibos: 12:28pm On Aug 06, 2014
ignorant money bag , west africa is not a country !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by tbagjames(m): 12:49pm On Aug 06, 2014
LilPeezy: flights from lagos to oda stateswah abwt d roads?u c ur life, u jux sound lyk one idiot in my office......d guy no dy eva contribute sumfin meaninful, una b brodas?jux askin no beef plssssssssszzzzzz
It takes wisdom to comprehend my writeup.
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 06, 2014
Maybe some Africans started sleeping with bats. Just saying...
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by Ela59: 1:04pm On Aug 06, 2014
That pig(trump) is out of sense, he need to be cage. The problem of Nigerians is that any trash from so-called white are valuable than their thought. SARs znd Swineflu in China, no flight was checked. The SHYSTER and RACIST is OBAMA biggest critis. West African ke.
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by niceguy4(m): 2:30pm On Aug 06, 2014
people coming from countries affected with Ebola should be quarantined for some days...dat way d spread of the virus will be curbed.
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 06, 2014
NgwaManNaija4LF: Unfortunately,many Nigerians are semi illiterate and unpatriotic fools,the president and minister of health can go to hell, they are idiots. I live in Mali and something like this has not happen because their government are mean,they will never allow it to enter here even as they share border with one of the affected country,the problem with Nigerian leaders are their incompetence and half baked education.

Since this virus started,no one has taking it so serious,now that it is in,they want to act God.Hell No.

Even the doctors who attended the Liberian man are all fools,one does not need to tell you as long as he is from Liberia and show sign of sickness, you don't need to touch him right from the airport,our government should have taking the measures that they took now right from day one. Now they want to create a bad image for our dear land. My advice to you all honest and well meaning Nigerians is to vote out the clown called Jonathan from office. If he visit Mali, you all will hear the news because we are ready to disgrace him here. Idiotic president with idiotic ministers. Proudly Nigerian from Abia State.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 06, 2014
Donald Trump or whatever you are called, shut your trap! Eat your hateful words, choke on them! You are such a daft man.
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by Fulaman198(m): 4:47pm On Aug 06, 2014
Toaskarity: Thats what u call passion for ur fatherland..
He really cares for his family nd friends life..

Yeah right, Donald Trump cares about no one except himself. These are all anti-Obama politics
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by Fulaman198(m): 4:51pm On Aug 06, 2014
LMAyedun:
Don't be mad Bro! He is right, he loves his land and his people.
Prevention is still far better than cure.

He doesn't love his land you brainwashed kid. He is only doing this to spread anti-Obama politics
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by Fulaman198(m): 4:52pm On Aug 06, 2014
ademega: This man made this statement out of the love he has for his country people. If fire catch person and child , u quench that of urself before that of your child .

You can't be this dense seriously
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by remmat(f): 5:43pm On Aug 06, 2014
the man is very right....u cant use sentiment to risk other's lives. precaution is less expensive
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by ademega(m): 6:56pm On Aug 06, 2014
Well , that was my personal opinion and without apology to no one. Like one of my policies i learnt from the elders while growing up, that its better u say noting if you dont have anything good to say to your fellow being , so , i have out growing saying rubbish to my fellow. I guess the saving grace. If it were those times when i was still dense and dump ,i may actually give it to you more than your own coin and bagain . Peace .
Fulaman198:

You can't be this dense seriously
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by Fulaman198(m): 6:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
ademega: Well , that was my personal opinion and without apology to no one. Like one of my policies i learnt from the elders while growing up, that its better u say noting if you dont have anything good to say to your fellow being , so , i have out growing saying rubbish to my fellow. I guess the saving grace. If it were those times when i was still dense and dump ,i may actually give it to you more than your own coin and bagain . Peace .

Whatever man,

You obviously don't know much about Donald Trump.

1. He is a bigot (he hates blacks)
2. He is no billionaire (let alone a millionaire) he is in debt
3. He is anti-Obama and wishes to see Obama fail. If he really loved the American people he would do anything he could to support Obama.
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by ademega(m): 7:08pm On Aug 06, 2014
If you had enlightened me this way before ,what do you think i would said ?
Do you think it would ve built good friendship and better relationship? Hmm .
Fulaman198:

Whatever man,

You obviously don't know much about Donald Trump.

1. He is a bigot (he hates blacks)
2. He is no billionaire (let alone a millionaire) he is in debt
3. He is anti-Obama and wishes to see Obama fail. If he really loved the American people he would do anything he could to support Obama.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Iran’s Guards Pull Top Officers From Syria After Israeli Strikes / North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State / Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.