Stats: 3,160,858 members, 7,844,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … (1189 Views)

We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola / Nigeria’s Power Generating Capacity Now 5,500mw / 160,000 MW Possible By 2014 - Minister (2) (3) (4)

Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … by kel4soft: 8:36am On Aug 06, 2014
....Blames supply on non -alignment of projects

The Presidency has announced the attainment of 8, 000MW electricity generation capacity in the country .
This entire volume of power according to Presidency cannot be generated due to non -alignment of gas
infrastructure and transmission facilities .
Speaking exclusively with Nigerian NewsDirect , Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on Power (PTFP ) ,
Engr . Reynolds Beks Dagogo- Jack stated that Nigeria has 8, 000 MW of electricity constructed but cannot be
produced as a result of poor planning in the past . This , he blamed on ownership of all power assets
completely by the government , power stations and very poor management of all assets in the value chain
for power production.
“ Planning was not where it should be . Projects were not where they should be . Alignment of plans and
projects were not in synch . The bottom line was that with such terrible conditions’ the industry capacity of
the country does not align . You can have capacity in generation , I have just told you that we have the
means to generate about 8, 000MW of electricity constructed and ready to fire up. However, these power
stations cannot produce because we don’ t have enough gas . They cannot go because of the poor planning
in the past , ” he lamented.
Dagogo-Jack explained that if a country is to have 8, 000 MW of generation and about 65percent of that is
fueled by natural gas , it means that the system should at least be ready with the amount of gas in place at
the point of inaugurating the power plants . According to him , this has not been the case in the past . We had
plans and projects implemented in staccato , they were not in alignment. Some projects which ought to have
been completed before others suffered slippages. So , you have to wait for the other projects to catch up. ”
However, the Chairman of PTFP stressed that it is not as bad as we paint it because every day , projects are
being progressed steadily to close these gaps . The gaps , he claimed are being closed . “ Things are
happening. Procurement is ongoing , Projects are being constructed and being pressured for prompt delivery .
The key issue is the public expectation of instant arrival of 24- hour service. Indeed , at all levels of gas
production process we are making a lot of progress , ” he noted
Assuring Nigerians of government’ s unflinching efforts to achieve stable power in the nearest future , Dagogo
said: “ There will be adequate power supply in the near future , and the fundamental for this expectation is
already well on ground and not in the air. I will give you some examples. In 2010 , total constructed available
power that can come on the National Grid was 4 ,500 MW. In 2014 , total constructed available power that can
be brought to the grid is about 8, 000MW. Does that not look like progress to you? To this extent , if
somebody tells you that we are still where we were in 2010 , you have to look at him in the face and ask him
to have a rethink .
“ Nigeria had diverse energy mix, including alternative fuel sources , such as natural gas , coal , small and
large hydro , solar and wind.
Dagogo-Jack said this was the best mix for any long -term investor seeking to make the best out of fuel
sources .
He explained that successfully managing the nation ’ s energy sector would have huge multiplier effects on
the economy.
“ Nigeria has the best potential in Africa for translating electricity expansion into diversified economic base
for sustained GDP growth .
“ President Goodluck Jonathan set up the task force to ensure proper implementation of the reform in the
power sector . The Federal Government is rigorously pursuing the reform agenda to make sure infrastructure
in the power sector is taken to the next level.
However, he said that a reform anywhere in the world comes with challenges . “ There is no history of a
major reform process where everybody cooperated and allowed a hitch-free delivery . There is the area of
internal and external levels of resistance which had to be managed with tact and wisdom .
“ The people who benefit from the inefficiencies are always afraid of any change which could affect their
interests. The fear of the unknown generated reactions from all angles . The people who benefitted from the
high level of inefficiencies before the reform such as the generator and the diesel salesmen among others , all impact on the agenda .
“ We were constantly engaging the people who would like to maintain the status quo. We kept replanning and re- engaging to keep the momentum steady . This is in no small measure due to the unwavering leadership of the government of President Jonathan for his patience and commitment , ” he stated .

www.newsdirectonline.com/newstory.php?ID=7991&m=1
Re: Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … by Omexonomy: 8:43am On Aug 06, 2014
Where are the lies in what he said?
Except for lagos state most state i have visited are doing well when it comes to electricity.

Re: Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … by 99100(m): 9:18am On Aug 06, 2014
Omexonomy: Where are the lies in what he said?
Except for lagos state most state i have visited are doing well when it comes to electricity.

Forget the op .He is suffering from a syndrome called 'badbelleism'.
Re: Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … by phantom(m): 9:25am On Aug 06, 2014
which other States?
I live in PH,and we are seeing hell here.
a lot of half truths or even pure lies are being told about our power situation.
you sell to your cronies,who then turn around and ask you for loans to finance the acquisitions.
funny country indeed.

Re: Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:26am On Aug 06, 2014

Bloody paid liar!

Re: Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … by DOMINUSCREDO: 9:30am On Aug 06, 2014

Me i dey enjoy 22hrs uninterrupted power supply.

Kudos to Gej and obiano

Re: Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … by colossus2: 9:43am On Aug 06, 2014
Did you say most states?
How many states have you visited if I may ask?
Sometimes I wonder what we gain from blind support. Are you being paid in anyway?
If you go to every state, there are places which might have constant power supply, in that same state there are places which don't have at all.
Because 10% has uninterrupted supply, you now generalize that the whole of that state has got power supply meanwhile 90% of that state haven't seen light in weeks.

Re: Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … by DRealGeesam(m): 10:32am On Aug 06, 2014
colossus2:
Did you say most states?
Sometimes I wonder what we gain from blind support. Are you being paid in anyway?
If you go to every state, there are places which might have constant power supply, in that same state there are places which don't have at all.
Because 10% has uninterrupted supply, you now generalize that the whole of that state has got power supply meanwhile 90% of that state haven't seen light in weeks.
Honestly i hate sentimental people. Thank you for putting up a logical argument. As for me i have seen no improvement. A friend of mine at the National control center, told me that their readings there is just approximately 3500mega watt.
What do we gain by supporting lies just because the lie is coming from a man from our region.
This is not about supporting our own man at all cost, it is about facts.

Re: Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … by Omexonomy: 10:33am On Aug 06, 2014
colossus2:
Did you say most states?
i never said all state. Why not travel out of ur southwest and visit other state

Re: Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … by fitzmayowa: 10:42am On Aug 06, 2014
Naija politicians always shifting the goal post since 1999...Stable power by 2010 four years after we are still struggling to have 12hours of stable electricity...SMH

Whether its "Angry People's Congress or by force fresh air PDP" they are all liars
Re: Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … by Descartes: 10:44am On Aug 06, 2014
Let it be constant in all quarters cool
Re: Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … by colossus2: 11:30am On Aug 06, 2014
Omexonomy: i never said all state. Why not travel out of ur southwest and visit other state
Rise above this dude. You are better than this.
Why do you think I am in southwest?
Why do you think I have not visited other states?
In the state you are, I bet you have not gone 40% of that particular state.
You have 24/7 power supply in your hood doesn't mean the entirety of your LGA gets that also.
If in a country of 160-180million citizens, only 40million boasts of steady power supply, then I am afraid of the definition of adequate power supply.
I also hope the number of times you turn on your generator is once a month.

Re: Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … by oduastates: 1:30pm On Aug 06, 2014
colossus2:
Rise above this dude. You are better than this.
Why do you think I am in southwest?
Why do you think I have not visited other states?
In the state you are, I bet you have not gone 40% of that particular state.
You have 24/7 power supply in your hood doesn't mean the entirety of your LGA gets that also.
If in a country of 160-180million citizens, only 40million boasts of steady power supply, then I am afraid of the definition of adequate power supply.
I also hope the number of times you turn on your generator is once a month.

He is a government paid social media troll.
Ignore him.

Re: Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … by Curlieweed: 1:54pm On Aug 06, 2014
phantom: which other States?
a lot of half truths or even pure lies are being told about our power situation.
you sell to your cronies,who then turn around and ask you for loans to finance the acquisitions.
funny country indeed.

Blame your Apeeshit governor because the Rivers State Government controls the PH Disco. You guys should start criticizing from a position of knowledge. The electricity paradigm has changed and the tradition of criticizing the central government is beginning to look, well........

Re: Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … by 1wolex85: 2:17pm On Aug 06, 2014
Curlieweed:

Blame your Apeeshit governor because the Rivers State Government controls the PH Disco. You guys should start criticizing from a position of knowledge. The electricity paradigm has changed and the tradition of criticizing the central government is beginning to look, well........
Seriously? Do u know what a disco is? Can you distribute what is not generated? Grow up, not all discussions are political.

Re: Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … by dridowu: 2:29pm On Aug 06, 2014
@colossus2, not all poster are what replying, just ignore them.
Anyway thanks to FG that gives us 2-3hrs of power supply per day @ least they did not leave us in dark.
Re: Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … by Curlieweed: 2:34pm On Aug 06, 2014
1wolex85:
Seriously? Do u know what a disco is? Can you distribute what is not generated? Grow up, not all discussions are political.

Do you know how much RVSG has spent since 1999 developing power generating assets? Comment on stuff you actually understand.

Re: Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … by joseph1832(m): 2:51pm On Aug 06, 2014
I believe it's high time Nigerians know the difference between 'I will build a bridge' and 'I built this bridge'.

Re: Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … by obayaya(m): 3:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
funny country indeed.

Port Harcourt light situation is really pathetic considering that rivers state has power plants with installed capacity that can power the whole of rivers state and maybe bayelsa state.

But the truth is that none of those power plants are working up to 50% of their installed capacity. And the transmission network is really pathetic.

I think that's basically what this OP is trying to say. We have enough installed capacity to hit 10000 MW but gas supply infrastructure and transmission network is the problem.

Here is a list of the power plants in the country and their installed capacity.
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_power_stations_in_Nigeria

But it beats my imagination why and how the government will build a power plant without making provision for gas supply and power evacuation.

And with this privatization, it will take the new companies some time to make these arrangements.

Re: Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … by otokx(m): 4:31pm On Aug 06, 2014
funny country indeed.

Leave those liars and sycophants.

Re: Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … by colossus2: 4:45pm On Aug 06, 2014
dridowu: @colossus2, not all poster are what replying, just ignore them.
Anyway thanks to FG that gives us 2-3hrs of power supply per day @ least they did not leave us in dark.
Aiit....lol @ your power supply time-table
Re: Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … by atlwireles: 5:00pm On Aug 06, 2014
Curlieweed:

Do you know how much RVSG has spent since 1999 developing power generating assets? Comment on stuff you actually understand.

That is the problem, with people on this forum. Odilli spent 8 years building what he called power plant, Amaechi has taken over and we were told he finished the project. Why are these plants not working? Is the central government still the problem? Abi, rivers state lacks gas too? Power is great in my part of delta, I know is not the same across the country, but rivers should not be in the same position as states crying about bad power.
Re: Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … by kel4soft: 5:13pm On Aug 06, 2014
atlwireles:

That is the problem, with people on this forum. Odilli spent 8 years building what he called power plant, Amaechi has taken over and we were told he finished the project. Why are these plants not working? Is the central government still the problem? Abi, rivers state lacks gas too? Power is great in my part of delta, I know is not the same across the country, but rivers should not be in the same position as states crying about bad power.

Odili only succeeded in building less than 139mW of gas turbine which he didn't even finished. Amaechi completed it and added more than 400mW and is currently building 150mW at Afam. Amaechi won't join issues with the lies that he Odili has been spreading because of the mutual respect he has for him. That said, Rivers currently contribute 1/4th to the entire power generation of the country (cos they were sent to the national grid). PH poor power supply should be explained by the DISCO incharge or NERC as the case may be cos the state government has fulfilled their own quarter. Why not let the states distributes to their capacity instead of selling to their cronies. The amount of power Rivers State govt generates can sufficiently serve her and may be Abia State. Enough said.

Re: Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … by atlwireles: 5:39pm On Aug 06, 2014
kel4soft:

Odili only succeeded in building less than 139mW of gas turbine which he didn't even finished. Amaechi completed it and added more than 400mW and is currently building 150mW at Afam. Amaechi won't join issues with the lies that he Odili has been spreading because of the mutual respect he has for him. That said, Rivers currently contribute 1/4th to the entire power generation of the country (cos they were sent to the national grid). PH poor power supply should be explained by the DISCO incharge or NERC as the case may be cos the state government has fulfilled their own quarter. Why not let the states distributes to their capacity instead of selling to their cronies. The amount of power Rivers State govt generates can sufficiently serve her and may be Abia State. Enough said.

Who owns the PH disco?
Re: Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … by kel4soft: 6:30pm On Aug 06, 2014
atlwireles:

Who owns the PH disco?

FG owns them, that was why it was sold. The power capacity they own is quite different from the gas turbines built in Omuku, Trans Amadi and now Afam.
Re: Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … by fyneguy: 6:36pm On Aug 06, 2014
Curlieweed:

Get off your weed.

Don't rub ur ignorance on us.

Rivers state generates electricity which the Transmission company of Nigeria (Transcon) has refused to evacuate because OGA AT THE TOP said so!. The Disco does not belong to Rivers state. Besides, the disco can only distribute whatever TRANSCON passes to it.
Re: Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … by atlwireles: 6:43pm On Aug 06, 2014
kel4soft:

FG owns them, that was why it was sold. The power capacity they own is quite different from the gas turbines built in Omuku, Trans Amadi and now Afam.

Who owns PH disco today?
Re: Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … by Curlieweed: 7:57pm On Aug 06, 2014
fyneguy:

Get off your weed.

Don't rub ur ignorance on us.

Rivers state generates electricity which the Transmission company of Nigeria (Transcon) has refused to evacuate because OGA AT THE TOP said so!. The Disco does not belong to Rivers state. Besides, the disco can only distribute whatever TRANSCON passes to it.

Listen to yourself, "Rivers state generates electricity which the Transmission company of Nigeria (Transcon) has refused to evacuate because..". And you actually believe this in a situation where generating capacity is limited?

Your knowledge of the situation is confirmed by your next assertion, "The Disco does not belong to Rivers state." Who is the Chairman of the PH Disco? Get your facts right before you confuse the gullible.
Re: Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … by kel4soft: 8:49pm On Aug 06, 2014
atlwireles:

Who owns PH disco today?

The companies that bought it. Conglomeration of more than 3 companies with Rivers, Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom having some shares. For convenience they are called PHED for distribution cos the Federal still controls that.
Re: Serial Liars: 8,000 MW Electricity Capacity Now Available — Presidency … by kel4soft: 8:53pm On Aug 06, 2014
Curlieweed:

Listen to yourself, "Rivers state generates electricity which the Transmission company of Nigeria (Transcon) has refused to evacuate because..". And you actually believe this in a situation where generating capacity is limited?

Your knowledge of the situation is confirmed by your next assertion, "The Disco does not belong to Rivers state." Who is the Chairman of the PH Disco? Get your facts right before you confuse the gullible.

Hon. Austin Nwokocha, commissioner of power, R/S

PDP Has Accepted Osun Election-olisah Metuh / Ebola: Cameroun Closes Border With Nigeria / Can Someone Give Me One Honest Reason Why APC Is Better Than PDP?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64