Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,360 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Awful! Male Police Strips-search Female Football Fans In Russia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Awful! Male Police Strips-search Female Football Fans In Russia (2040 Views)

Iran In Trouble For Fielding Men In A Female football Competition(photo) / Azizat Oshoala The New Face Of Nigerian Female Football. / Nigerian Fans Meeting Ethiopian Fans In Addis Ababa Before The Match (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awful! Male Police Strips-search Female Football Fans In Russia by dafe303: 11:33am On Aug 06, 2014
There is outrage in Russia after female football supporters were strip-searched by male police officers before a game in the city of Kazan, which is supposed to be the 2018 World Cup host city.
One fan Ekaterina Stepanove wrote a blog post about the "humiliation" suffered by her and fellow visiting female fans from Spartak Moscow before their match with local side Rubin Kazan.

According to Stephanova, "girls were forced to strip, including the removal of their underwear." Police officers told her that the search were necessary as she could have a bomb on her but she refused to be searched in such manner.
While narrating her experience she said:

"I was told to strip after already scanning my ticket into the ground, but after refusing, I was then searched in the usual way with dirty gloves over my t-shirt and gloves. At the next security point, I was again told that I had not been properly searched, but I refused to be searched any further and eventually got into the stadium. I saw other girls being undressed completely, including underwear."
"I encourage all the girls who were forced to UnCloth, violating their constitutional rights by offending their honor and dignity, to apply to the official fan club of Spartak and Moscow for legal aid. The more statement from us, the more likely it is the police will treat us with respect. Do not stay away. This applies to all."

While the secretary of the Russian League Alexander Meitin confirmed that the league and Spartak have both complained over the rough treatment the female fans received, the president of the Republic of Tararstan, Rustam Minnikhanov doesn't see anything wrong with the act.
And has told the fans that they should expect similar treatment in the future.
Minnikhanov said: "All actions taken by the police were tough but absolutely legal. And the next time this situation arises, the Tararstan police will do the same thing."

http://dayosports..com/2014/08/wtf-male-police-strips-search-female.html
Re: Awful! Male Police Strips-search Female Football Fans In Russia by 3coins(m): 11:35am On Aug 06, 2014
pics pls
Re: Awful! Male Police Strips-search Female Football Fans In Russia by echobee(f): 12:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
Pics or i dont believe it angry
Re: Awful! Male Police Strips-search Female Football Fans In Russia by laramarry: 9:50am On Oct 22, 2020
Re: Awful! Male Police Strips-search Female Football Fans In Russia by paulolee(m): 10:52am On Oct 22, 2020
tooo bad but the worst is dt u no put pics wey I bin come see
Re: Awful! Male Police Strips-search Female Football Fans In Russia by tylorgreen: 7:41am On Nov 28, 2020

(1) (Reply)

University Proffessor Wins 58million Naira In 1960bet / Win 100,000 Naira Every Week From Winners Golden Bet Without Putting Your Money / Week 25: 2015/2016 Pools Extravaganza!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.