Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One (2820 Views)

Tecno Boom J8 Review: A N41,000 Phone That Crushes Its Rivals / Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. / Perfect Guide In Buying Android Phone That Will Best Suit You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by jerricho(m): 2:46pm On Aug 06, 2014
Working (round the clock) on manufacturing a supercomputer Android device.

The new next-gen handheld videogame Android phone will rival the PS4 and the Xbox One.

When it comes to the tech inside, the monster machine will have a Semi-Custom AMD APU, combining an 8-core Jaguar CPU and a Radeon 7000 Series GPU. Now what this means is that this tech from hell will be a kickass multitasker.

It's going to be clocked at 1.95GHz.

The GPU, or graphics processing unit, will be slightly large, using a Radeon HD 7870. That means it will have a lot more graphics power available.

When it comes to memory, this Megatron will have 8GB of RAM, and an internal memory of 128GB. Talk about a crazy bandwidth advantage over everything.

Now on paper, this game god is beefy, and will output high resolution and smooth frame rates for the lighting, smoke, textures, etcetera.

Additionally, this super droid of mine will be pretty universal, letting you use any USB headset, and also will have that extra HDMI IN.

Overall, this dragon device will be certainly cutting-edge with looks, graphics, and price.
Re: An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by Bawss1(m): 7:09pm On Aug 06, 2014
And yet it will only play games that even the puny Ouya can handle right?

2 Likes

Re: An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by laivwire(m): 8:30pm On Aug 06, 2014
Talk, they say..is very cheap
Re: An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by jerricho(m): 9:48pm On Aug 06, 2014
Bawss1: And yet it will only play games that even the puny Ouya can handle right?

Wrong.
Re: An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by jerricho(m): 9:49pm On Aug 06, 2014
laivwire: Talk, they say..is very cheap

Nothing is impossible.
Re: An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by ITbomb(m): 1:25am On Aug 07, 2014
And the battery will last for just an hour

1 Like

Re: An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by swaystunna(m): 8:42am On Aug 07, 2014
If u need gaming..go get a console.that's what they made for

3 Likes

Re: An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by jerricho(m): 9:27am On Aug 07, 2014
ITbomb: And the battery will last for just an hour

It might interest you to know that I've thrown in a 4100mAh battery to power the device.
Re: An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by jerricho(m): 9:33am On Aug 07, 2014
swaystunna: If u need gaming..go get a console.that's what they made for

The Megatron is one innovation that will revolutionize the gaming world.
Re: An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by Leobreezy(m): 10:57am On Aug 07, 2014
Guys why don't you at least encourage op for his idea, your attitude is the main reason Nigeria lacks quality inventors. @op your idea sounds really good, I think what others are sceptical about is the eventual cost of the device considering all the awesome features it's packed with. Nevertheless it's a pretty good idea, you have to make sure it meets up to standard though to have strong competing ground with other devices and consoles.

2 Likes

Re: An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by graciousolo(m): 11:21am On Aug 07, 2014
@Op sounds nice. Can't wait. Hope you gimme one sha. Keep it up God is your strenght.

1 Like

Re: An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 07, 2014

And pair it with some 42" HD LCD TV.

PLUS a comfy chair. Then knock yourself out...

I personally don't do handheld consoles.
Re: An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by swaystunna(m): 3:52pm On Aug 07, 2014
2ndOGA:

And pair it with some 42" HD LCD TV.

PLUS a comfy chair. Then knock yourself out...

I personally don't do handheld consoles.
.. Thank u,if kratos screams "I am the god of war" It comes out perfect !!

1 Like

Re: An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by chemmerfrank(m): 4:28pm On Aug 07, 2014
jerricho: Working (round the clock) on manufacturing a supercomputer Android device.

The new next-gen handheld videogame Android phone will rival the PS4 and the Xbox One.

When it comes to the tech inside, the monster machine will have a Semi-Custom AMD APU, combining an 8-core Jaguar CPU and a Radeon 7000 Series GPU. Now what this means is that this tech from hell will be a kickass multitasker.

The GPU, or graphics processing unit, will be slightly large, using a Radeon HD 7870. That means it will have a lot more graphics power available.

When it comes to memory, this Megatron will have 8GB of RAM, and an internal memory of 128GB. Talk about a crazy bandwidth advantage over everything.

Now on paper, this game god is beefy, and will output high resolution and smooth frame rates for the lighting, smoke, textures, etcetera.

Additionally, this super droid of mine will be pretty universal, letting you use any USB headset, and also will have that extra HDMI IN.

Overall, this dragon device will be certainly cutting-edge with looks, graphics, and price.
oga abeg where u see dis one?? and d handheld games wud improve also...u cant compare gamin on a device made for gamin and gaming on a phone...never

1 Like

Re: An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by Collinz2(m): 5:44pm On Aug 07, 2014
How can u compare android phone that play game with a ps4 or xbox gaming console. U are obviously sick.
Re: An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by texazzpete(m): 6:24pm On Aug 07, 2014
jerricho: Working (round the clock) on manufacturing a supercomputer Android device.

This is why you shouldn't drink and smoke weed before coming to post on nairaland. Of course it doesn't help that you're always terribly ignorant.

You should get a ban for trolling here.

1 Like

Re: An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by texazzpete(m): 6:28pm On Aug 07, 2014
Leobreezy: Guys why don't you at least encourage op for his idea, your attitude is the main reason Nigeria lacks quality inventors. @op your idea sounds really good, I think what others are sceptical about is the eventual cost of the device considering all the awesome features it's packed with. Nevertheless it's a pretty good idea, you have to make sure it meets up to standard though to have strong competing ground with other devices and consoles.

No, you ignorant dolt, people aren't convinced the OP is on crack because of the cost. People who have brains know you cannot have a mobile phone with a laptop class processor and a desktop GPU, unless your definition of 'mobile phone' stretches to holding up a full desktop to your ears.

Either you know nothing about tech or you're the one who sold the OP the crack he took before posting here.

2 Likes

Re: An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by Leobreezy(m): 7:42pm On Aug 07, 2014
texazzpete:

No, you ignorant dolt, people aren't convinced the OP is on crack because of the cost. People who have brains know you cannot have a mobile phone with a laptop class processor and a desktop GPU, unless your definition of 'mobile phone' stretches to holding up a full desktop to your ears.

Either you know nothing about tech or you're the one who sold the OP the crack he took before posting here.
I make a simple comment and the next thing you feel obliged to do is to insult me. No hard feelings but I think you're ignorant of what it means to be civil. And I do know a lot about technology, enough to know that 20 years ago nobody would've thought it possible to use a phone without a keypad which you ignorantly use now or drive a car powered by batteries and solar technology. Science and technology is all about doing what people say is impossible, so if you tell me using a device op has described is impossible trust me you'll be scrambling to buy one soon. So before you come here displaying your ignorance you should sit down and think whether you're repeating the same words someone said about an idea he thought wasn't possible but became reality.

4 Likes

Re: An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by waizik(m): 8:35pm On Aug 07, 2014
how much guy [color=#006600][/color]
Re: An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by waizik(m): 8:35pm On Aug 07, 2014
pls d price guyz and were will we get it
Re: An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by texazzpete(m): 8:46pm On Aug 07, 2014
waizik: pls d price guyz and were will we get it

You cannot be serious
Re: An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 07, 2014
Fellow didn't even target the PSP. The PS4 and Xbox don't qualify as Handheld gaming platforms to start with so no point.
Re: An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by texazzpete(m): 9:24pm On Aug 07, 2014
Leobreezy: I make a simple comment and the next thing you feel obliged to do is to insult me. No hard feelings but I think you're ignorant of what it means to be civil. And I do know a lot about technology, enough to know that 20 years ago nobody would've thought it possible to use a phone without a keypad which you ignorantly use now or drive a car powered by batteries and solar technology.

No, you made a very very brainless comment.
Spare me this deranged story about '20 years ago bla bla bla' and learn how to read. The OP specifically says he'll fit a 7850HD in a mobile phone, as well as an AMD APU SoC that requires active cooling. Have you ever seen a 7850HD before? It's a desktop GPU, it's bigger than any mobile Phone on sale right now. It requires active cooling!

Leobreezy: Science and technology is all about doing what people say is impossible, so if you tell me using a device op has described is impossible trust me you'll be scrambling to buy one soon.

NVIDIA just released their K1 chipset for mobile phones and tablets that just finally can churn out graphics that are nearly on the same level as the Xbox 360. The Xbox 360 came out in 2005! The new consoles just came out 8 months ago, and are up to 8x more powerful than the previous generation. It will take YEARS before mobile phones can push out graphics near the next-gen consoles. You've got to be on crack to think this will become a reality 'soon'.

Leobreezy: So before you come here displaying your ignorance you should sit down and think whether you're repeating the same words someone said about an idea he thought wasn't possible but became reality.

Your problem is that you clearly have issues comprehending written English.
It's not possible for any mobile chipset to churn out PS4 quality visuals in the near or mid term. It's also incredibly dense to imagine a desktop CPU and a desktop GPU in any mobile phone. That's equivalent to claiming that one day phones will have full size Blu-Ray drives built into them. Balderdash!

3 Likes

Re: An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by vower(m): 9:44pm On Aug 07, 2014
Guy so u don't believe that those chips that requires active cooling can be turned into micro or nano chips In the futur? shocked :Pw

1 Like

Re: An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by Leobreezy(m): 11:45pm On Aug 07, 2014
SMH
Re: An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by Leobreezy(m): 11:47pm On Aug 07, 2014
texazzpete:

No, you made a very very brainless comment.
Spare me this deranged story about '20 years ago bla bla bla' and learn how to read. The OP specifically says he'll fit a 7850HD in a mobile phone, as well as an AMD APU SoC that requires active cooling. Have you ever seen a 7850HD before? It's a desktop GPU, it's bigger than any mobile Phone on sale right now. It requires active cooling!

NVIDIA just released their K1 chipset for mobile phones and tablets that just finally can churn out graphics that are nearly on the same level as the Xbox 360. The Xbox 360 came out in 2005! The new consoles just came out 8 months ago, and are up to 8x more powerful than the previous generation. It will take YEARS before mobile phones can push out graphics near the next-gen consoles. You've got to be on crack to think this will become a reality 'soon'.

Your problem is that you clearly have issues comprehending written English.
It's not possible for any mobile chipset to churn out PS4 quality visuals in the near or mid term. It's also incredibly dense to imagine a desktop CPU and a desktop GPU in any mobile phone. That's equivalent to claiming that one day phones will have full size Blu-Ray drives built into them. Balderdash!
Honestly, I'd be disappointed if you're above 16 years. It's really immature to insult people just because you're opposed to their line of thought. You seem to forget one fact, nothing is impossible as long as you have the mind and determination to achieve it. You should read more about famous inventions and their inventors. Most devices you see today were thought of and made years ago and officially released having undergone lots of testing. Someone apart from the op may already be working on a device with such specifications. Just because you don't know how to make such an idea possible doesn't mean you should dismiss it as impossible, that's ignorance. Stop limiting your understanding to what is now but what could be, that's how inventors think. I advice you watch more science documentaries then probably you'd understand.
And I see you have a social disorder. Insulting people online just to get cheap likes is really immature and cowardly, you wouldn't say such words to me if we spoke face to face, no threats made. So friend, grow up 😊

2 Likes

Re: An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by dasdexter(m): 11:49pm On Aug 07, 2014
dude u're innovative no doubt, but ur innovation is pure imagination/child's play, y will u need a 7870 on a phone not even on a netbook, but a droid, just to play what, modern combat, or d highest grafix intensive game on mobile, an amd apu dat almost on par with p4 & xbone, did u know d amount of heat dat ish will dissipate, 8gb of ram(4get abt sammy & co & dia usual way of toppin up specs, dats jst marketing gimmicks, making u pay 4 what u don't nid), at worst dey can streamdown dose specs u mentn to a mobile equivalent, which will not even be upto 50% of d desktop specs, & whats d point buying a phone dat try's to rival a midrange gaming laptop, instead of buying d laptop itself, & getting a good droid to go with it, if such a phone comes out, it will b a great loss 4 d company producing it.

1 Like

Re: An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 07, 2014
seconded.....
Re: An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 08, 2014
Leobreezy: Guys why don't you at least encourage op for his idea, your attitude is the main reason Nigeria lacks quality inventors. @op your idea sounds really good, I think what others are sceptical about. is the eventual cost of the device considering all the awesome features it's packed with. Nevertheless it's a pretty good idea, you have to make sure it meets up to standard though to have strong competing ground with other devices and consoles.
cost ? how expensive is it going to be ? 350k ? gaming heads would still buy it

BTW the phone is really useless, I prefer getting a game console .......No offence to the op,I must confess it's a stupid Idea
Re: An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by Leobreezy(m): 12:08am On Aug 08, 2014
A game console at the moment is unarguably better in providing the needed gaming experience compared to a smartphone but all that could change within a few years.
http://m.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/can-smartphones-be-as-good-for-gaming-as-consoles--1189727
Re: An Android Phone That Rivals the PS4 and the Xbox One by Collinz2(m): 6:38am On Aug 08, 2014
If u think ps4 and xbox are too big and u want 2 invent phone that wil compete with them, why na buy psp or ps vita. Perhaps how much will it cost if they use 8gig or ram and a good chipset? When 3gig of ram phone is 100k

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Exact Look Of The Infinix Zero 4 And Tecno Boom J8 / Meet The Samsung Galaxy A30s And A50s / I Need Advice On The Phone To Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.