Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,844 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws (2114 Views)

2019: Tension In PDP Over Moves To Violate Zoning-daily Trust / PDP Hails INEC Over Elections Postponement, Urges Supporters To Remain Calm / Osun 2014: Why Omisore May Emerge Victorious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by activatenigeria: 11:23am On Aug 07, 2014
Ahead of the August 9th governorship election in Osun State, an INEC stakeholders’ meeting was held in Osogbo, yesterday (6th August 2017).

Despite the warning of the Acting Inspector General of Police, Mr. Suleiman Abba urging trouble makers to stay clear or face the full wrath of the Law and the INEC chairman’s call to voters not to take photograph of the ballot papers after thumb printing on it, warning that such act was illegal.

Governor Rauf Aregbesola called on his supporters to use their camera phones to take pictures of their ballot papers before casting their votes.

The Director General of the Aregbesola Campaign Organisation, Senator Sola Adeyeye, also said “For me, I will take a photograph of the ballot paper while casting my vote. It does not violate the secrecy of the ballot. I will like to show it to my grandchildren to see how I voted on the candidate. Voted for,”

This clearly violates the Electoral Act according to Section 125(1,2,3)

Fellow Nigerians what do you make of this?

2 Likes

Re: Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by Danhumprey: 11:35am On Aug 07, 2014
A situation where the leaders feel they are above the law,calls for worry.

2 Likes

Re: Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by Punchie: 11:37am On Aug 07, 2014
It is do or die for the APC... I wonder what our lives will be like if they hold the power at the center?

1 Like

Re: Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by Plus10(m): 11:39am On Aug 07, 2014
Like leader like followers...so I'm not surprise!

1 Like

Re: Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by Zionope: 12:00pm On Aug 07, 2014
No be since tuesday Aregbe don talk am?(Because him know say nah rig u wan rig) B4 Jega come talk yesterday(wednesday) say make dem no snap am.

4 Likes

Re: Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by smartz53: 12:19pm On Aug 07, 2014
Zionope: No be since tuesday Aregbe don talk am?(Because him know say nah rig u wan rig) B4 Jega come talk yesterday(wednesday) say make dem no snap am.
. Na Rig PDP wan rig. What can u say abt the ballot papers found in d house of APC thieftains in Osogbo yesterday? What can u say abt that? Abi dem carry am put for dem ouse?

2 Likes

Re: Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by iREPGEJ2015: 12:23pm On Aug 07, 2014
APC is at it again, first the Governor wrote to DSS asking for deployment of more security Operatives during the election, on arrival of the security Operative APC complained about militarization of election, now they are urging supporters to go against the electoral Laws, FYI violators are liable on conviction to 6months imprisonment........SO be wise.

8 Likes

Re: Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 07, 2014
smartz53: . Na Rig PDP wan rig. What can u say abt the ballot papers found in d house of APC thieftains in Osogbo yesterday? What can u say abt that? Abi dem carry am put for dem ouse?

Mumu! Where is ur source. Go and brainwash your fellow PDP with ur falacy..... Ase!
Re: Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by Demdem(m): 12:39pm On Aug 07, 2014
Who is inec to declare such safe acts illegal. Are they the courts?
If anyone is aggrieved, let such go to the law court.
Re: Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by kel4soft: 12:50pm On Aug 07, 2014
If the election will be free and fair, whats the toss about snapping the ballot paper? Thats said, where in the electoral act is the militarization of an election?

1 Like

Re: Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by iREPGEJ2015: 1:49pm On Aug 07, 2014
kel4soft: If the election will be free and fair, whats the toss about snapping the ballot paper? Thats said, where in the electoral act is the militarization of an election?

What do you mean by militarization of election? Rauf wrote to DSS, inviting them ahead of August 9th, the only people scared of the security operatives would be those that have plans to either rig the election or cause mayhem like Senator Adeyeye and co, voters with clear minds have no reason to the scared of anything, since when did too much security become a problem?

4 Likes

Re: Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by kel4soft: 2:17pm On Aug 07, 2014
iREPGEJ2015:

What do you mean by militarization of election? Rauf wrote to DSS, inviting them ahead of August 9th, the only people scared of the security operatives would be those that have plans to either rig the election or cause mayhem like Senator Adeyeye and co, voters with clear minds have no reason to the scared of anything, since when did too much security become a problem?
Like I said, PDP controls the Police and the minister of defence is also a politician.

These are there separate statements on the election:

dailypost.ng/2014/08/06/osun-2014-apc-jittery-impending-defeat-police-minister/

www.punchng.com/politics/pdpll-kick-aregbesola-out-of-osun-obanikoro/

The above are links to the statement of both the minister of Police affairs and Defence. This is the more reason why the security wont be neutral.

1 Like

Re: Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by iREPGEJ2015: 2:51pm On Aug 07, 2014
kel4soft:
Like I said, PDP controls the Police and the minister of defence is also a politician.

These are there separate statements on the election:

dailypost.ng/2014/08/06/osun-2014-apc-jittery-impending-defeat-police-minister/

www.punchng.com/politics/pdpll-kick-aregbesola-out-of-osun-obanikoro/

The above are links to the statement of both the minister of Police affairs and Defence. This is the more reason why the security wont be neutral.

It doesn't change any thing, let me ask you if you are in Osun State on Saturday as an Electorate would the presence of the military in any way prevent you from exercising your franchise right? how would you as a genuine voter be intimidated by the the Military or the security operatives? before now election day in Nigeria is synonymous with rigging,snatching of ballot boxes, confrontation and most-times shooting, with DSS personnel on ground all of these cannot happen, don't you think they should be applauded?

4 Likes

Re: Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by kel4soft: 3:38pm On Aug 07, 2014
iREPGEJ2015:

It doesn't change any thing, let me ask you if you are in Osun State on Saturday as a Electorate would the presence of the military in any way prevent you from exercising your franchise right? how would you as a genuine voter be intimidated by the the Military or the security operatives? before now election day in Nigeria is synonymous with rigging,snatching of ballot boxes, confrontation and most-times shooting, with DSS personnel on ground all of these cannot not happen, don't you think they should be applauded?

Offcourse they should be applauded if they will be neutral but, when the heads make statement in my last link. There is every room for suspicion. So, I don't see anything wrong if they decide to take a shot of their ballot papers since there is no longer trust.

2 Likes

Re: Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by iREPGEJ2015: 3:43pm On Aug 07, 2014
kel4soft:

Offcourse they should be applauded if they will be neutral but, when the heads make statement in my last link. There is every room for suspicion. So, I don't see anything wrong if they decide to take a shot of their ballot papers since there is no longer trust.

The Electoral Act does not allow any form of interference, its clearly stated in section 125 sub section 1,2,3 of the Act.

3 Likes

Re: Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by hilomdave: 3:48pm On Aug 07, 2014
I don tire oo lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin
Re: Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by EliteYouth: 4:10pm On Aug 07, 2014
APC are at it again...... You don't win election by propaganda or by disobeying clearly spelt out Law, APC is bent at causing all kinds of pre election trouble just to distracted the public.

1 Like

Re: Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by EliteYouth: 4:12pm On Aug 07, 2014
Seriously this post is suppose to make front page.................SEUN or admin what's happening?

1 Like

Re: Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by agitator: 4:46pm On Aug 07, 2014
make i read undecided undecided undecided

iREPGEJ2015:
supporter of APC style grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by tit(f): 4:50pm On Aug 07, 2014
Do not violate electoral laws!
Aregbesola will not save you from soldiers if they catch you.
He will be Lagos dancing skelewu with Tinubu and Obasanjo.
Osun, vote wisely!

3 Likes

Re: Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by Descartes: 4:50pm On Aug 07, 2014
Let it not be true o!!! angry
Re: Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by UltimateJoseph: 4:50pm On Aug 07, 2014
Demdem: Who is inec to declare such safe acts illegal. Are they the courts?
If anyone is aggrieved, let such go to the law court.

If your first sentence is a question; then INEC is the body that is responsible for drafting of modalities for the election. Every candidate and electorate must abide by its acts and laws. where some matters are silent, then the court of law can come in.
Please try and control your aggression, it can becloud your sense of reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by tit(f): 5:32pm On Aug 07, 2014
Some people sef?
Our electoral process involves the secret ballot!

Asking people to photograph their ballots is the same way Tinubu refused to give people market allocation except they register with APC.

2 Likes

Re: Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by Demdem(m): 5:36pm On Aug 07, 2014
UltimateJoseph:

If your first sentence is a question; then INEC is the body that is responsible for drafting of modalities for the election. Every candidate and electorate must abide by its acts and laws. where some matters are silent, then the court of law can come in.
Please try and control your aggression, it can becloud your sense of reasoning.

Just three things.
1) which specific part of the electoral law is being breached if I decide to take a picture of my ballot paper?
2) because the inec chairman makes a proclamation as regards electoral matters, does it make it law?
3) In the last gene elections, inec advised voters to leave the vicinity of the polling units after voting but the people chose to wait till the end of counting because such statements from inec was illegal.
This isn't aggression but common sense. No electoral law supercedes the constitution of the land. Pending when I see the specific section from this act, i think the inec official proclamation should be ignored.
Re: Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by Demdem(m): 5:38pm On Aug 07, 2014
tit: Some people sef?
Our electoral process involves the secret ballot!

Asking people to photograph their ballots is the same way Tinubu refused to give people market allocation except they register with APC.

It's a choice. I can choose to do it but shouldn't expect all to.
By the way, do u Av access to this electoral law in question? What does it say..... Word for word?
Re: Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by kel4soft: 6:33pm On Aug 07, 2014
iREPGEJ2015:

The Electoral Act does not allow any form of interference, its clearly stated in section 125 sub section 1,2,3 of the Act.

Where does the electoral act allows militarization? Is policing not enough?
Re: Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by activatenigeria: 6:42pm On Aug 07, 2014
tit: Do not violate electoral laws!
[/b]He will be Lagos dancing skelewu with Tinubu and Obasanjo.
Osun, vote wisely!

Let me help you re-echo it?

[b]
tit: Do not violate electoral laws!

1 Like

Re: Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by readone1(m): 7:11pm On Aug 07, 2014
[/color]
activatenigeria: Ahead of the August 9th governorship election in Osun State, an INEC stakeholders’ meeting was held in Osogbo, yesterday (6th August 2017).

Despite the warning of the Acting Inspector General of Police, Mr. Suleiman Abba urging trouble makers to stay clear or face the full wrath of the Law and the INEC chairman’s call to voters not to take photograph of the ballot papers after thumb printing on it, warning that such act was illegal.

Governor Rauf Aregbesola called on his supporters to use their camera phones to take pictures of their ballot papers before casting their votes.

The Director General of the Aregbesola Campaign Organisation, Senator Sola Adeyeye, also said “For me, I will take a photograph of the ballot paper while casting my vote. It does not violate the secrecy of the ballot. I will like to show it to my grandchildren to see how I voted on the candidate. Voted for,”

[color=#000099]
activatenigeria: Ahead of the August 9th governorship election in Osun State, an INEC stakeholders’ meeting was held in Osogbo, yesterday (6th August 2017).

INEC says. don't take picture of ballot paper after after not before you cast your vote
Aregbesola says take picture of your ballot. paper
[color=#006600]

INEC says. don't take picture of ballot paper after after not before you cast your vote
Aregbesola says take picture of your ballot. paper
[/color][/color]

[color=#000099]

Aregbesola says take picture of your ballot. paper before you cast your vote to determine fake ballot paper . its two different statements
Re: Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by activatenigeria: 7:11pm On Aug 07, 2014
Demdem:

Just three things.
1) which specific part of the electoral law is being breached if I decide to take a picture of my ballot paper?
2) because the inec chairman makes a proclamation as regards electoral matters, does it make it law?
3) In the last gene elections, inec advised voters to leave the vicinity of the polling units after voting but the people chose to wait till the end of counting because such statements from inec was illegal.
This isn't aggression but common sense. No electoral law supercedes the constitution of the land. Pending when I see the specific section from this act, i think the inec official proclamation should be ignored.

Section 125, sub section 3 (a&b) of the 2010 Electoral Act as amended

No Person shall –
(a) interfere with a voter casting his vote, or by any other means obtain or attempt to obtain in a polling unit information as to the candidate for whom a voter in that place is about to vote for or has voted for; or
(b) communicate at any time to any other person information obtained in a polling unit as to the candidate to whom a voter is about to vote or has voted for.

3 Likes

Re: Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by EliteYouth: 7:19pm On Aug 07, 2014
I hope all Osun people will be smart and act wisely, break the law and pay the price, mind you Aregboshola would come to your rescue.

1 Like

Re: Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws by OtunbaJega: 7:53pm On Aug 07, 2014
Demdem:

It's a choice. I can choose to do it but shouldn't expect all to.
By the way, do u Av access to this electoral law in question? What does it say..... Word for word?

last warning: don't comment on useless thread again...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine / The Constitution Differentiates Between Stealing And Corruption / If Buhari Makes N1 Equal To $1,i'll Ride My Bike From Abuja To China-charly Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.