Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices (3797 Views)

7 Ways To Reduce Data Consumption On Android. / Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions / Easy Way To Root Almost All Android Devices With Framaroot | Come In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by LILGWANZ(m): 8:06pm On Aug 07, 2014
Goodday my fellow nairalanders, I just figured out a way a to reduce data exhaustion on android(which most people already knows) but for those who don't know this particular method, you have to download.........I will be back shortly
Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by LILGWANZ(m): 8:13pm On Aug 07, 2014
guys please show your interest tnx
Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 07, 2014
If u wan write am u do..if not keep am 2 urself.

8 Likes

Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by Edunwa302(m): 9:04pm On Aug 07, 2014
First step...reduce ur browsing habit
Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by danthamccoy(m): 10:51pm On Aug 07, 2014
LOL what is this?
Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by LILGWANZ(m): 11:09pm On Aug 07, 2014
Edunwa302: First step...reduce ur browsing habit
lol dats impossible

2 Likes

Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by LILGWANZ(m): 11:14pm On Aug 07, 2014
ok guys am back, what you have to do is download operamax and activate it then u mark d apps which you don't want to have access to your data ands dats all.It's kinda like a van app also and whenever I browse only my Mb don't depreciate unless of course you download with it.............guys you can also drop your suggestions too and replies
Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by ITbomb(m): 11:50pm On Aug 07, 2014
Opera Max uses a Virtual Private Network which drains your battery

1 Like

Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by chemmerfrank(m): 12:04am On Aug 08, 2014
ITbomb: Opera Max uses a Virtual Private Network which drains your battery
not rily...dosent drain mine...dou i dnt use it cus i wasnt sure it worked
Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by Shamoo100(m): 12:05am On Aug 08, 2014
You can also try using LBESM security..it has alot of advantages u can restrict your apps to only those that will use data and others wifi....you can also block ads..(in the case of some apps) it also clears your ram..making ur phone fully optimized.. its a great security app far better than avast and co

1 Like

Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by AwesomeRomeo: 12:21am On Aug 08, 2014
Driodwall works perfectly than opera max. opera max suck bat3 like new born baby sucking breast and it also uses MB.

1 Like

Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by shadowwalker101: 1:56am On Aug 08, 2014
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
good move I will try it
Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by beinstein(m): 9:41am On Aug 08, 2014
AwesomeRomeo: Driodwall works perfectly than opera max. opera max suck bat3 like new born baby sucking breast and it also uses MB.
is it for rooted Android phones only? And i am referring to the Droidwall.
Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by LILGWANZ(m): 9:53am On Aug 08, 2014
beinstein:
is it for rooted Android phones only? And i am referring to the Droidwall.
the operamax works for both rotoed and unrooted
Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by LILGWANZ(m): 9:55am On Aug 08, 2014
chemmerfrank: not rily...dosent drain mine...dou i dnt use it cus i wasnt sure it worked
it works,but don't download cos your Mb will drain
Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by LILGWANZ(m): 9:58am On Aug 08, 2014
AwesomeRomeo: Driodwall works perfectly than opera max. opera max suck bat3 like new born baby sucking breast and it also uses MB.
've tried droid wall b4 the thing Is dat driod wall only blocks other apps but operamax does a lot more.Both of dem are Good but I prefer operamax though
Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by beinstein(m): 10:14am On Aug 08, 2014
LILGWANZ: the operamax works for both rotoed and unrooted
and the Droidwall?
Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by LILGWANZ(m): 10:33am On Aug 08, 2014
you need root for droid wall
Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 08, 2014
to reduce Ur data consumption. download no root firewall from play store..

reduced data price..
mtn
affordable mtn data plan

250mb 600
500mb. 1000
750mb 1400
1gb. 1700

etisalat

500mb. 1000
750mb 1400
1gb. 1700

totally legit..
contact me..

7665F0BF
Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by kmaxx(m): 6:15pm On Aug 08, 2014
patmaine: to reduce Ur data consumption. download no root firewall from play store..

reduced data price..
mtn
affordable mtn data plan

250mb 600
500mb. 1000
750mb 1400
1gb. 1700

etisalat

500mb. 1000
750mb 1400
1gb. 1700

totally legit..
contact me..

7665F0BF

too xpensive! Not when I can get it cheaper here on NL. 1GB for 1k. 250MB for 350.
Readjust price n make great sales bro.

1 Like

Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by sniperwolf(m): 6:33pm On Aug 08, 2014
ITbomb: Opera Max uses a Virtual Private Network which drains your battery

opera Max consumes data too

1 Like

Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by LILGWANZ(m): 6:40pm On Aug 08, 2014
sniperwolf:

nope it doesnt
Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by ITbomb(m): 9:09pm On Aug 08, 2014
patmaine: to reduce Ur data consumption. download no root firewall from play store..
Relatively, Opera Max is better than No Root Firewall.
No Root Firewall only block connections while Opera Max block and compress.
Both works on non rooted devices and uses VPN (which I still don't like).
If you are using Opera Mini for browsing you won't see any difference cos the data has already been compressed.
Personally I rooted my device and install Droidwall.
The difference between the VPN based firewall and Droidwall is that Opera Max and No Root Firewall etc requires a connection to an external server to block and route your connections while Droidwall does everything on your phone (imo that is more secure). But I heard Droidwall is no longer supported
Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by kmaxx(m): 11:58pm On Aug 08, 2014
Shamoo100: You can also try using LBESM security..it has alot of advantages u can restrict your apps to only those that will use data and others wifi....you can also block ads..(in the case of some apps) it also clears your ram..making ur phone fully optimized.. its a great security app far better than avast and co

How can I get and install this LBESM security app?
Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by LILGWANZ(m): 7:53am On Aug 09, 2014
ITbomb:
Relatively, Opera Max is better than No Root Firewall.
No Root Firewall only block connections while Opera Max block and compress.
Both works on non rooted devices and uses VPN (which I still don't like).
If you are using Opera Mini for browsing you won't see any difference cos the data has already been compressed.
Personally I rooted my device and install Droidwall.
The difference between the VPN based firewall and Droidwall is that Opera Max and No Root Firewall etc requires a connection to an external server to block and route your connections while Droidwall does everything on your phone (imo that is more secure). But I heard Droidwall is no longer supported
yep you are right the driodwall works well on opera
Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by bastien: 7:56am On Aug 09, 2014
Some people go just dey off data thinking that will help.....smh

I dey on ma data 24/7

And e dey last
Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by Kentnickole(m): 9:00am On Aug 09, 2014
undecided undecided undecided
sniperwolf:

I just tried droidwall... My phone isnt rooted, wat do I do?
sniperwolf:

Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by LILGWANZ(m): 9:31am On Aug 09, 2014
Kentnickole: undecided undecided undecided
just try operamax instead or you root the phone
Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by Kentnickole(m): 9:43am On Aug 09, 2014
LILGWANZ: just try operamax instead or you root the phone
I searchd for opera max on google play store nd it brought out the opera mini that I already hv.... And how do I root my phone please?
Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by ITbomb(m): 9:59am On Aug 09, 2014
Kentnickole:
I searchd for opera max on google play store nd it brought out the opera mini that I already hv.... And how do I root my phone please?
Goto opera.com and get the link from there
Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by Kentnickole(m): 10:21am On Aug 09, 2014
LILGWANZ: just try operamax instead or you root the phone
Whn I clicked the link, this was all I got:
If u check closely on the second screen shot u wl find two options: "OPEN" & "UNINSTAL"
Which means I already hv it on my phone. Wat do u think bro?

Re: How To Reduce Data Exhaustion On Android Devices by sniperwolf(m): 10:30am On Aug 09, 2014
LILGWANZ: nope it doesnt

Take a look at your data consumption, Opera Max is even using data too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Redmi Note 5 (Africa's First User) / How Do I Change My Blackberry Location? / The Android App Everyone Should Have

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.