Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,226 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Is GLOBACOM Really Broke And Distressed? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is GLOBACOM Really Broke And Distressed? (729 Views)

Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall / What Do You Do When You Are Really Broke? / Ghanaian Government Gives Ultimatum To Globacom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is GLOBACOM Really Broke And Distressed? by ceaser: 4:29am On Aug 08, 2014
I fear for my favourite network provider. No surprise that I've had to endlessly battle poor data connection and dropped calls in the past few months.

[b]According to Sources''A circular went round all major South African agencies warning about not doing business with a "Gloww... in Nigeria" because several agencies are being owed by them. This information has been successfully managed and circulating only within the system until the owing culture encroached into the fees of entertainers/actors". First, it was the shocker of cutting down the agreed annual ambassador's fee. Many got as much as N5million taken off their fees and they include Chioma Apotha,Basketmouth,Funke Akindele,Ini Edo and Desmond Elliott. Some are being owed after tours tagged 'S andB' and 'L festival' which held as far back as 8 months ago Some of those being owed are MI,Okey bakassi,Seyilaw,Lynxx,Omobaba,Bash,Wande Coal,Naeto C,Bovi,Frank D Don,All the suppliers for sound,light,DJ JimmyJatt et al''. When Alcatel of France dumped them,they shifted to Hawei,a Chinese company Which explains the Network drop in quality ''Their staff too feels the pinch of low cash flow as the travel allowance is by far the lowest in the the telecommunications industry. A company once Known for its attractive salary package now pays graduates in customer care 80k,slashed from the original N250K that they used to pay.'' Insiders also allege that None of their staff has health insurance and there is No general standard for housing loan or allowance.There is No spouse benefits like airtime for your wife or husband, Something practiced by all other telecommunications outfit in the country. ''A senior Manager gets only N6k credit monthly and any thing else spent after that is deducted from his salary. While many of their staff are exiting daily enmasse, artistes are now getting skeptical about signing on to the brand as ambassadors and those in the know are requesting for upfront payment for shows from now on. Their is "building Africas biggest and best network" right?.Well Ghana is almost dead and there is no plan in sight to go to any other African country years after the claim of building Africa's biggest and best network.. So the question is ...WHAT IS HAPPENING?[/b]
Source http://kemmyokpaka..com/2014/08/is-glo-really-broke-heard-they-got.html?spref=fb

People, is this really true? I can't bear watching another of our own go down. I'm still hurting from HITV's demise.
Re: Is GLOBACOM Really Broke And Distressed? by rali123(f): 8:02am On Aug 08, 2014
I don't know if this rticle is true or not but I have a friend that works for Etisalat and her complain is similar(salary slash and other benefit gone). However all these so called ambassador are part of Glo problem (if any), they have more than 20 well made ambassador, is that the way brands just take up ambassador? The only company that 'I' know is close to having that much is Pepsi. They should cut off all this artist because most of there advert is 1 of the worst any telecommunication can have.

(1) (Reply)

How Newspapers Are Typed And Printed So Fast / Making Crazy Wealth With Real Estate / Do You Manufactures/supplies Boxer Shorts?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.