Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,833 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache (11058 Views)

Calling On All The Farmers In Anambra State. / ONLINE AGRICULTURAL MARKETING; The New Trend In Nigeria / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by FarmTech(m): 1:22am On Aug 14, 2014
jethro2:
The yield per hectare depend on a lot of things which includes but not limited to the variety of seed, the source of seed, the soil type, effective and proper use of fertilizer, seed placement and spacing in the farm etc.
Our local variety yield is between 1 _2 tonnes per hectare with minimal maintenance.
Premier Oba 2 is between 5 - 7 tonnes.
A tonne is 1000kg which is 10 bags of 100kg.
Thank u very much. Just trying to come up with profit calculatn.
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 14, 2014
boluwajokosegun:
If you travel to developed countries you will see dry fruits, vegetable & meats.

For those who want to dry any farm porduce,There is one commercial dryer manufactured in Ibadan it dry cassava chips, fish, moringa, vegetables , fruits & meat by using heat generated from chacoal, not using direct fire from chacoal for drying so it maintain the original colour of the produce that you place in it. call 08136650972 ...Cost is N360k , it drys 5 tons with N200 chacoal
i would love to see the demonstration and inspection of dz overpriced machine u are taking abt.
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by ozikam: 8:25am On Aug 14, 2014
Try and get some answers to ur agric bizness wahala. We can help publicize ur service and products. Visit www.centenaryagricforum.gnbo.com.ng
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 8:26am On Aug 14, 2014
FarmTech:
Thank u very much. Just trying to come up with profit calculatn.
Please calculate with the lowest figure even after all requirement has been met.
There are lot of factors involve before harvest.
How do you input the weather conditions?
Farming takes a lot of faith. Putting a seed in the soil and expecting a stalk of maize takes faith and believe
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by ozikam: 8:37am On Aug 14, 2014
Pls find some agric biznes info here! Www.centenaryagricforum.gnbo.com.ng
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by ozikam: 8:38am On Aug 14, 2014
ozikam: Pls find some agric biznes info here! Www.centenaryagricforum.gnbo.com.ng
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by LONGFELLOW02(m): 10:16am On Aug 14, 2014
Jamexjulius: i live in ilorin.....pls when the time reach for you to harvest it, i will be glad to be ur first customer

No Problem.

Can you tell me hw you buy urs
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by FarmTech(m): 12:03am On Aug 15, 2014
jethro2:
Please calculate with the lowest figure even after all requirement has been met.
There are lot of factors involve before harvest.
How do you input the weather conditions?
Farming takes a lot of faith. Putting a seed in the soil and expecting a stalk of maize takes faith and believe
You're right my brother.
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by Juliana7: 5:57pm On Aug 15, 2014
@ jethro thanks for ur email, very grateful

1 Like

Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 6:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
Juliana7: @ jethro thanks for ur email, very grateful
Glad to be of help. Hope it was useful
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 8:01pm On Aug 16, 2014
The harvesting season is approaching. We need buyers of maize and soya beans in large quantity. Minimum we can supply to your location is 30 Tonnes. Contact adesola_yinka@yahoo.com
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by justme50: 2:16am On Aug 20, 2014
@jethro 2, you are doing a good job here, however I need buyers for palm oil, we can supply in bulk as well, thanks
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by hotmas911(m): 12:59pm On Aug 20, 2014
agonbello: Agriculture is profitable, when ii say profitable, I mean profitable in the real sense of the word.

Agriculture is a business venture, a lucrative one it is. Every business venture has its pros and cons.

Its high time we stop complaining of the problems and challenges we as farmers encounter. We should think outside the box and work towards finding solutions.

Forget that government that can help you solve your problems exist. Come together and put in our own efforts, try solving your problems independently, and you might draw to attention of the government towards helping you.

A solution I can offer to the issue of marketing is as follows:

Agric products are much more valuable when processed (be it semi processing or complete processing) plus processing increases the life span of your produce.

Now processing of farm produce require machinery, and unfortunately the machinery doesn't come cheap. So join hands together, buy processing facilities, process your farm produce together, and sell together to bulk buyers at home or abroad.
May God bless your mind
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 8:32am On Aug 22, 2014
Marketing of the products have always been a source of concerned. Creativity with the marketing is required. There are lot of gaps to be filled in the agri bussiness
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by dav8id(m): 1:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
jethro2: Marketing of the products have always been a source of concerned. Creativity with the marketing is required. There are lot of gaps to be filled in the agri bussiness

One can achieve that easily by employing the service of qualified sourcing agent. We succes in our sesame,ginger and cashew trading by employed the service of sourcing agent and i thing any serious minder agro trader should adopt that system for a greater resuilt.
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 6:52pm On Aug 22, 2014
dav8id:
One can achieve that easily by employing the service of qualified sourcing agent. We succes in our sesame,ginger and cashew trading by employed the service of sourcing agent and i thing any serious minder agro trader should adopt that system for a greater resuilt.
To some extent I don't agree with that. It has always been the issue of " monkey dey work baboon dey chop"
Farmers are really suffering in the hands of the so called agents who milk them dry.
That's their life has never improved over years
An educated farmer who leaves his farm goods in the hand of market agent is signing up for a life of perpetual penury
I will not give that advice to intending farmers who wants to succeed.
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by dav8id(m): 9:28am On Aug 23, 2014
jethro2:
To some extent I don't agree with that. It has always been the issue of " monkey dey work baboon dey chop"
Farmers are really suffering in the hands of the so called agents who milk them dry.
That's their life has never improved over years
An educated farmer who leaves his farm goods in the hand of market agent is signing up for a life of perpetual penury
I will not give that advice to intending farmers who wants to succeed.

Any agro produce market most work with channels if need success in shot time. Am talking not bcuz i read it somewhere but as someone who is fully into the business and also someone who practice such...

My 2cent
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by dav8id(m): 9:31am On Aug 23, 2014
jethro2: Marketing of the products have always been a source of concerned. Creativity with the marketing is required. There are lot of gaps to be filled in the agri bussiness

Now in btw your post ' there are lot of gaps to be filled in the agri business ' pls what are the gaps?
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by dav8id(m): 9:37am On Aug 23, 2014
jethro2: The sellers of Vegetables like Tomato, Ata rodo, Tatase, Sombo usually buys from the popular mile 12 market in Lagos. Most of their location are far from the market.
The women will gladly buy from other source that will reduce the cost of transportation and at a better price.
We need individuals that will get in touch with the Vegetable sellers in their environment.
Lets say you discuss with 50 pepper sellers that each buys 3 small basket of tomatoes.
The total need for the group will be 150 basket.
We will supply the 150 basket to your doorstep on the agreed day
The women each come with their basket pick since they have been informed.
We pay you 10% of the transaction on each basket.
Lets assume a basket is sold for N1000. 10% of 1000 gives 100.
For 150 basket your commission will be 15000
One can start with N100 basket.

We supply as you demand.
Be your own boss.
Lets create job

Be your own boss.

The quoted post said it again. cheesy

We the farmers cnt do it without giveout percentage 4rm our earning grin
In that note i still stand that farmers need agents grin
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:48am On Aug 23, 2014
agonbello: Agriculture is profitable, when ii say profitable, I mean profitable in the real sense of the word.

Agriculture is a business venture, a lucrative one it is. Every business venture has its pros and cons.

Its high time we stop complaining of the problems and challenges we as farmers encounter. We should think outside the box and work towards finding solutions.

Forget that government that can help you solve your problems exist. Come together and put in our own efforts, try solving your problems independently, and you might draw to attention of the government towards helping you.

Agric products are much more valuable when processed (be it semi processing or complete processing) plus processing increases the life span of your produce.

Now processing of farm produce require machinery, and unfortunately the machinery doesn't come cheap. So join hands together, buy processing facilities, process your farm produce together, and sell together to bulk buyers at home or abroad.

You are on point.kindly send your contact to yusuffgbenga@gmail.com for an important discussion.thanks
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:48am On Aug 23, 2014

I must commend your write-up
You are on point.kindly send your contact to yusuffgbenga@gmail.com for an important discussion.thanks
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 9:25pm On Aug 25, 2014
Marketing is very essential for every agricultural products
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by Tennyemman(m): 1:02pm On Aug 26, 2014
If you need palm kernal seed that has been cracked and wash contact me on 07066809583 for cheap price
We also sell palm oil in large scale,quality red oil,am in delta state isoko north
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
jethro2: Marketing is very essential for every agricultural products
rightly said. even for all businesses.
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 11:49pm On Aug 29, 2014
Land will be given free to investors to site a cassava starch processing, cassava chips processing or any plants that will utilize cassava that is annually produced in million tonnes by the farmers in Saki East LGA.
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 11:12pm On Sep 01, 2014
The sellers of Vegetables like Tomato, Ata rodo, Tatase, Sombo usually buys from the popular mile 12 market in Lagos. Most of their location are far from the market.
The women will gladly buy from other source that will reduce the cost of transportation and at a better price.
We need individuals that will get in touch with the Vegetable sellers in their environment.
Lets say you discuss with 50 pepper sellers that each buys 3 small basket of tomatoes.
The total need for the group will be 150 basket.
We will supply the 150 basket to your doorstep on the agreed day
The women each come with their basket pick since they have been informed.
We pay you 10% of the transaction on each basket.
Lets assume a basket is sold for N1000. 10% of 1000 gives 100.
For 150 basket your commission will be 15000
One can start with N100 basket.

We supply as you demand.
Be your own boss.
Lets create job

Be your own boss.
Be an entrepreneur. Join the winning team.
Send mail to adesola_yinka@yahoo.com or call 08064688501
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 11:06pm On Sep 06, 2014
We are all invited to the monthly meeting of entrepreneurs holding on the 13th of September 2014. venue is Block j Plot 9 Bola Ajibola Street opposite Egba Comprehensive High School, Asero Abeokuta Ogun State. Time 10am. For more info call 08064688501
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by fatakeenexport(m): 11:34am On Sep 07, 2014
Is the ginger dried split ginger if yes pls let talk 08076716359 or email fatakeemexport@gmail.com
LONGFELLOW02: Where can i target for marketing of garlic and ginger?

I've it in surplus but no market for it
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by FarmTech(m): 10:48am On Sep 08, 2014
A CALL TO ACTION
Are you in Anambra state and have passion for Agriculture? I need partners, people that are willing to go into low-cost areas in agriculture. Potential animals to raise include goats, grasscutters, fish and rabbits. If you're interested, contact me on Facebook by the name, Ikeme Henry. THANKS.
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 7:40am On Sep 09, 2014
The meeting of the entrepreneurs will be holding on Sat 13th September 2014 at Bola Ajibola Street opposite Egba Comprehensive high school Abeokuta Ogun State. Time 10am. Invite your friends
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by LONGFELLOW02(m): 8:05am On Sep 09, 2014
fatakeenexport: Is the ginger dried split ginger if yes pls let talk 08076716359 or email fatakeemexport@gmail.com

Wat we hv is fresh ginger, i can prepare dried one for you base on ur recommendation During harvesting time. . .

farm location is in ondo state.
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 11:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
3rd EU Nigerian Business forum will be coming up on the 22nd to 23rd of September 2014. please visit www.eunbf.eu to register

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pls What Is The Job Opportunity For Animal Science / Help! My Broilers Keep Dying / Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.