Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,605 members, 7,840,438 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach (37670 Views)

8 Nigerian Athletes Fail Doping Test As They Tested Positive / Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by nerodenero: 12:55pm On Aug 08, 2014
Ekanem plus Chika are not smart liars.They should ask LIE-NUS how to do it.
Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by Litmus: 12:56pm On Aug 08, 2014
Total rubbish.

People just don't understand the psychology at play here. Once you're accused of something that you have no clue about and if you're stupid enough to think, "why should anyone accuse me of something i haven't done? therefor it must be true that I've done something wrong although i cant think how or why" then you'll try to find a rational explanation for that accusation, which you believe that no one is malicious enough to accuse you of for no justifiable reason. So instead of outright denying that you did anything wrong you'll spend time trying to find reasons why you might have been accused of wrongdoing. Unfortunately since the accusation is based on a lie, you'll find no rational explanation and consequently your search for answers will lead you down irrational paths until the heaps-upon-heaps of irrational explanation you make only serves to make you look crooked and even more guilty in the first instance.

The problem is that Nigerians have beautiful hearts but believe they have wicked hearts because of the perception that we're corrupt and all the negative media so we're not getting to grips with the true nature of the world we're living in.

2 Likes

Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by Kezifils(m): 12:56pm On Aug 08, 2014
Well its too late to cry when the head is off. The love of zobo cost her Gold literally.
Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by AndreB: 12:56pm On Aug 08, 2014
So she was a zobo addict?
Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by Sylvarresta(m): 12:58pm On Aug 08, 2014
See lies

Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by Eraddray(m): 12:58pm On Aug 08, 2014
Zobo kooolipsrsealed shocked shocked shocked
Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by Celepope: 12:59pm On Aug 08, 2014
LaRoyalHighness: Wait oooo! This woman that is carrying that thing@pichure is 17...? Ok.... !
But nor be Latin them take write the news na.Madam where did u see 17 years in the news? undecided

1 Like

Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by Ninilowo(m): 12:59pm On Aug 08, 2014
Zobo ko, Yobo ni. That man needs psychiatrist attention ASAP. How did the zobo get to Glasgow? That's how a coach said an athlete took local herb (agbo) sometimes ago.

1 Like

Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by Lilaex: 1:01pm On Aug 08, 2014
I tink its 2ru bkz I waz filin sum hw wen I tok mamas nkechis zobo drink yestday.
Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by Abiagirl777(f): 1:01pm On Aug 08, 2014
The same way Tiwa savage claimed she ate puff puff.the kind of lies Nigerians tell baffles even de devil!
Zobo dat meks my family purge

2 Likes

Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by englishmart(m): 1:02pm On Aug 08, 2014
The love of zobo is beginning of Highness.

Una don see small children.

how did the zobo get to her?
Was it imported?

2 Likes

Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 08, 2014
Ceasar1:

Na wa woo, It's Zobo Now.

True or not; I'll never view zobo the same way again.

2 Likes

Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by Josh316(m): 1:06pm On Aug 08, 2014
The coach may be right.

Mind you, she tested positive to the usual masking agents of drugs NOT any performance enhancing drugs. Due to the newer types of designer drugs developed by some pharmaceutical companies for some dubious athletes and the new practice of using diuretics to erase evidence of such use hence masking the presence of the trace components, the World Anti-Doping Agency decided to test instead for the presence of these masking agents which are diuretics. Now Thiazide is a class of diuretics and that was what the young girl tested positive for.

Funny enough, many people do not know that Zobo is made from the commonly known HIBISCUS flower. This flower has many health benefits including lowering blood pressure due to its diuretic properties. Diuretics are commonly prescribed to hypertensives to reduce blood volume and reduce pressure subsequently.

If indeed she went ahead to consume this zobo drink, it shows that her coaches were abreast of vital information and funny enough must be commended (strange yeah?) and the girl must now learn to listen to her coaches.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibiscus#Health_benefits

http://www.drugs.com/npp/hibiscus.html

16 Likes

Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by Danhumprey: 1:06pm On Aug 08, 2014
LaRoyalHighness: Wait oooo! This woman that is carrying that thing@pichure is 17...? Ok.... !
Me sef no believe that age cheat o.
Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by Forwetinnah: 1:07pm On Aug 08, 2014
Might be true..we really don't know the organic compounds in some of the Local herbs we take. I know zobo is good for weight watchers..it removes excess water from the body, makes you wanna pee like crazy.
Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 08, 2014
yenex1: lmao.*mama jude abeg give me zobo, mix am with kunu
cheesy
Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by ironheart(m): 1:10pm On Aug 08, 2014
jennylove7575: I said it, there is something fishy about that drink. The name is odd.. The meaning if zobo in my native dialect is......"wide pusssy" or "slacked pusssy" hmm Na wah!
what dialect is that?
Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 08, 2014
Cud this be true Of all tins na "Zobo"..shocked..Hmmmm....I love d drink sef, tho am nt addicted to it sha
Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by ElFenomeno1: 1:16pm On Aug 08, 2014
Hahahaha!
Pathological liar.
Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by signz: 1:19pm On Aug 08, 2014
Josh316: The coach may be right.

Mind you, she tested positive to the usual masking agents of drugs NOT any performance enhancing drugs. Due to the newer types of designer drugs developed by some pharmaceutical companies for some dubious athletes and the new practice of using diuretics to erase evidence of such use hence masking the presence of the trace components, the World Anti-Doping Agency decided to test instead for the presence of these masking agents which are diuretics. Now Thiazide is a class of diuretics and that was what the young girl tested positive for.

Funny enough, many people do not know that Zobo is made from the commonly known HIBISCUS flower. This flower has many health benefits including lowering blood pressure due to its diuretic properties. Diuretics are commonly prescribed to hypertensives to reduce blood volume and reduce pressure subsequently.

If indeed she went ahead to consume this zobo drink, it shows that her coaches were abreast of vital information and funny enough must be commended (strange yeah?) and the girl must now learn to listen to her coaches.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibiscus#Health_benefits

http://www.drugs.com/npp/hibiscus.html

10000000 likes

8 Likes

Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by fr3do(m): 1:24pm On Aug 08, 2014
I thought as much!
The concerned Nigerian sports authority can save the day.
Simply get samples of zobo from various retailers and also the local hibiscus plant, get it tested in an accredited lab in london for the banned compounds, if the tests come out positive, we have a case and Amalaha can get her gold back.

What these white men are doing is not fair, if they are testing our players, they should first consider our local dishes and drinks. They consider their foods over there but not here.

3 Likes

Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by Burger01(m): 1:25pm On Aug 08, 2014
Ok!
Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by IYANGBALI: 1:34pm On Aug 08, 2014
Dis coach can lie,no be only sobo
Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by nairaman66(m): 1:36pm On Aug 08, 2014
Sugar coated lies!
Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 08, 2014
The weightlifting coach alleged further that even the medical team warned her against drinking the local drink at the Abuja camp before the Games, but she always sneaked out of camp to have the drink.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Naija,I hail thee grin grin
Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by sexymoma(f): 1:37pm On Aug 08, 2014
Ceasar1:

Na wa woo, It's Zobo Now.
[size=11pt]Ma Brother the thing tire me/size]
Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by ademoladeji(m): 1:39pm On Aug 08, 2014
Zobo I really wanna get high on Fura de nunu+Zobo+Kunnu
Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by ademoladeji(m): 1:39pm On Aug 08, 2014
Zobo I really wanna get high on Fura de nunu+Zobo+Kunnu x_x
Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by rayshiy: 1:41pm On Aug 08, 2014
this story na real ZOBO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kelechi Nwakali Flaunts His Arsenal Jersey Number / English Man Arrested For Masturbating In Public In The Centre Of Madrid / Dele Ajiboye Weds Folashade Olohunsogo (Pre-Wedding Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.