Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,325 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Hot Water And Salt Solution For Ebola - Whats Your Say? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hot Water And Salt Solution For Ebola - Whats Your Say? (850 Views)

FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie / Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour / Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hot Water And Salt Solution For Ebola - Whats Your Say? by Mathicks(m): 8:01am On Aug 08, 2014
So I woke up this morning, only to see the same story everywhere on facebook and twitter - use hot water and salt to take your bath- . I have not clarified anything yet, and my neighbour just boiled some seriously hot water, and mixed an entire cup of salt in it, lol. Well, I will have my bath with the same, but I dont know for how long I can continue with it :p.. Whats your say on this Issue?
Re: Hot Water And Salt Solution For Ebola - Whats Your Say? by Mathicks(m): 8:09am On Aug 08, 2014
So I was going through Nairaland and found this thread that posutively argues that this salt water solution thingy is fabricated. https://www.nairaland.com/1847879/ebola-bathing-warm-salt-water . You should go through it too
Re: Hot Water And Salt Solution For Ebola - Whats Your Say? by WarHorse1(m): 8:09am On Aug 08, 2014
Ebola is said to be transmissible through sweat. Sweat is salt and water. So some person may be making it easy to transmit Ebola and all you people are falling for it. I am fed up with human behavior.
Re: Hot Water And Salt Solution For Ebola - Whats Your Say? by tr3y(m): 8:12am On Aug 08, 2014
Mtchwww
Nigeria sha!
Re: Hot Water And Salt Solution For Ebola - Whats Your Say? by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 08, 2014
Everyone is talking about it. The salt and water treatment is not far-fetched.

Management of Ebola patients requires rehydrating of body fluids(water) and physiological electolytes Sodium(Na+) and Chlorine (Cl-), two electrolytes found in Salt.

Also Viruses hardly survive in vitro chlorination. So it's not difficult to see the common sense in it. Though i don't think it is usually sustainable as a mode of treatment, but as a preventive measure it may be adopted if it's we've got.
Re: Hot Water And Salt Solution For Ebola - Whats Your Say? by owken(m): 9:37am On Aug 08, 2014
dozzybaba: Everyone is talking about it. The salt and water treatment is not far-fetched.

Management of Ebola patients requires rehydrating of body fluids(water) and physiological electolytes Sodium(Na+) and Chlorine (Cl-), two electrolytes found in Salt.

Also Viruses hardly survive in vito chlorination. So it's not difficult to see the common sense in it. Though i don't think it is usually sustainable as a mode of treatment, but as a preventive measure it may be adopted if it's we've got.

if it were true, don't u think d casulties of about 937 persons would have not gotten to that number, or u think experts on medicine haven't done research?
Re: Hot Water And Salt Solution For Ebola - Whats Your Say? by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 08, 2014
owken: if it were true, don't u think d casulties of about 937 persons would have not gotten to that number, or u think experts on medicine haven't done research?

I'm not recommending it as a mode of treatment and management, i don't really believe it works. I'm only trying to dissect the principle behind it's 'possible workability'. Taking in salt is same as taking in electrolytes, the same electrolytes ebola patients lose in large quantities when they are infected. You see the connection?. This is theoretical Scientific thinking.

Nobody knows if it will, everyone is in panic mode and trying out stuffs. As long as no one is running to Pastors and Alfas to treat, i think it's at least better than folding arms and waiting to die.

Let's all start brainstorming. Invention is offspring of neccessity.
Re: Hot Water And Salt Solution For Ebola - Whats Your Say? by Mathicks(m): 11:28am On Aug 08, 2014
I just heard that salt and water on ur skin even makes ur skin more prone to infections
Re: Hot Water And Salt Solution For Ebola - Whats Your Say? by TopsyKrete: 11:39am On Aug 08, 2014
Mathicks: I just heard that salt and water on ur skin even makes ur skin more prone to infections

Yep

But does this virus survive in HYDROCARBONS? Kerosene, diesel , petrol and the likes
Re: Hot Water And Salt Solution For Ebola - Whats Your Say? by Mathicks(m): 11:47am On Aug 08, 2014
TopsyKrete:

Yep

But does this virus survive in HYDROCARBONS? Kerosene, diesel , petrol and the likes
lol... Dont go and have your bath with Kerosene oooo....lol. The scare shouldnt even be that much. At the rate anti-ebola-ism is going, in the next 2 months, Ebola will just be like Typhoid.

(1) (Reply)

. / How Can One Stop Sleep Talking? / Kedi Healthcare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.