Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,051 members, 7,838,655 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax (8895 Views)

PVC: Raising Awareness Of A Chronic Female Condition / I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 09, 2014
5minsmadness:

Seconded. Op dem don catch you? How are things your end? Update us na.
I have updated.
Yes i was called by some security operatives. The original source is known to the government.
Got my fair warning.
Some others called and wanted to start making demands of money from me. I am sure most of them are not even real security operatives.

Verified source of the rumour (Attah of Igala land)

https://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/166257-ebola-sparks-panic-across-nigeria-as-citizens-scramble-for-salt-water-bath-remedy.html

http://dailypost.ng/2014/08/08/sylvester-ugwuanyi-bet-among-ebola-forced-bathe-early-hot-salt-water/

http://allafrica.com/stories/201408081510.html/

1 Like

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by kinglekan: 10:14am On Aug 09, 2014
DRealGeesam1: By the way, i am not an attention seeker as many claimed in the previous thread. I did it to create awareness and save the lives of many who wont reason with logic.
. Apparently you claim to be so smart and yet so daft at d same time. Ist and foremost even if u didn't create the hoax, you have put any Adesewa or Funke @ jibowu hostel @ risk. Why claim to originate a message u didn't create? If you truly are not some silly, obnoxious and low IQ attention seeker, you would have just said your own bit widout creating further complications to dis matter. I hope you get arrested and if you are a student, expelled also. Silly Cow!!!!
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by 3Dimension: 10:20am On Aug 09, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
Read my recent post and stop creating another commotion. All those arrest stories are fake. This is part of what i was preaching against. Verify news you hear, dont let all those silly bloggers be your source.
fyi I don't believe anything I read from bloggers or broadcast until I verify them myself cos of people like you That will concort stories and sell to the public. I only quoted what u initially said. Or are u not the one that mention the date, time and witness again. Are u saying all the senerio of funke and you cooking up the story is a lie? Just to gain public sympathy? Remember I'm not talking about ur initial story buh then someone counter ur claim of being the the originator and u started churning out witness. Gudluck with ur lies.......
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 09, 2014
kinglekan: . Apparently you claim to be so smart and yet so daft at d same time. Ist and foremost even if u didn't create the hoax, you have put any Adesewa or Funke @ jibowu hostel @ risk. Why claim to originate a message u didn't create? If you truly are not some silly, obnoxious and low IQ attention seeker, you would have just said your own bit widout creating further complications to dis matter. I hope you get arrested and if you are a student, expelled also. Silly Cow!!!!
The government and security bodies know the true source of the rumour. When will people learn to stop speaking out of sentiments. It is people like you that made me pull the publicity stunt i did earlier. You swallow every thing.
The true source is Attah of Igala.
Read my previous posts
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 09, 2014
3Dimension: fyi I don't believe anything I read from bloggers or broadcast until I verify them myself cos of people like you That will concort stories and sell to the public. I only quoted what u initially said. Or are u not the one that mention the date, time and witness again. Are u saying all the senerio of funke and you cooking up the story is a lie? Just to gain public sympathy? Remember I'm not talking about ur initial story buh then someone counter ur claim of being the the originator and u started churning out witness. Gudluck with ur lies.......
Yes it was all part of the publicity stunt.
Police dont just round up people like that. By the way as i said earlier, they even know the true source.
I have gotten my "ear twisting" for the stunt. Though i dont regret it cos it stimulated a lot of discussion even offline on what is true and false about ebola prevention.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by kinglekan: 10:31am On Aug 09, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
The government and security bodies know the true source of the rumour. When will people learn to stop speaking out of sentiments. It is people like you that made me pull the publicity stunt i did earlier. You swallow every thing.
The true source is Attah of Igala.
Read my previous posts
. What sorta publicity stunt is that? Even though the govt knw the true source, Don't you knw that the school might have taken action via the school security to search for girls in d hostel bearing such names. They might have even be harassed by their peers. You seat at the comfort of your home and create some silly post that is just further creating more controversy and you feel you are justified. Tune in to 99.3 Nigeria Info now. Its apparently a topic for discussion and its ur lame prank that's airing. Congrats once more.
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 09, 2014
kinglekan: . What sorta publicity stunt is that? Even though the govt knw the true source, Don't you knw that the school might have taken action via the school security to search for girls in d hostel bearing such names. They might have even be harassed by their peers. You seat at the comfort of your home and create some silly post that is just further creating more controversy and you feel you are justified. Tune in to 99.3 Nigeria Info now. Its apparently a topic for discussion and its ur lame prank that's airing. Congrats once more.
Thanks
It is lame to you, but it killed the rumour even faster than i anticipated. You should have seen how stubbornly people were arguing that it was best everyone should drink and bath with salt until i created my "stupid confession" instantly people realized how silly they were.
Goal achieved.

1 Like

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 09, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
Thanks
It is lame to you, but it killed the rumour even faster than i anticipated. You should have seen how stubbornly people were arguing that it was best everyone should drink and bath with salt until i created my "stupid confession" instantly people realized how silly they were.
Goal achieved.
After reading all your comments on the subject matter,I ve decided to comment••i understand what you tried achieving with the pranks BUT the way you went about it was too silly(sorry to say)•How can you claim to do what you ve no idea of? Pls next time don't play dis kinda game again..some ppl in kirikiri prison do you think all of dem are reali guilty of their crimes? You just ve to thank God dat the true originator has been revealed
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 09, 2014
Osahon7: After reading all your comments on the subject matter,I ve decided to comment••i understand what you tried achieving with the pranks BUT the way you went about it was too silly(sorry to say)•How can you claim to do what you ve no idea of? Pls next time don't play dis kinda game again..some ppl in kirikiri prison do you think all of dem are reali guilty of their crimes? You just ve to thank God dat the true originator has been revealed
Appreciate ur unbiased contribution.
Thanks
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by egopersonified(f): 2:28pm On Aug 09, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
*smiling*
This lady again.
You keep confirming that you fall in the category of those i spoke about in my original post.

Even the government knows who started the rumour and they have turned their face to pretend they dont know.

https://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/166257-ebola-sparks-panic-across-nigeria-as-citizens-scramble-for-salt-water-bath-remedy.html

http://dailypost.ng/2014/08/08/sylvester-ugwuanyi-bet-among-ebola-forced-bathe-early-hot-salt-water/

http://allafrica.com/stories/201408081510.html/

Those are credible sources for you. Stop nagging.

What i did was "bad", yeah, but i have no regret, because it KILLED the salt bathe rumour faster than any other medium.
If not for it MANY would have woken up to bath with salt water and drank the corrosive concoction today.

As for those claiming that some funkes where arrested, hmmmm, i have been called and told no funke was arrested. People are just desperate to lash at me.

The SSS is more informed than we give them credit for. They knew the source even before i created the "fake confession".
Attah of Igala started all the salt cure rumour several hours before the 7pm i claimed.
Those security outlets you are affiliated with need to be more professional.

I have gotten several calls from the crooks that want to make money from me and the Real Authorities.

I am fine and going about my business in peace.

I say Thanks to those who understood the value of what i did and helped in stopping the Deadly salt-cure/prevention rumour.

Egopersonified, you can keep hating me, it is your right to hate so far no law prohibits the type of hate you exhibit.

Like I said, dont hate you, just pity your stu.pidity. Isnt it the same government, police and sss that make up the gullible nigerians? So u are also investigating? Hope you are gathering your evidences and story to make a strong case? Fyi, you are more silly and ignorant than the people you mentioned in your original post. What have you ever stood for in your sorry life? The only time you have attempted to make a mark, you come online and claim to be all what not to seek unnecesary attention. If u are as intelligent as you claim, u would have broadcasted this attah of igala story with all the aparatus within your reach. Do u know just one person started the #bringbackourgirls campaign? Have you seen anyone hauling insults at him and counter claims? The people who matter in life help others know and do better by being better themselves. Stop looking for cheap popularity. You keep talking about verifing information from relevant authorities, are you now an authority to make Nigerians stop the silly trend? This salted water saga would still have blown over without you, or were you the one that stopped the bitter cola trend? Pls stop giving yourself credit where there is none to take.

1 Like

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by 3Dimension: 2:43pm On Aug 09, 2014
Imagine america to claim responsibility for the bombed malaysian airline m17 because russian and ukraine are fighting over who did it?

Implicating one self in a fatal crime just to stop a cause is the dumbest thing I hv ever seen. You r worse than all the gullible nigerians that took the salt solution. If truly you just implicated ursef to quell the story.
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by kinglekan: 8:18am On Aug 10, 2014
egopersonified:

Like I said, dont hate you, just pity your stu.pidity. Isnt it the same government, police and sss that make up the gullible nigerians? So u are also investigating? Hope you are gathering your evidences and story to make a strong case? Fyi, you are more silly and ignorant than the people you mentioned in your original post. What have you ever stood for in your sorry life? The only time you have attempted to make a mark, you come online and claim to be all what not to seek unnecesary attention. If u are as intelligent as you claim, u would have broadcasted this attah of igala story with all the aparatus within your reach. Do u know just one person started the #bringbackourgirls campaign? Have you seen anyone hauling insults at him and counter claims? The people who matter in life help others know and do better by being better themselves. Stop looking for cheap popularity. You keep talking about verifing information from relevant authorities, are you now an authority to make Nigerians stop the silly trend? This salted water saga would still have blown over without you, or were you the one that stopped the bitter cola trend? Pls stop giving yourself credit where there is none to take.
. Well said, at least there are still smart Nigerians on nairaland.
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by jotey(m): 12:52pm On Aug 10, 2014
DRealGeesam1: By the way, i am not an attention seeker as many claimed in the previous thread. I did it to create awareness and save the lives of many who wont reason with logic.
you are a big fool
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by JuanDeDios: 2:34pm On Aug 10, 2014
egopersonified:

So u are feeling so intelligent to want to claim you know too much abi? No matter what you claim here, the other thread already implicates you and as I stated there, I am just waiting to watch your arrest on NTA. My office is affiliated with a security outfit and I know what I have heard people say. U better prepare for the worst. Mtcheeew.
Well, the police would have to PROVE she sent it since she has retracted the earlier confession with an explanation. The'd have to show proof from her phone.
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by iamdsam: 9:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
Anybody throwing insults at you are among the docile Nigerians whom majority claim to be in higher institutions or graduates with certificates they can't even defend. You spoke my heart. I applaud you for it. Well done dear!
ayukdaboss: Come you this girl/guy....I missed your first post where you confessed. You have done that part...I read it...I had no problem with you. But you still opened another thread to insult Nigerians. You're a very big fool for opening this thread. Wait? Are you trying to get celebrity status from this or what? How are our professors going to lecture Ediots like you who instead of facing their studies go fooling around with acts like this?

So starting a useless rumor like this is your own assistance right? And you have the guts to open another thread insulting Nigerians...You're a big fool again. I hope you get arrested very soon. I wish you stay around where I do by this time you wouldn't have the freedom to be posting another useless thread again. After spewing rubbish like this you still had the guts to display your location. Shows how Ediotic you are.

FYI somebody died from your foolishness today. You can go ahead and read.

https://www.nairaland.com/1848724/one-die-fake-salt-water

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 11, 2014
Update: To all who it may concern

I appreciate you all, both critics and those that value what I did.

I am a published writer and I am very familiar with the risks involved in developing fictional characters.

I have written a letter to the Honourable Minister of Health and tabled the following before him.

1. The fact that the brine "ebola therapy" started from the pronouncement of the Attah of Igala, Kogi state.

2. That this "ebola brine therapy" was broadcasted on the State-owned Television and Radio station on the 7th of August. I have over 2million residents of the State of Kogi as my witnesses to this fact.

3. That the Fictional character I created by the name Adesewa, served a publicity purpose which was clearly stated on the Fictional confessional thread on nairaland.com. This character clearly publicized the fact that it only served as a Publicity tool to dispel the "brine therapy" and that all readers of the so called confession should henceforth rely on information only from the authorities.

4. The fact that the government is turning a blind eye to the original source of this deadly misinformation, which indicts the Attah of Igala and the Director Generals of the Kogi State Radio and Television Corporations and chasing a fictional character that helped stop the spread of the rumour albeit in a controversial way.

For futher transparency in this matter i have written to both International and Local news agencies. To point out the above facts and my willingness to keep them abreast of any development in this case.

If justice is to prevail, it will be no secret to all Nigerians and the world at large the proceedings of the government in this matter.

I will be consulting with my Lawyer today and I will be expecting the response of the Honorable Minister of Health.

To show my full corporation, my true identity is revealed in the letter.

I hope in the end, there is sincerity about getting to the root of the matter and not a ghost chasing operation, when the original source of the information is clear to all and have millions who can attest to my claims

Thank you

Sources

https://premiumtimesng.com/news/166257-ebola-sparks-panic-across-nigeria-as-citizens-scramble-for-salt-water-bath-remedy.html

http://www.today.ng/news/ebola-gullibility-nigerians-panic-as-salt-water-chain-messages-spread/
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by mindurbiznes: 3:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
tongue
I said it
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 11, 2014
mindurbiznes: tongue
I said it
Lol
True, you where one of the few who know the truth and kept insisting that the confession was fake.
What surprises me is the fact that even the authorities claimed they dont know the true source. When it was clearly broadcasted on kogi state radio and Television corporations.
And the rumor was already circulation about 24hrs before the time i claimed.
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by killlie(m): 8:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
Perhaps u're more foolish than I thought 4 havin effrontery 2 write anoda bullshit on dis issue of Ebola. I fell 4 d msg prescribing salt nd hot water 4 d cure. See d reply I got frm a frm who is a medical student: "Guy,what's al dis nw? Does Ebola sound lik rice or a leaf used in makin soup dat u're nw askin me 2 add salt in hot water. I demand anoda msg frm u apologisin 4 d insult,nd don't 4get 2 include dat u're too daft 2 b on social network. Well,lesson learnt! I just need 2 tel u no matter hw dumb it sounds dat my grandmother cured my whitlow which made me sleepless 4 2 day with my early morning shit. So,rational reasoning could be wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alomo Bitters: What Is It Really For, Wud U Drink It? / Exposed! Before You Put That Oil In That Soft Spot On The Head Of Your Newborn / Federal Government Begins Screening Of Ebola Virus At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.