Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,009 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Ebola Facts!!! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola Facts!!! (27379 Views)

Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] / Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola / Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola Facts!!! by BellaSwan: 6:12pm On Aug 08, 2014
Salt water baths don’t cure Ebola. Here’s how to protect yourself

We are all aware that Ebola is now in Nigeria. Ebola is deadly but you don’t have to get it. Here’s what you need to know to protect yourself and your loved ones.

1. How Can I Get Ebola?
One can get Ebola by
a. contact with someone who is VISIBLY sick with the disease
b. contact with the body of someone who has died from Ebola
c. contact with an animal that is carrying the
virus - usually fruit bats & monkeys

2. How Can I Know Someone Has Ebola?
The first and most important thing is a HIGH and SUDDEN FEVER plus any of these other 3 signs:
a. excessive stool (especially with blood)
b. vomiting
c. loss of appetite
d. weakness
e. joint & body pain
f. sore throat

3. What Do I Do If I think I Or Someone I Know Has Ebola?
Call +23480032652437 IMMEDIATELY to speak with Health Officials if you’re in Nigeria. Airtime is free on this number.
a. don’t go to church/mosque/prayer house - ask your pastor, imam or spiritual leader to pray for you from where they are. You will save lives
b. stay at home and keep yourself alone until the health officials are able to handle your case.

4. How Can I Protect Myself?

a. keep a clean environment
b. wash your hands often and avoid unnecessary contact
c. be vigilant. If someone is visibly sick, notify the authorities and avoid them
d. educate everyone around you. If the people around you are educated, you are safer.
5. Finally…

Many false claims are going round now. Be careful!
a. John G Lake died before Ebola was discovered. How could he have cured it?
b. No one has been cured or protected from Ebola by taking bitter kola. If you feel like bitter kola, eat it but protect yourself!
c. Salt and hot water don’t protect against viruses. If it did, it would also cure HIV!
6. Spread the Word

Tell everyone around you to keep yourself safe! Re-broadcast this message!

Go to www.ebolafacts.com for more information and direct questions there!

http://ebolafacts.tumblr.com/post/94147544518/salt-water-baths-dont-cure-ebola-heres-how-to#_=_

27 Likes

Re: Ebola Facts!!! by Randerl: 6:18pm On Aug 08, 2014
Good. God Bless U

12 Likes

Re: Ebola Facts!!! by justi4jesu(f): 5:46pm On Aug 09, 2014
grin Good info i hope people wont abandon someone that is ill with malaria or typhoid thinking the person has been infected with Ebola.

It is well.

13 Likes

Re: Ebola Facts!!! by haibe(m): 5:47pm On Aug 09, 2014
The only problem I have with Nigeria now is the fact that we invest more on religion than helpful research. Despite having at least a church in almost every street in Lagos, Lagos remains the first to inhabit ebola, despite Nigeria being one of the most religious countries in the world, we are still among the most dangerous, corrupt and soon poorest countries in the world. Where are those medical practitioners that claim they know it all, those useless medical professors that have no job than oppressing students thinking they are intelligent, where are they let them prove what they have got. But No!! They won't stand up and act now but later say they are not inferior to the oyibo man.

I guess we just have too much hypocrites and illiterates in Nigeria.

35 Likes

Re: Ebola Facts!!! by paschal9(m): 5:48pm On Aug 09, 2014
I just d pass ;DI just d pass

1 Like

Re: Ebola Facts!!! by easyflow: 5:48pm On Aug 09, 2014
Ebola undecided
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by wikiman(m): 5:49pm On Aug 09, 2014
We need to really get serious with research in this country and stop focusing on frivolous things as
i got this forwarded to me yesterday VERY THOUGHTFUL

[b]"This was forwarded to me - "This is just the plain truth.....Hehehehehehe! EBOLA strikes "stone age" Africa. The entire continent, comprised largely of backward thinking people, is thrown into confusion. They were praying. Calling on God as usual. God doesn't drop vaccines or cures from heaven. I wonder why they can't get that into their thick skulls. EBOLA hit Africa in the 70s. The Americans took note. They developed a cure and locked it up in a wardrobe somewhere. A thinking society, a practical society, a sensible society. They solved the problem in the lab and not in the church or some other religious houses. They know the solution to problems is not by handing it over to God or casting it on Jesus or someothers. They found a cure and locked it away, for a day it will be needed. We were in church and , praying. So EBOLA hit West Africa and the entire continent became jittery. Hundreds died. America kept quiet. Two Americans got infected. The Americans opened their wardrobe, flew the cure to Africa and saved their citizens. The drug worked within minutes! The two citizens were saved. Not by prayers but by common sense preparation. God doesn't help the praying Africans with vaccines or cures. They die in their hundreds. It's because of their sins. What else will they say?The Americans don't help lazy minded Africans too. They make money with their vaccines, which praying Africans have to buy. Cos they won't spend their time taking the hard route to solve their problems. They will rather gather in special prayer grounds and ask God to intervene. But he does not. Except maybe through the money making Pharma companies in America. Such is the life of those who don't think!"[/b]

68 Likes

Re: Ebola Facts!!! by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
Mehn Im sikk of these ebola posts..

I just hope i no get ebola readin all these posts everyday.

5 Likes

Re: Ebola Facts!!! by oleeee(m): 5:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
gbam,,wuna hear abi
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 09, 2014
The phobia nairaland is creating about this Ebola kills

faster than the virus

1 Like

Re: Ebola Facts!!! by Chairbabe: 5:52pm On Aug 09, 2014
Thanks fine the info...
Guys too dey shake hands with their fellow guys na,but for my area guys don dey put hand for pocket,highest na to wave hand,nobody wan die but we wan go heaven.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Facts!!! by ednut1(m): 5:53pm On Aug 09, 2014
with the hype of this Ebola. one would tink 1.5m out of the 4m Liberians have died. where as its nt up to 1000. sick of dis crap abeg. fuk ebola

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Facts!!! by YoursGEJ(m): 5:53pm On Aug 09, 2014
To FG. Don't wait and beg America for cure. Mobilize Nigerian biomedical researchers and provide them resources and they will come up with something. Maybe then America may even beg us to share what we found

7 Likes

Re: Ebola Facts!!! by nickvanilla(m): 5:53pm On Aug 09, 2014
see the amount of people viewing ebola topics.na wa oh
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by 9jahubcom(m): 5:54pm On Aug 09, 2014
hmm
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by jhydebaba(m): 5:54pm On Aug 09, 2014
Ebola everywhere cheesy

Prayer warriors be like "god afflict my enemies with ebola". When dey attack u tongue u contact ebola too tongue

7 Likes

Re: Ebola Facts!!! by abdullkabar(m): 5:54pm On Aug 09, 2014
Good one @op,awareness will go a long way in helping us avoid it.
Just wish it goes away quick,am fed up with ebola fear jare undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Facts!!! by mummyson26(m): 5:54pm On Aug 09, 2014
The fear of ebola is the beginning of freedom
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by emperortony: 5:55pm On Aug 09, 2014
Issokay.
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by bebek: 5:55pm On Aug 09, 2014
Oh God protect us and wipe away this deadly disease out of our dear country Nigeria, IJN

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Facts!!! by nora544: 5:55pm On Aug 09, 2014
[quote] Adeboye told the pastors that all those who fasted for 100 days the last time should have no fear of Ebola as the disease would not get to them.
https://www.nairaland.com/1846508/adeboye-bans-delegates-ebola-hit-countries[
/quote]

Please this will also not help you.

Just hear in the TV (Europa) that one person from nigeria is in Toronto, Canada and he could have Ebola.

Please be carful
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by kingschild123(m): 5:56pm On Aug 09, 2014
Highly informative
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by deuce7(m): 5:57pm On Aug 09, 2014
On point unlike the salt marketers trash

1 Like

Re: Ebola Facts!!! by holyboss: 5:57pm On Aug 09, 2014
I caught him sleeping like this with a very high temperature shocked undecided

Pls Shud I run and shout Ebola undecided

1 Like

Re: Ebola Facts!!! by igbsam(m): 6:03pm On Aug 09, 2014
Very Informative. Thanks OP. Now one has to avoid anyone who is showing sign of sickness even though we don't know what it is.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Facts!!! by cumz(m): 6:03pm On Aug 09, 2014
wow..
this makes sense now.. before. I use to think once
you get Ebola like this and symptoms sef never
show... say if person touch you . that person sef
don get be that.. another person touch that
person.. him self con get be that... Omo
that would av bn terrible.
so.. I fit dey shake now and kiss and smooxh and
hug... until the person show severe symptoms
abi....
guys.. karma kassi jhor
Ebola no fit catxh me

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Facts!!! by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 09, 2014
More facts!
TB Joshua's holy water can't cure or protect you against ebola.
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by tinuolababy(f): 6:04pm On Aug 09, 2014
Thanks op
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by Funjosh(m): 6:07pm On Aug 09, 2014
EBOLA! EBOLA!! EBOLA!!! How many times did I call you?
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by Nafikowa: 6:08pm On Aug 09, 2014
Good info, thanks.
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by ihedinobi2: 6:09pm On Aug 09, 2014
Big ups, OP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Prevent HIV After Exposure? Please Help / Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience / Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.