Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption (65114 Views)

Pictures From Shiites-Army Clash In Zaria, Many Feared Dead / Fighting In Ilorin, 2 Feared Dead, curfew Declared / 2 Feared Dead As Gunmen Rain Bullets In Yenagoa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by babystathopoulos: 11:07pm On Aug 08, 2014
Kylekent59: All this news were all lies including abuja victims. Plz be sure b4 u post any thing here
All lies you say! Don't let denial be your disease.
Didn't you hear the latest breaking news, one of the patient who was at the same hospital where the liberian man died is in NNPC hospital in Lagos and she got the virus, so that's why the govt shut down nnpc hospital in lag, you say lies too abi?
Ebola in Nigeria is the worst thing that can happen to us now, most of all my earlier assumptions are turning out to be true now. Our weak govt are there beating around the bush, the dumb minister of health is clueless of how to contain the ebola.
Another patient has be comfirmed with ebola in garki hospital in abuja#fact
I heard the ebola patient in nnpc refused to be quarantine at first when she left the hospital the liberian man died, they let her go home and after some days she had fever she went to nnpc hospital and they were treating her of malaria after 4days before she told them she was at the sawyer's hospital, that was when they got her blood tested for ebola. DO YOU ALL KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS;
1. Just the way she was infected so many other innocent patients in NNPC would be infected because the doc, nurses must ve touched others unprotective before they knew she had ebola
2. Why did they allow the woman to go(I heard she is very rich) and refuse to be quarantine
All these lapses show Nigeria is in for deep shit
Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by babyjoker(f): 11:08pm On Aug 08, 2014
Blaqsmith: This I.diot female Nairalander,u see wetin u cause? U see ur life so
what do we call this now if not MURDER
Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by Arinze96(m): 11:10pm On Aug 08, 2014
MissMeiya:

You're actually wrong. Salt and water do not just chemically react. The salt dissolves in water and it becomes a salt solution. AKA NaCl solution.

The educational system in Nigeria is a problem.
That should be NaCl.xH2O if I'm right then
Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by babystathopoulos: 11:14pm On Aug 08, 2014
hardbody:

No dear. At least not in that sense. i concluded pre-med before veering off into a different profession. I could not stand cardava.
You couldn't stand cardava hmmm grin and you gat phobia for blood bah? grin cheesy grin, anyway thought as much you gat some trainin in med
Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 08, 2014
Arinze96: That should be NaCl.xH2O if I'm right then

When you mix salt in water, it results in salty water, which is water containing Sodium and Chlorine ions.

This chemcial equation goes both ways.
NaCl + H2O ←→ H2O + Na+1 + Cl-1

Note that ions have a small superscript number indicating their excess charges. Na+1 means the Sodium ion is missing an electron, thus its (+) charge.

Also note that ions are individual atoms, so when the solution is formed, an element like Cl does not need to be a molecule. It is only Cl2 when existing as a gas.

Depending on the mixture and temperature, the water can be salty or the salt can precipitate out and collect on the bottom of the container.

(See Mixtures and Solutions for more about dissolving salt in water.)

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 08, 2014
Arinze96: That should be NaCl.xH2O if I'm right then

Solutions

Solutions are homogeneous mixtures that consist of microscopic particles and even molecules. The solute and solvent in a solution are either both polar or non-polar molecules, under normal conditions.
Vinegar is a homogeneous mixture or solution of water and acetic acid. Salt water is another example of a solution.

(For more information, see Chemical Solutions and Polar and Non-Polar Molecules.)

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by SOUNDKING: 11:25pm On Aug 08, 2014
@Ngene, stupidity is a serious disease, don't you know?.
Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by hannesy(f): 11:26pm On Aug 08, 2014
Attention pls!
Please before you go to bed 2nite, tie a palm leaf and a red cloth round your head and your waist.Then dance around any banana tree singing# ebelebe ebelebe ebelebe# 7times!!! it also stops Ebola! =)) =)).......av a gud nite rest..... ({})
Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 08, 2014
Arinze96

The internet is the most valuable tool of humankind right now. Learn to do internet research.
Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by martolux(m): 11:28pm On Aug 08, 2014
Hmnn...........just imagine them trying to avert
death by EVD and consumed excess salt which
resulted into death.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by sweetguy10(m): 11:31pm On Aug 08, 2014
Acidosis: The Federal Government should declare a state of emergency on the Education sector.

Education in* Nigerian is Scam, Sham, and SHAME!

To think that fellow course mates today stupidly confirmed that they really drank salt water and bathed with warm salty water made me shook my head in hopeless pity for we the so called "leaders of tomorrow"

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by mkoabiola: 11:33pm On Aug 08, 2014
Who cares
Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by InvertedHammer: 11:41pm On Aug 08, 2014
MissMeiya:

When you mix salt in water, it results in salty water, which is water containing Sodium and Chlorine ions.

This chemcial equation goes both ways.
NaCl + H2O ←→ H2O + Na+1 + Cl-1

Note that ions have a small superscript number indicating their excess charges. Na+1 means the Sodium ion is missing an electron, thus its (+) charge.

Also note that ions are individual atoms, so when the solution is formed, an element like Cl does not need to be a molecule. It is only Cl2 when existing as a gas.

Depending on the mixture and temperature, the water can be salty or the salt can precipitate out and collect on the bottom of the container.

(See Mixtures and Solutions for more about dissolving salt in water.)

/
NaCl + H2O <------> (Na+ + Cl-) + ( H+ + OH-) ---> NaOH + HCl

Mehn, it's been a very long time

\
Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 08, 2014
InvertedHammer:

/
NaCl + H2O <------> (Na+ + Cl-) + ( H+ + OH-) ---> NaOH + HCl

Mehn, it's been a very long time

\

No.
Go look it up. Google is just a click away.

I don't understand this. What do people use the internet for? I use it to learn! It's so easy in 2014! Everyone should be a genius!

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by Arinze96(m): 11:47pm On Aug 08, 2014
MissMeiya: Arinze96

The internet is the most valuable tool of humankind right now. Learn to do internet research.
Thanks.
Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 08, 2014
Arinze96: Thanks.

You're welcome. Just make it a habit to look things up. Every little thing. I swear, you'll impress everyone you meet. And it'll help you in the real world, of course.
Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by wizard01(m): 11:51pm On Aug 08, 2014
they just died for nothing. Even the pandemic, was miles and miles away. Goodbye dead folks!!
Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by mayowapacking(m): 11:57pm On Aug 08, 2014
bbello28: Adieu 2 dem grin ignorance kills faster dan ebola sad .......dey shld be buried wit nigerian flag so dat God wil understand dat dey ve been 2 hell already sad
[s]
bbello28: Adieu 2 dem grin ignorance kills faster dan ebola sad .......dey shld be buried wit nigerian flag so dat God wil understand dat dey ve been 2 hell already sad
[/s]
Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by ghananotnaija(m): 12:00am On Aug 09, 2014
SMH for Nigeria. Useless country. Useless people. No wonder your best and brightest come to Ghana to study.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by sparkleboy(m): 12:04am On Aug 09, 2014
My people perish for lack of wisdom.Fear kills faster than Ebola
RIP to the dead.
@ Drealgesaam1 have seen what u caused. Such unnecessary deaths.
End Tyme tinz
Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by JACKOFALTRADE: 12:07am On Aug 09, 2014
Aboki people, will always do there own differently.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by dotunbidemi: 12:17am On Aug 09, 2014

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by Nobody: 12:36am On Aug 09, 2014
NgeneUkwenu: This government has failed it's citizens in all facet of life!

Imagine, instead of focusing on campaign to promote awareness on the disease, they are busy brutalizing Osun people in order to CAPTURE the state!

Ebola jonathan is indeed a gross failure!

Boko Haram,

Now Ebola!

Vagabonds in Power!

Is that why you opened this thread ? GEJ till 2019.

Back to topic, I was almost bullied on phone to leave my office to go and take salt bath and drink salt as if Ebola has been poured into the atmosphere by invisible evil hands and all the salt bathers will escape the radioactive damnation...

God help me..
Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by Nobody: 12:38am On Aug 09, 2014
Acidosis:

Jonathan again?

E dey manufacture Salt?

No mind the guy, he is high from Sodium Chloride !
Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by Nobody: 12:40am On Aug 09, 2014
Jakumo:

The new rumor circulating Nigeria now is that Ebola fever can be warded off by carrying about a large duck in a basket, while shouting CHAI ! at least 3 times per hour.

Jakumo, make you no kill pesin o.

At least, if asked why I am laughing, make I fit explain..
Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 09, 2014
a man in my area consumed large amounts of salt last night and he is hypertensive... thank GOD he found out later this morning that it was just a rumor or else he would have just been consuming more salt till he kills himself!
Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by Amanyanabo(m): 1:14am On Aug 09, 2014
Alot of ppl r going to die not because of ebola but because of misinformation nd ignorance

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by Amanyanabo(m): 1:20am On Aug 09, 2014
ghananotnaija: SMH for Nigeria. Useless country. Useless people. No wonder your best and brightest come to Ghana to study.
dude, if d country nd her ppl r as useless as u say they r wat d phuck r u then doing her
Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by sasifo(m): 1:22am On Aug 09, 2014
[quote author=Acidosis]

Jonathan again?

E dey manufacture Salt? Na wao my brother. May God Exonorate Jonathan from this. Even when Liberia govt had openly apologised concerning the spread of the virus they are still blaming Jonathan. I know very soon some idiots will blame GEJ when their landlord give them quit notice for not paying their house rent.
Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by Funjosh(m): 1:25am On Aug 09, 2014
Chai! Diaris GOD o.
Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by sojayy(m): 1:44am On Aug 09, 2014
guy! u badt...
Re: Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption by sylve11: 1:55am On Aug 09, 2014
Ogbeni what am i hearing so? grin grin cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Abba Kyari's Body Arrives Abuja / Okorocha's Aide Shot By Uzodinma's Security Personnel (Graphic Photo) / Why I Accepted To Be Peter Obi’s Running Mate –datti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.