Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,846 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Nigerians Beg Obama For Ebola Virus Vaccine. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Beg Obama For Ebola Virus Vaccine. (678 Views)

Nigerians Beg Jonathan For Their Betrayals, Knock Buhari's Administration / #babawhenyougetthere: Nigerians Beg Buhari To Fulfil Promise If Elected / Nigerians Beg Obama To Give Lagos Nurse Vaccine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Beg Obama For Ebola Virus Vaccine. by NewsAlert: 2:11pm On Aug 10, 2014
Nigerians have taken to various social media sites to solicit for President Barrack Obama’s support for the Nigerian nurse who allegedly contracted the deadly Ebola disease.The Nigerian nurse, Justina Ejelonu was said to have contracted the deadly disease after treating a Liberian, Patrick Sawyer, who came into the country with the disease few days ago. Although the Liberian has died from the pawns of the disease, however many health officials who attended to him have been quarantined while others are on the watch while Ejelonu Justina was discovered to have been infected with the deadly virus.

Nigerians however, have taken to the White House website and also social websites like Facebook and Twitter, petitioning President Barrack Obama to release the vaccine called Zmapp, which was developed in the United States for the sole purpose of combating the deadly Ebola disease.

It would be recalled that the U.S. president few days ago made it known to newsmen that the Ebola experimental drug won’t be sent to Africa because its too early, hence the delay for the vaccine to be used in affected countries. However, the infected nurse according to Punch, revealed that she did not have any contact with the Liberian’s body fluids which is the major source of transferring the deadly disease. In her words, she said: ”I never contacted his fluids. I checked his vitals, helped him with his food (he was too weak). I basically touched where his hands touched and that’s the only contact — not directly with his fluids. “At a stage, he yanked off his infusion and we had blood everywhere on his bed. But the ward maids took care of that and changed his linens with great precaution. Every patient is treated as high-risk. If it were air borne, by now wahala for dey (there would have been trouble). I still thank God.”
The allegedly infected nurse also added that the workers’ uniforms and Sawyer’s bedding were burnt afterwards, saying the staff were under surveillance and off-duty till August 11. “Our samples have long been taken by the World Health Organisation and so far, we have been fine. Kudos to my hospital management because we work professionally with every patient considered as high-risk — that’s the training.” The health worker noted that if it were a public hospital, the outcome might have been different, adding that she was however grateful to the Lagos State Government and the Federal Government for their support.
Get more trending news on http://newshalert..com/

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Beg Obama For Ebola Virus Vaccine. by Yugosng(m): 4:47pm On Aug 10, 2014
How else did she get infected? Indirect contact with his fluids I guess....touching where he'd touched with his fluid soiled hands.
Re: Nigerians Beg Obama For Ebola Virus Vaccine. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 10, 2014
An Economic Drama behind the
Ebola Disease A Spanish priest
infected with Ebola will be
treated with an experimental
drug that has been used on
two Americans infected with the deadly virus, the
government said...The Spanish
charity Pajares worked for,
the Hospitaller Brothers of St.
John of God in Liberia, had
asked Madrid to bring to Spain for treatment two African
missionaries infected with
Ebola who also worked at the
hospital but the request was
turned down. One of those
two missionaries, a Congolese nun, died on Saturday due to
Ebola, the charity said. The
exportation of the drug from
a private US company Mapp
Pharmaceuticals is allowed under a Spanish law tagged
“exceptional importation” for
the priest's usage. Little a
drama that this same drug was
requested by African nations
but turned down on the ground that it has not yet
been confirmed 'effective' and
too early to be sent to the
Black nations. It is against this
drama that I began to
subscribe to the idea held by some that the EVD is business
backed, probably by the
world economic giants. It
operates thus: let it circulate
them, they'll come begging for
the cure just like in movies. sad
Re: Nigerians Beg Obama For Ebola Virus Vaccine. by slimfit1(m): 5:01pm On Aug 10, 2014
Don't count on president obama, he is thinking like a person in an examination who is not in the mood to give someone answers to people who haven't read their books. We are definitely not thinking hard to really understand his grammar. Like he said you need to go and work on your health system the person you should be talking to is mr Jonathan.
Re: Nigerians Beg Obama For Ebola Virus Vaccine. by size38: 5:01pm On Aug 10, 2014
I say shame on those useless Nigerians begging Obama and the US govt for Ebola vaccine. They should be ashamed for not demanding accountability from their own govt. They should first, ask themselves, how much has our govt invested on Education, Health, Sanitation etc. Last time $20 billion Dollars got disappeared from NNPC .

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Beg Obama For Ebola Virus Vaccine. by slimfit1(m): 5:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
size38: I say shame on those useless Nigerians begging Obama and the US govt for Ebola vaccine. They should be ashamed for not demanding accountability from their own govt. They should first, ask themselves, how much has our govt invested on Education, Health, Sanitation etc. Last time $20 billion Dollars got disappeared from NNPC .

I beg help me tell them oooh always looking for a shortcuts all the time. If Americans keep quiet while there money his being spent recklessly we would not be asking them for help would we.
Re: Nigerians Beg Obama For Ebola Virus Vaccine. by lilprinze: 5:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
i dnt knw y we cnt also sit
down and find or discover our own
cure by our self mst dy help us.
Africa should stp depending on
America and oder countries 4 every
tin dy should learn to b independent.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Writes Fake Security Report To Justify Killings—zakzaky / Ebola Scare:congolese Nun Dies From Deadly Infection. / Publish How You Spent Your Allocations. Kwankwaso Challenges Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.