Stats: 3,156,418 members, 7,830,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Tips On Starting A Successful Domain Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tips On Starting A Successful Domain Business (714 Views)

Is Domain Business Lucrative? / Start Laptop Importation From Home And Domain business reveal / Tips On Starting A Small Scale Supermarket (2) (3) (4)

Tips On Starting A Successful Domain Business by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 10, 2014
There is no doubt that Domain Business is one of the most profitable businesses that requires one of the lowest capital.

With as little as N1,700 to N2,500, your can become a domainer or "subdomainer" as the case maybe.

It also requires patience. If you are not a patient person and in need of fast cash, I suggest you look elsewhere.

I remember selling my first domian name I bought from WHOGOHOST.com at the rate of N1,700 for 1,800 euro(over N300,000) with "Abeg" attached to it sometime last year by a Marketer from Greece. It was a cool experience for me. Never knew someone could pay such an amount till I started learning about the business. I later learnt that some domain names sold for hundreds of thousands and even million in dollars.
fb.com was bought by facebook for a whopping 2 million dollars.

Now, to fly in this business, You must be creative in coining brandable names from two words.
e.g Brilliant Host = Billhost.com
Technology Lane = Techlane.com
Open Market = Openmart.com

You can also combine two full words as a domain name
e.g Zingy Land = zingyland.com (Sold for 1,800 euros)

There are some names that can be crafted from extra creative instincts that can be highly brandable. The idea here is that the name should easily be remembered and pronounced. A good knowledge on human psychology is involved here and I cannot go into details now.
eg includes:
civiletis.com
jagovi.com
jumia.com
konga.com
olx.com
2go.com

Another thing you need to know here is that the shorter, the better.

To be continued.......
Re: Tips On Starting A Successful Domain Business by Drealbunmi(m): 6:15pm On Aug 10, 2014
m in
Re: Tips On Starting A Successful Domain Business by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
Boss, You too wan sell Ur own ebook?
Re: Tips On Starting A Successful Domain Business by OXCUBA: 6:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
madridfc: Boss, You too wan sell Ur own ebook?
GUY OPEN ... YOUR OWN DOMAIN THREAD.

Re: Tips On Starting A Successful Domain Business by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 10, 2014
madridfc: Boss, You too wan sell Ur own ebook?
I never taught of that. U just gave me and idea. But how much can i make from it and who go gree buy? angry

My mission here is to educate and help anybody interested in becoming a successful domainer.

Anyway, I will continue from where i stopped 2mao.
Re: Tips On Starting A Successful Domain Business by Successdude(m): 8:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
Pls i have some names includin a 6letter dot com name. But some of them have no traffic. Only one is valued by valuate.com to have 36000 as frequency and 56 as the search volume. What do these variables entail ? And must a domain name hav traffic b4 it can sell ? Pls reply, i'm new.
Re: Tips On Starting A Successful Domain Business by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
tobicool:
I never taught of that. U just gave me and idea. But how much can i make from it and who go gree buy? angry

My mission here is to educate and help anybody interested in becoming a successful domainer.

Anyway, I will continue from where i stopped 2mao.
U never can tell. Happy lecturing!

Seeking A Nigerian Residing In China To Source Suppliers / OML Projects In Nigeria / How To Make More Than 50,000.00 Naira Daily Using An Evending Machine.