Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,311 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

How Do I Deworm My Dog? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Do I Deworm My Dog? (8271 Views)

My Dog Is Going Blind :'( / Help Me With Breed Of My Dog.(pics Included). / When To Deworm Your Puppy Or Dog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Deworm My Dog? by fnep2smooth(m): 5:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
pls help identify my dog breed and how to deworm him.
He was give to Me as a gift when he was a puppy by my UNCLE and now he is 4months old. Pls help me identify the breed and tell me how to deworm him. Cos last two months was when he took his injection and i didn't know if the viet deworm him.
And lately, He has been shit.ting as if He has worm. And i don't know the kind OF drug to give him cos where am now right now has No viet

pls...... His name is Bully

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by emmyvet(m): 5:38pm On Aug 10, 2014
Goto your vet and ask for drug to deworm your dog
Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by fnep2smooth(m): 5:54pm On Aug 10, 2014
emmyvet: Goto your vet and ask for drug to deworm your dog
am not close to any viet and it will take up to a month to go back to my precious house. So please is it adviseable to give him worme.
Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by emmyvet(m): 5:58pm On Aug 10, 2014
fnep2smooth:
am not close to any viet and it will take up to a month to go back to my precious house. So please is it adviseable to give him worme.
Our drugs and that of pets are not the same look for a vet around you and buy prazizam
Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by kajobo1: 6:17pm On Aug 10, 2014
emmyvet:
Our drugs and that of pets are not the same look for a vet around you and buy prazizam
@emmyvet if someone put the drugs in the dog food will it work well?
Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by fnep2smooth(m): 6:24pm On Aug 10, 2014
emmyvet:
how much can i buy it.
Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by emmyvet(m): 6:26pm On Aug 10, 2014
kajobo1: @emmyvet if someone put the drugs in the dog food will it work well?
Maybe but best open the dog mouth nd put it inside and keep an eye on her to make sure she don't vomit the drug!
Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by emmyvet(m): 6:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
fnep2smooth:
how much can i buy it.
100naira per tablet
Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by fnep2smooth(m): 6:55pm On Aug 10, 2014
emmyvet: 100naira per tablet
ok thanks
Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by fnep2smooth(m): 6:56pm On Aug 10, 2014
emmyvet: 100naira per tablet
do you know the dog breed
Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by Seun(m): 7:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
Giving your dog a deworming tablet that is meant for humans could kill him because some human drugs are very poisonous to dogs. Be careful!

Your dog's shitting (diarrhoea?) may not have anything to do with worms. You should examine his poo. If he has worms, you may see them there.

You need to dedicate a day to your dog and travel to a town that has a good vet doctor and get the vet doctor to examine and treat your dog.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by fnep2smooth(m): 8:39pm On Aug 10, 2014
Seun: Giving your dog a deworming tablet that is meant for humans could kill him because some human drugs are very poisonous to dogs. Be careful!

Your dog's shitting (diarrhoea?) may not have anything to do with worms. You should examine his poo. If he has worms, you may see them there.

You need to dedicate a day to your dog and travel to a town that has a good vet doctor and get the vet doctor to examine and treat your dog.
thanks Oga seun . Am not sure its diarrhoea cos he dont shit anyhow but what i mean is that when he shit in the morning when i take him out. His shit look like worm shit and its been a long time since he took worm drug. Am planning to see a viet on wednesday cos thats when i will be free at work but i have to travel to the place which is a bit far from where am right now.
Thats for the advise.
whats the breed pls
Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by Akunyun(m): 9:01pm On Aug 10, 2014
fnep2smooth:
thanks Oga seun . Am not sure its diarrhoea cos he dont shit anyhow but what i mean is that when he shit in the morning when i take him out. His shit look like worm shit and its been a long time since he took worm drug. Am planning to see a viet on wednesday cos thats when i will be free at work but i have to travel to the place which is a bit far from where am right now.
Thats for the advise.
whats the breed pls
The breed is called EKUKE grin

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by Mckandre(m): 9:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
spotless local dog. wait o bros ,did you dock the tail? and the dog even cross leg, that kinda attitude reminds me of the one I had .
Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by fnep2smooth(m): 9:56pm On Aug 10, 2014
Akunyun:
The breed is called EKUKE grin
abeg be serious. What is ekuke

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by Seun(m): 9:58pm On Aug 10, 2014
fnep2smooth: whats the breed pls
It's a mixed breed with some Rott genes.

Akunyun: The breed is called EKUKE grin
Mckandre: spotless local dog.
It's not a pure local dog. They don't come in those colors.

Mckandre: wait o bros ,did you dock the tail?
The original seller probably docked the tail so he could sell it as a Rottweiler.
Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by Akunyun(m): 9:59pm On Aug 10, 2014
fnep2smooth:
abeg be serious. What is ekuke
It means mongrel, mutt, Africanis, Nigerian local dog. Furthermore, don't say local dogs don't come in such colors, they do my brother.
Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by Seun(m): 10:01pm On Aug 10, 2014
Akunyun: It means mongrel, mutt, Africanis, Nigerian local dog.
The Nigerian hunting dog is a distinct breed. A mongrel or a mutt is just a mixture of different breeds, which may or may not include the Ekuke.
Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by Akunyun(m): 10:05pm On Aug 10, 2014
Seun:
The Nigerian hunting dog is a distinct breed. A mongrel or a mutt is just a mixture of different breeds, which may or may not include the Ekuke.
OK. But Ekuke could be a local dog, it could also refer to a dog with no specific breed or origin.
Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by fnep2smooth(m): 10:06pm On Aug 10, 2014
Akunyun:
It means mongrel, mutt, Africanis, Nigerian local dog. Furthermore, don't say local dogs don't come in such colors, they do my brother.
you funny bro. Am not a fool not to know the different between local dog and the foreign dog.
Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by Akunyun(m): 10:07pm On Aug 10, 2014
fnep2smooth:
you funny bro. Am not a fool not to know the different between local dog and the foreign dog.

So.. are you trying to say this is a foreign breed?
Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by fnep2smooth(m): 10:12pm On Aug 10, 2014
Mckandre: spotless local dog. wait o bros ,did you dock the tail? and the dog even cross leg, that kinda attitude reminds me of the one I had .
i am the one that dock the tail. They were two , the female one die cos we didn't immunised her few weeks when she was born so he die of the infection. He male on is the one that survive
Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by fnep2smooth(m): 10:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
Akunyun:
So.. are you trying to say this is a foreign breed?
am saying it loud. His mother and father is still in my uncle house. They gave birth to 8 so he gave Me two. Male and female before the female die
Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by Seun(m): 10:15pm On Aug 10, 2014
fnep2smooth: you funny bro. Am not a fool not to know the difference between local dog and the foreign dog.
If you're not planning to breed the puppy,then it does not matter. Your puppy is a mix between a local dog and a foreign dog, and that's ok

Akunyun: OK. But Ekuke could be a local dog, it could also refer to a dog with no specific breed or origin.
Local dog should mean a dog that has a local origin. This dog has some foreign genes (rott), so he is not purely local, but he is a mongrel.

fnep2smooth: i am the one that dock the tail.
Why?
Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by Akunyun(m): 10:18pm On Aug 10, 2014
Seun:
If you're not planning to breed the puppy,then it does not matter. Your puppy is a mix between a local dog and a foreign dog, and that's ok

Local dog should mean a dog that has a local origin. This dog has some foreign genes (rott), so he is not purely local, but he is a mongrel.

Why?
NOTED

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by Akunyun(m): 10:21pm On Aug 10, 2014
Seun:

Why?
He said that because it will be bad to breed it... imagine what the product will look like and who will even buy it?
Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by fnep2smooth(m): 10:22pm On Aug 10, 2014
Seun:

Local dog should means a dog that has a local origin. This dog has some foreign genes (rott), so he is not purely local, but he is a mongrel.
i think i will disagree on the local dog. He is not a rott cos i dock the tail when he was little.
If you could remember when a created a thread early this year, how i dock my two dog which you were angry with what i did cause its not normal to dock such breed.
this is the dog. So i believe He a cross breed assecian cos her sister that die is a sure breed
Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by Akunyun(m): 10:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
fnep2smooth:
i think i will disagree on the local dog. He is not a rott cos i dock the tail when he was little.
If you could remember when a created a thread early this year, how i dock my two dog which you were angry with what i did cause its not normal to dock such breed.
this is the dog. So i believe He a cross breed assecian cos her sister that die is a sure breed
Cross breed of alsatian and what?
Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by fnep2smooth(m): 10:24pm On Aug 10, 2014
If you guys want. I can upload more pix tomorrow when i come back from work
Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by fnep2smooth(m): 10:26pm On Aug 10, 2014
Akunyun: Cross breed of alsatian and what?
thats what i don't know. Am not use to this kind of dog . And its my first time to raise dog. So am not familiar with there name or breed
Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by Akunyun(m): 10:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
fnep2smooth:
thats what i don't know. Am not use to this kind of dog . And its my first time to raise dog. So am not familiar with there name or breed
please post pictures tomorrow.. papa, mama, dead sister too. Post as much as possible
Re: How Do I Deworm My Dog? by fnep2smooth(m): 10:33pm On Aug 10, 2014
Akunyun: please post pictures tomorrow.. papa, mama, dead sister too. Post as much as possible
you funny bro.
I stay alone and far from my uncle. I stays in lugbe and my uncle stays in wuse zone 5 so going there tommorow is not possible. Am only uploading the dog pix with a proper phone so that you can see the clear pix and you can now decide.
Thanks for your advise

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cat Owners Association Of Nairaland / German Rottweiler Puppies 4 Sale / Any Dog For Adoption. Kindly Holla Us.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.