Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,603 members, 7,827,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Fashion Designers In The House Please Help - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Fashion Designers In The House Please Help (1823 Views)

A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER / That's Sew Naija! - Fashion Designers,tailors,accessory/jewelry Makers, Join In! / Fashion Designers Enquiry? Who Knows The Best Of The Best?/ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashion Designers In The House Please Help by ladycomfort(f): 9:47am On Aug 11, 2014
I intend to learn about fashion designing and i need a fashion designer to help me with these questions

1. Is it difficult to learn?
2. How many months or years will it take me to fully acquire this skill.
3. What are the pros and cons of fashion designing?
Re: Fashion Designers In The House Please Help by leemarhsparkz(f): 8:17pm On Aug 11, 2014
ladycomfort: I intend to learn about fashion designing and i need a fashion designer to help me with these questions

...fashion designin involves creativity...n NO...it z not difficult to learn if truly u have passion 4 it....oda people find it difficult wen dey r into it because dere parents want dem 2 or dy r forced 2..i only used 6 months n now i can sew for myself,it all depends on how fast u r able to observ n ask questions...ask questnz frm ur boss...n practice wat u'v observed or learnt.....my own view tho'...
Re: Fashion Designers In The House Please Help by omoaderuwe(f): 9:16pm On Aug 11, 2014
ladycomfort: I intend to learn about fashion designing and i need a fashion designer to help me with these questions

Learning isn't difficult,like it was stated earlier,its gt to do wiv creativity and also ur passion.............ur passion is very important as this will make u stay and try harder rather dn give up when u feel u r nt getting it ryt .............it takes as long as u want........basically,all u need Is d basics then ur creativity cums in2 play..............and lastly,like my boss will say,any error made by a designer is a fashion statement,so feel free and have 4n
Re: Fashion Designers In The House Please Help by quin9(f): 12:24am On Aug 12, 2014
Pros:
make lovely dresses,make people happy, make money. ..
Cons:
disappointing people and Lying!

No vex oh
Re: Fashion Designers In The House Please Help by ladycomfort(f): 9:18am On Aug 12, 2014
Thanks everyone for your responses. Another question is should i get a sewing machine as soon as i start the training so as to engage myself in private practice at home.
Re: Fashion Designers In The House Please Help by leemarhsparkz(f): 12:50pm On Aug 12, 2014
sure u can....so u can practice during ur leisure time!
Re: Fashion Designers In The House Please Help by ogeuno: 3:39pm On Aug 12, 2014
The rate at which u'll learn depends on U and the person you are learning from. Here in Lagos, there are ogas (especially if you are learnin from a yoruba woman) who will expect you to cook, wash and run errands for them. In this condition, it'll take you longer period of time to learn.
Another problem is learning from some1 who doesn't get much jobs, in this case u'll have limited experience to work with.
You have to be patient and creative if you want to be a fashion designer and yes, you can get a machine as soon as you start learning, if you can't, brown paper, hand needle and thread will do it for you until you can get your machine.

I had to learn how to sew after NYSC, this was after I searched for job for a whole year and still counting.......
Re: Fashion Designers In The House Please Help by ucheody: 6:10pm On Aug 12, 2014
Any good n affordable ideas on places to go for learnin in lagos mainland?
Re: Fashion Designers In The House Please Help by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 12, 2014
there's a good fashion school, i know...amongst the first 5 best schools in nija. and its on the mainland, Fadeyi. You can call these numbers to enquire 08025726647 or 07036363881.

thank me,later smiley
Re: Fashion Designers In The House Please Help by hardeorlah: 2:08am On Aug 20, 2014
Fashion is all abt dedication of both d oga n d learner,am stil undergoing training nw,I started two months ago n I know wat av aquire,atleast I can sow a little bit,bt d most important is to learn hw to cut cloth,joining of cloth togeda is so easy
Re: Fashion Designers In The House Please Help by chicblink: 7:20am On Aug 03, 2021
Get ur woven label for fashion designer....call me on 07055965296

(1) (Reply)

7 African Skincare Brands Worth Knowing / Best Price You Can Get Hair Extensions For Different Occasions From Itunumore / Ladies Shoes Available And Over Affordable!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.