Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,051 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Does Your Android Phone GPS Come On By Itself? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does Your Android Phone GPS Come On By Itself? (1035 Views)

How To Use Your Phone GPS / How Beautiful Does Your Phone Keyboard Looks (pics) / How Long Does Your Smartphone's Battery Last? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Your Android Phone GPS Come On By Itself? by nenergy(m): 11:41am On Aug 11, 2014
So I noticed yesterday that my phone's GPS keeps coming on automatically. So I did a Google search and found that its not an uncommon problem. Many replies said an app is responsible and installing or force stopping the app would solve the problem. Others said it an OS issue and formatting the phone is the solution. But one guy blamed a particular network (Verizon). So I removed switched my data from Etisalat to MTN and the wahala stopped.

Anyone experienced this?
Re: Does Your Android Phone GPS Come On By Itself? by ITbomb(m): 9:33am On Sep 11, 2014
I think you are right, it is from the gsm network.
Is that not an invasion of privacy?
Re: Does Your Android Phone GPS Come On By Itself? by nenergy(m): 10:27am On Sep 13, 2014
ITbomb: I think you are right, it is from the gsm network.
Is that not an invasion of privacy?
The wanna know where you're calling from. smiley

(1) (Reply)

How To Root Any Andriod Tablet Including Andriod 4.4 And Above / How To Hide Your Android Apps And Files From Your Spouse / Help! My Infinx Hot Note Not Fast Charging Again And Not Detected On PC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.