Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,620 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister (20938 Views)

Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister / First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister / Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister by rastamouse: 11:47am On Aug 11, 2014
Contrary to some comments here on nairaland, the health minister of Ghana announced on Monday that all the suspected cases of Ebola have returned negative results.

Test results from samples of suspected Ebola cases from the Ashanti, Eastern and Upper East Regions have all proven negative, government has revealed.

There was fear and panic across the country following the death of a man who crossed the border from Pusiga in the Upper East Region to seek health healthcare at Bawku.

A similar incident was reported at Nsawam in the Eastern Region on Saturday when authorities at the Government Hospital quarantined two suspects who had reported at the facility with symptoms of the deadly virus.

But samples taken from all the cases - four from Ashanti, two from Nsawam and one from Bawku - tested at the Noguchi Memorial Centre have shown no traces of the virus in any of the patients, according to government sources.

The Presidency will be meeting the Inter Ministerial Action Group on Ebola Monday, August 11, 2014 at the Flagstaff House to evaluate Ghana's Ebola Response Strategy so far.

The meeting will be chaired by the Chief of Staff, Mr. Prospoer Bani.

There is no known cure for the deadly virus but the World Health Organisation hopes to find a vaccine by 2015.

“I think it’s realistic”, Marie-Paule Kieny, Assistant Director General of the World Health Organisation (WHO) told AFP, with clinical trials expected to get underway soon.

The epidemic, which has mostly affected Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia, has been declared an international public health emergency by the WHO.

Source
http://www.m.myjoyonline.com/marticles/news/results-of-ebola-tests-from-ashanti-bawku-nsawam-negative

1 Like

Re: No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister by 1stola: 12:10pm On Aug 11, 2014
The west African borders are very porous.
I could travel to Ghanian without passing through any security checks.
Ghanaians shouldn't get too cocky to think no one has it yet in their country.
It's only a matter of time before the truth comes out.
I wish them luck.

6 Likes

Re: No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
No comment and this hits homepage? How reliable is the source anyway??

Mod take time o angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister by 1stola: 12:12pm On Aug 11, 2014

I'm a Nigerian and a Medical Practitioner (Laboratory
Technologist)
and, I am still willing to help... I have written to many top
government health agencies through their website and still
waiting on their response.
I will really love to work with anyone or group working on any
medication for preventions or cure of the diseases or to help
take care of Ebola patients.
I wouldn't mind to travel to any African country where the
disease has killed lots of people.
#This is not a public stunt!
I just want to contribute my quarter in order to curtail this
'epidermic'
#Somebody just have to do something before this thing gets
out of hands
I'm currently working in a private research laboratory and, I'll
just love to volunteer.
Should anyone here have any information or link, please help!
I'm also currently doing a research on how prevent the spread
and possibly, to find a the remedy for the disease.
Please, who knows how I can go about it?

my link
https://www.nairaland.com/1847993/love-volunteer-take-care-
ebola

16 Likes

Re: No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 11, 2014
Awon weyrey!!! Just imagining how there black and ugly skin would look like when hit with the Ebola Virus!!!

2 Likes

Re: No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister by overhypedsteve(m): 12:14pm On Aug 11, 2014
Its kind of childish the way african nations relate this days. Instead of joining other brother nations to join in combating this desease we re still hearing selfish declaration of a delusional sanctuary. When even the US that is not at all affected is sending 50 doctors to africa. And even volunteers and charities in nigeria are sending financial, material and spiritual support to liberia. We re still hearing words that are targeted at undermining the efforts by other countries and organisations in curbing the virus. Oga health minister. I know there is no ebola case in ghana but can you ask yourself this question. "for how long can that be maintained if we do not kill the virus from it root source?

18 Likes

Re: No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister by CocoaOla: 12:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
For the first time in my life i saw
people get on a bus one by one in
Oshodi No pushing, No Touching.
Ebola has given Nigerians manners

Ha Ghana can lie oh

whey na holy holy them they form Abu na watin?

21 Likes

Re: No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister by MillionDollars: 12:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
Nigeria said the same thing few weeks ago; and now...........

1 Like

Re: No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister by englishmart(m): 12:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
You don see Nigeria Wey ebola dey Na.

See Kofi say no ebola for Ghana.
In terry G's voice " you can only run pass ebola when you run mad" grin grin grin

You go gree tell us true?

Well time shall tell.

And if time tells,

We shall close our borders

2 Likes

Re: No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister by wazobiaN9(m): 12:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
Good news! West Africa needs to contain this disease, and ensure an eventual eradication. Ebola has no place here!

2 Likes

Re: No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister by overhypedsteve(m): 12:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
1stola:
I'm a Nigerian and a Medical Practitioner (Laboratory
Technologist)
and, I am still willing to help... I have written to many top
government health agencies through their website and still
waiting on their response.
I will really love to work with anyone or group working on any
medication for preventions or cure of the diseases or to help
take care of Ebola patients.
I wouldn't mind to travel to any African country where the
disease has killed lots of people.
#This is not a public stunt!
I just want to contribute my quarter in order to curtail this
'epidermic'
#Somebody just have to do something before this thing gets
out of hands
I'm currently working in a private research laboratory and, I'll
just love to volunteer.
Should anyone here have any information or link, please help!
I'm also currently doing a research on how prevent the spread
and possibly, to find a the remedy for the disease.
Please, who knows how I can go about it?

my link
https://www.nairaland.com/1847993/love-volunteer-take-care-
ebola
this one wan die a small pikin. Hand dey scratch am to go touch ebola. Oya i volunteer i go join you. But you must give me bullet proof and helmet for protection. Ndo.
Re: No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister by iheanyi40(m): 12:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
Good

1 Like

Re: No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister by sirjohnson(m): 12:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ghana is lucky. Just came across this news that another Nurse in Lagos has contracted Ebola. Read it here: www.dy5qtjwz5mi

2 Likes

Re: No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister by AriDsexy(f): 12:16pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ok,good to know,let all connecting boarders be closed for now.Juliet Ibrahim should be happy with this piece of information grin.
Re: No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister by Sweetlemon(f): 12:16pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ghana is not Nigeria. Ghanians have been careful and watchful right from the time the recent outbreak started.

Ghana is closer to affected countries yet they still don't have it. Do you think it's magic? sheer luck or the grace of God?

No!

Every single Ghanian has been careful. The Government has been on 24/7 alert while the citizens have been taking all necessary precautions.

But here in Nigeria. Mbanu. If we are not making up conspiracy theories about America trying to wipe out Africa, we are blaming enemies in the village or waiting for the government to come and teach us basic hygiene. Do you know some people still think ebola is a hoax?? Some believe that ebola cannot get to them no matter what. They have this "nothing dey happen" mentality. Some are confident that covering themselves with the blood of Jesus without taking other necessary precautions is ok for them.
As for the States and especially federal governments, na only God go deal with dem.

Nigeria sha!

29 Likes

Re: No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister by hydeka: 12:17pm On Aug 11, 2014
The fact that all test results returned negative doesn't reduce the seriousness of the threat. Can they account for what may be happening at the moment? People should still be on alert. No where is safe until it is confirmed that ebola has disappeared because the thief next door is also a threat to every other house in the vicinity.

1 Like

Re: No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 11, 2014
Don't compare us OK, this is not a competition
Sweetlemon: Ghana is not Nigeria. Ghanians have been careful and watchful right from the time the recent outbreak started.

Ghana is closer to affected countries yet they still don't have it. Do you think it's magic? sheer luck or the grace of God?

No!

Every single Ghanian has been careful. The Government has been on 24/7 alert while the citizens have been taking all necessary precautions.

7 Likes

Re: No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister by MillionDollars: 12:18pm On Aug 11, 2014
englishmart: .mhy
space keeper!! ''.mhy''

12 Likes

Re: No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister by overhypedsteve(m): 12:18pm On Aug 11, 2014
Sweetlemon: Ghana is not Nigeria. Ghanians have been careful and watchful right from the time the recent outbreak started.

No!

rash words. Very rash words borne out of hate and envy. Very rash words

5 Likes

Re: No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
In Ghana or not, one still need to take precaution.

2 Likes

Re: No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister by wazobiaN9(m): 12:20pm On Aug 11, 2014

No!

You are a very simple minded human being.. a.k.a a fool.

To have alluded that ebola is not in Ghana due to the watchfulness of the government and people 24/7, you just won yourself the 'ebola award' for the fool of the month.

10 Likes

Re: No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister by overhypedsteve(m): 12:21pm On Aug 11, 2014
Gy

1 Like

Re: No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister by Gepheral: 12:21pm On Aug 11, 2014
Thank God for them

Mods pls, Am Awaiting the Nairaland's touch here
---- > https://www.nairaland.com/1849627/please-nairalander-win-skales-shakebody#25392194
Re: No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister by overhypedsteve(m): 12:21pm On Aug 11, 2014
H
Re: No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister by Nacl: 12:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
The negative results might be true... No sensible govt will hide the true results of an ebola analysis from its people or the world.
Re: No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister by kendrick93(m): 12:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
well nigeria should block all flights frm ghana
Re: No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister by alentyno: 12:23pm On Aug 11, 2014
Re: No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister by sexyjessy(f): 12:23pm On Aug 11, 2014
CocoaOla: For the first time in my life i saw
people get on a bus one by one in
Oshodi No pushing, No Touching.
Ebola has given Nigerians manners

Ha Ghana can lie oh

whey na holy holy them they form Abu na watin?

hheheheehheehhehe no pushin? wow grin
Re: No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister by victorazy(m): 12:24pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ghana is on gay (USA) side
Why would they be affected?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Postpone Your Deaths Till Our Strike Is Over-mortuary Staff Union Tells Ghanains / Babcock University Teaching Hospital Performs First Successful Spinal Surgery / Sexuality- How To Last Longer In Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.