Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

15 Year Old Invents Device That Generates Electricity While You Walk - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 15 Year Old Invents Device That Generates Electricity While You Walk (971 Views)

Ayokunle Adeniran Invents A ‘Nepaless’ Iron / Now You Can Generate Electricity While You Walk On This Floor(Pictures & Video) / Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

15 Year Old Invents Device That Generates Electricity While You Walk by collins125: 11:53am On Aug 11, 2014
This 11-Year-Old Invented A Way To Charge Your Phone With Your Shoes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc4CD1aEFwE

There's nothing quite as annoying -- or panic-inducing -- as having a dying phone battery with no charger in sight. But thanks to one 15-year-old whiz kid, that problem might soon be solved.

Filipino teen Angelo Casimiro has invented a special kind of footwear that can generate electricity simply by walking. By doing so, it can charge small battery-operated devices like smartphones.

"The average human takes 7,000 steps a day. So I asked myself, 'Maybe it's possible to harvest electricity through our footsteps. Maybe I can charge my phone or my flashlight with it,'" says Casimiro in his Google Science Fair 2014 entry.

Watch Casimiro describe his project above.

According to InterAksyon.com, one of Casimiro's experiments gave his phone 10 minutes of battery power by playing basketball for two hours straight.

"I'm a Filipino. I live in the Philippines. And just by looking around my surroundings, I can see that a lot of people are suffering from poverty," explains Casimiro. "A simple source of light is a big deal for people who don't have electricity."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/10/angelo-casimiro-charge-phone-with-shoes_n_5480124.html
Re: 15 Year Old Invents Device That Generates Electricity While You Walk by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 11, 2014
Hnnnnnnm....

Cool!
Re: 15 Year Old Invents Device That Generates Electricity While You Walk by Dexpro: 2:48pm On Aug 11, 2014
That lad needs more encouragement. Cool invention though.

(1) (Reply)

The Academy Of Achievement Series: Science, Medicine, Technology And Research. / See How This Young Lagos Boy Felt After Flying A Drone For The First Time.Photos / What’s The Difference Between 3G, 4G And LTE?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.