Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Is It Inappropriate For A Lady To Cook For Her Boyfriend - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Inappropriate For A Lady To Cook For Her Boyfriend (1022 Views)

His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him / Hilariously Inappropriate Spelling Mistakes By Kids (pics). / 22 Children’s Hilariously Inappropriate Spelling Mistakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Inappropriate For A Lady To Cook For Her Boyfriend by simplyglow: 3:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
my boyfriend resides in lag but i skul in benin.just got bak frm skul and he has been complaining of not feeding well.as a gud girlfriend i offered to cook for him but my big sis is so against it cos we're not married yet..fellw nairalanders is it inappropriate to cook for a guy one is nt yet married to?
Re: Is It Inappropriate For A Lady To Cook For Her Boyfriend by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 11, 2014
i dont think it matters undecided
but not that you'd now become his personal cook

2 Likes

Re: Is It Inappropriate For A Lady To Cook For Her Boyfriend by MizMyColi(f): 3:54pm On Aug 11, 2014
Y'know, when our Elder ones kick against certain things, its not to spite us but to help us avoid the mistake they or others that they know made.

For something as seemingly innocuous as cooking for a boyfriend, there just might be outcomes, not directly related to your cooking for him which would come off as unpalatable.

There is a right time for everything. Now that you both are still in school, you might wanna avoid that [Believe me dear, you should].
When he owns a house of his [even if its a semi-self contain grin] and you are sure you two are getting married, you might wanna consider the idea then.

How about cooking the food in your house and taking it to him? [Just don't let him get used to it] If you're not so keen on who prepares the food, you could try eating out too.

See Babe, Enough of the english already joor! cheesy

If You Try am, You don set yourself up for Irreparable SEE-FINISH!!

kiss

5 Likes

Re: Is It Inappropriate For A Lady To Cook For Her Boyfriend by simplyglow: 4:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
[quote author=MizMyColi]Y'know, when our Elder ones kick against certain things, its not to spite us but to help us avoid the mistake they or others that they know made.

For something as seemingly innocuous as cooking for a boyfriend, there just might be outcomes, not directly related to your cooking for him which would come off as unpalatable.

There is a right time for everything. Now that you both are still in school, you might wanna avoid that [Believe me dear, you should].
When he owns a house of his [even if its a semi-self contain grin] and you are sure you two are getting married, you might wanna consider the idea then.

How about cooking the food in your house and taking it to him? [Just don't let him get used to it] If you're not so keen on who prepares the food, you could try eating out too.

See Babe, Enough of the english already joor! cheesy

If You Try am, You don set yourself up for Irreparable SEE-FINISH!!

kiss
[/quo

lols
he is done wit skul,working,n lives on his own.i'm d 1 still in skul.besides he doesn't like eating out.at times he doesnt eat 4 lik 2 days n dat bothers me so much.

1 Like

Re: Is It Inappropriate For A Lady To Cook For Her Boyfriend by MizMyColi(f): 4:18pm On Aug 11, 2014
simplyglow:
Oh, Okay..... its not such a bad idea.

imho don't let him get used to it.

Give him one more reason to put a ring on it wink
Re: Is It Inappropriate For A Lady To Cook For Her Boyfriend by sexylogan(m): 4:26pm On Aug 11, 2014
MizMyColi: Oh, Okay..... its not such a bad idea.

imho don't let him get used to it.

Give him one more reason to put a ring on it wink

Another reason?
Re: Is It Inappropriate For A Lady To Cook For Her Boyfriend by MizMyColi(f): 4:27pm On Aug 11, 2014
sexylogan:

Another reason?
None. Just put a ring on it already joor! cheesy cheesy
Re: Is It Inappropriate For A Lady To Cook For Her Boyfriend by sexylogan(m): 4:28pm On Aug 11, 2014
simplyglow: my boyfriend resides in lag but i skul in benin.just got bak frm skul and he has been complaining of not feeding well.as a gud girlfriend i offered to cook for him but my big sis is so against it cos we're not married yet..fellw nairalanders is it inappropriate to cook for a guy one is nt yet married to?

An occasional meal for ur bf is ok but don't do it too often. You're his gf, not his wife.
You should be cooking for him out of free will, not under compulsion.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Inappropriate For A Lady To Cook For Her Boyfriend by sexylogan(m): 4:29pm On Aug 11, 2014
MizMyColi: None. Just put a ring on it already joor! cheesy cheesy

That's what I was thinking Jarey. smiley
If he wants to be eating her food always, he should simply marry her.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Inappropriate For A Lady To Cook For Her Boyfriend by MizMyColi(f): 4:32pm On Aug 11, 2014
sexylogan:

Na that one sure pass. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It Inappropriate For A Lady To Cook For Her Boyfriend by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 11, 2014
Different strokes, there is no universal rule that works for everyone.
Do what your mind tells you.

Me I would say help him make some soups, while at him teach him too so he can learn and not turn you into a personal chef.
Some people would appreciate you, some would not and take you for granted thats life but one persons experience is not everybodys experience.

Most impoartantly do it because you want to do it and not because you want to use it as an edge over him eg (after all the cooking I cooked for you, this is how you pay me back. Do it with an open mind if you choose to.

Face your studies most importantly, You are in school to read not to play wife, if at anytime it clashes with your studies, your studies superceeds

3 Likes

Re: Is It Inappropriate For A Lady To Cook For Her Boyfriend by simplyglow: 4:40pm On Aug 11, 2014
sexylogan:

he's ready 4 marriage ..but am nt..am 21 n still in skul
Re: Is It Inappropriate For A Lady To Cook For Her Boyfriend by crackhaus: 4:43pm On Aug 11, 2014
simplyglow:
lols
he is done wit skul,working,n lives on his own.i'm
d 1 still in skul.besides he doesn't like eating
out. at times he doesnt eat 4 lik 2 days n dat
bothers me so much.
This your boyfriend though, he doesn't eat for 2days? This is an exaggeration right?

Anyway for someone who doesn't like eating out, he better learn how to cook instead of going on hunger strike.

Quick question before I go further;
Do you stay at his place as a live-in girlfriend whenever you're on breaks from school?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Inappropriate For A Lady To Cook For Her Boyfriend by simplyglow: 4:46pm On Aug 11, 2014
aisha2: Different strokes, there is no universal rule that works for everyone.
Do what your mind tells you.

Me I would say help him make some soups, while at him teach him too so he can learn and not turn you into a personal chef.
Some people would appreciate you, some would not and take you for granted thats life but one persons experience is not everybodys experience.

Most impoartantly do it because you want to do it and not because you want to use it as an edge over him eg (after all the cooking I cooked for you, this is how you pay me back. Do it with an open mind if you choose to.

Face your studies most importantly, You are in school to read not to play wife, if at anytime it clashes with your studies, your studies superceeds

he resides in lagos and i skul in benin so i only get to see him during d holidays..so it doesn't interfere wit my studies.
he neva forces me to cook for him i do it cos i care.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Inappropriate For A Lady To Cook For Her Boyfriend by simplyglow: 4:51pm On Aug 11, 2014
crackhaus:
This your boyfriend though, he doesn't eat for 2days? This is an exaggeration right?

Anyway for someone who doesn't like eating out, he better learn how to cook instead of going on hunger strike.

Quick question before I go further;
Do you stay at his place as a live-in girlfriend whenever you're on breaks from school?

lols..i also wonder how he manages for 2 days witout food.
i dont live wit him.his place is nt far frm where i stay so i visit him often.

1 Like

Re: Is It Inappropriate For A Lady To Cook For Her Boyfriend by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 11, 2014
simplyglow:
he resides in lagos and i skul in benin so i only get to see him during d holidays..so it doesn't interfere wit my studies.
he neva forces me to cook for him i do it cos i care.

As long as you do it out of love, go with your heart dear, everyones experience is different. Some men appreciate it some dont, you know who you are dating every thing is an experience
Re: Is It Inappropriate For A Lady To Cook For Her Boyfriend by crackhaus: 5:04pm On Aug 11, 2014
simplyglow:

lols..i also wonder how he manages for 2 days witout food.
i dont live wit him.his place is nt far frm where i stay so i visit him often.
Okay.

It's fine to cook for him as long as it's what you want to do.
But if he's starving himself just because he feels you're around to help, then that makes no sense whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: Is It Inappropriate For A Lady To Cook For Her Boyfriend by perry2020(f): 5:30pm On Aug 11, 2014
To me ooo.i reali luv cooking asin I prefare t to anyoda thing.i cook for my bf n e luvs my cooking n even miss it sumtyms bt d disadvantage is just dnt let him get used to it coz it's gonna be a big problem dear most especially f e luvs good food lik myn.but him knowing u no how to cook n luv ur cooking is a ++++.it's just over religious people that c t as a taboo that f u do different tinz begin to come in like sex n all.who doesn't av sex anyways

1 Like

Re: Is It Inappropriate For A Lady To Cook For Her Boyfriend by beeevan: 7:37pm On Aug 11, 2014
The not eating for two days part is a big lie, cook if you want to cook but please don't include washing his jeans because you go wash tire. Whatever hand you follow him with now, be ready to continue in marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Inappropriate For A Lady To Cook For Her Boyfriend by KanwuliaJara: 7:52pm On Aug 11, 2014
As long as HE WENT TO THE MARKET AND BOUGHT THE GROCERY with his own money! kiss
Re: Is It Inappropriate For A Lady To Cook For Her Boyfriend by sexylogan(m): 11:13pm On Aug 11, 2014
MizMyColi: Na that one sure pass. cheesy

Most men prefer to hav all the benefits of a relationship without the commitments. Unfortunate.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Love And Single Mum / Can She Accept Him Him Just Like That? / What Is The Prescription For Anger?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.