Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Where Angels Thread - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Where Angels Thread (1029 Views)

Angels Live Here / Da Vinci Code For Angels And Demons:who Wanna Deal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Angels Thread by mimiy05: 10:25pm On Aug 11, 2014
A sneek peek at some chapters in my new book. This story is purely fiction and any similarities between any of the characters and any person(s) living or dead is purely co-incidental. Enjoy...
Re: Where Angels Thread by mimiy05: 10:47pm On Aug 11, 2014
~ONE~

The sharp peal of the doorbell startled Nnedi. She couldn't believe she had slept off. Quickly, she stood up, adjusted her dress and checked the time. It was 6pm already and she hoped it was John at the door. Today marked seven years of marriage for her and John and they had decided to spend the evening together in the newly opened Eko Signature Hotel. Their two children were staying at her mother's place for the night so the couple could enjoy their evening..and night without any interruptions.
’Its about time____’ Nnedi was cut short. It wasn't her husband at the door.
'Hello Nnedi'
'You? What in hades are you doing here?' Nnedi asked. Almost immediately she was grabbed and her mouth gagged. From the corner of her eye, she saw the syringe being injected to the side of her neck but she could do nothing more than slip into the waiting darkness.
Re: Where Angels Thread by mimiy05: 11:30pm On Aug 11, 2014
Engineer John Ikeh smiled sheepishly as he paid for the sexy lingerie and expensive perfume he had picked for his wife. Tonight was going to be the grandmother of all nights. He planned to spoil his wife. He imagined the look she'd have when she saw the red range rover sports he had asked to be brought to the hotel where they'd be spending their evening.
His mind wandered back to the first day he met Nnedi.He was in his third year in Unilag then. He and his two closest friend Sam and Tito had a regular routine. Every Saturday, they'd go round town looking for where wedding receptions or birthday parties were holding and attend. After eating and drinking, Tito, who had the post of spokesperson would go to the caterers serving the food. None of his friends knew how he did it, only that he usually came back with enough food packs that could feed them for three days.
On that fateful Saturday, however, Tito was not available. He had travelled some days back to take care of his sick mother in the village so he and Sam had decided to try their luck without Tito. They found a wedding and John volunteered to get the food packs. He approached a lady he had just seen serve food to some guests. 'Hi dear. My name is Daniel, i'm the grooms very very..em..close...friend...i mean cousin..yes i'm the grooms cousin'. The smile the Lady wore minutes ago faded instantly. 'Groom's cousin? From where please?' She asked. 'Em..it doesn't matter. What matters is my cousin said you should give me about 10 take away packs and some drinks for some of his friends that just arrived' John said. The Lady still didn't look convinced. 'Where are they sitted?' She asked. 'They're outside' John replied. Now the lady smiled. 'You say you are Damian's cousin?' she asked. 'Damian? oh..of course Damian...i call him Dam ma man. He's my best cousin in fact. I'm Very close to the family, his siblings, parents...you know' John said. And her smile faded again. 'I'll tell you what i know sir. I am Damian's sister and i sure as hell don't know you. So please leave this hall before i cause a scene'.
Re: Where Angels Thread by mimiy05: 11:13am On Sep 24, 2014
ok...so I'm back to continue ma story...to my readers(if i have any grin) take a seat, relax and enjoy
Re: Where Angels Thread by mimiy05: 11:39am On Sep 24, 2014
CONTD
John had never felt so embarrassed in his life. He felt his dignity being stripped off him "i'm really sorry..em...I'll just be on my way now" he said walking back to where Sam was . "Let's go man" he said dejectedly. Sam burst into an uncontrollable laughter making various eyes glance towards him. "I'm sorry johnny boy but i just knew you couldn't pull it off" Sam said. john was about to reply when someone tapped him from behind. He turned around and found himself staring into the brown eyes of the most beautiful lady he had ever seen. "I'm sorry but i overheard your conversation with my elder sister. While I'm not happy that you lied, i know we have more than enough food that would eventually go to waste so here, take this" The lady handed him a carrier bag. John took it reluctantly. "Thank you" he said. She smiled at him and quickly hurried away.
When he and Sam got back to the hostel, all he could think about was the beautiful angel whose name he didn't even know and whom he may never see again. But as fate would have it, he saw her again, years later when he came back to the university to collect his transcript. She was in her 400 level in the same university studying optometry. He made sure he collected her number and her address and that was how their relationship started.
A phone call brought him back to the present. He got into his car, put the gifts on the back seat and picked the call. His countenance immediately changed. " What sort of joke is this?" he shouted at the person on the other end of the line. He cut the call and drove off at a very high speed. oh God...not his Nnedi he prayed silently.
Re: Where Angels Thread by mimiy05: 12:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
The front of his house looked like a scene in a nollywood movie. A few police vehicles were packed just outside the gate and the crowd was overwhelming. He packed behind a police vehicle and squeezed his way into his compound.
"John, thank God you're here" Blessing, one of his neighbours who was in tears said. "What happened Blessing. What happened!!" he screamed loosening his tie. A police man tried to calm him down. I was going up to my flat when i saw a man carrying Nnedi in his shoulders coming down the stairs. I noticed she was unconscious and i suspected something was amiss. The next thing i knew, he was pointing a gun at me. He told me to be quiet and that i was going to get him safely to where he packed his car else he'd kill me. I'm sorry John, i really am" Blessing said. John immediately sat on the floor. "Did you see the plate number of the car? would you recognise him if you saw him again?" John asked. Blessing shook her head. I might be able to recognise him but i didn't even remember to look at the plate number or even the car model, i was in shock john. I only know it was a red car. i think a toyota camry" Blessing said. Tears began to flow uncontrollably from his eyes.
"Don't worry sir, we'd find your wife but for now we need you and your neighbour to follow us to the station to make statements" one of the policemen said. John could only nod. His whole world had just fallen apart.

1 Like

Re: Where Angels Thread by renzyl(f): 11:40pm On Sep 24, 2014
Grabs seat in front#following
Re: Where Angels Thread by Aipete2(f): 7:16am On Oct 15, 2014
Please come and continue
Re: Where Angels Thread by OgeBO: 1:18am On Oct 29, 2016
This is a really good story. It's never to late to finish it. I like the fact that the premise was very real, it was easy to imagine that sort of thing happening. I laughed really hard when he went to get food without Tito tho. Cousin for where? lol.- Lilian Ogbuefi

(1) (Reply)

Chronicles Of A Married Man / Jane’s Evening (A Short Romantic Story) / Forever And Always (imaginary Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.