Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,290 members, 7,829,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

EU Tells Governor Aregbesola To Drag Presidency To Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EU Tells Governor Aregbesola To Drag Presidency To Court (1659 Views)

Presidency To Begin Town Hall Meetings Across Nigeria – Aide / PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North / Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EU Tells Governor Aregbesola To Drag Presidency To Court by bounty15: 11:16pm On Aug 11, 2014
European Union delegation who are part of a team of election monitors from the EU has urged just re-elected Governor of Osun State, Rauf Aregbesola, to file a lawsuit over the abuses committed by security agents that were deployed to the state by the Presidency during last Saturday’s governorship election.

In a meeting with Governor Aregbesola in Oshogbo , the coordinator of the EU’s election monitoring group, Mr Paul Edwards, asked that the governor use the courts to seek redress. The EU’s parley with the governor took place at Government House, Oshogbo, the capital of Osun State on Sunday.

Mr. Aregbesola had accused the security agents, who were deployed by the Federal Government, of reckless acts and the unwarranted use of force. The governor told the EU delegates that security agents had arbitrarily and unjustifiably arrested top officials of his party, the All Progressives Congress (APC), in the last few days preceding the election.

In response to the complaints, the EU delegation said:

“Let us always use the legal method to stop the impunity used by one unit of government against the other,” said Mr. Edwards, adding that it was “through this option that we can deepen democratic institutions.”

Mr. Edwards congratulated the governor on his victory. “We are here to congratulate Your Excellency on your victory in the Saturday governorship election. Besides, our mission here is to also find out from you about the conduct of the election,” said Mr. Edwards.
He added: “We have observed the election all over the state and have our reports. In any election like this, there are bound to be issues. But it is our opinion that whatever the complaint you have, you should choose the legal option to seek remedy.”

Mr. Edwards implored Mr. Aregbesola to “rely on the instrumentality of the law” to pursue remedies for all the violation of rights suffered by members of the APC in the hands of forces controlled by the Presidency.

Mr. Edwards assured the governor that, if ...

Read More: http://www.enn.com.ng/2014/08/eu-tells-governor-aregbesola-to-drag.html

1 Like

Re: EU Tells Governor Aregbesola To Drag Presidency To Court by ibdeals1(m): 12:24am On Aug 12, 2014
angry lipsrsealed
Re: EU Tells Governor Aregbesola To Drag Presidency To Court by Nobody: 12:48am On Aug 12, 2014
EU. Want double wahala 4 dead body

1 Like

Re: EU Tells Governor Aregbesola To Drag Presidency To Court by seunmsg(m): 1:06am On Aug 12, 2014
Notwithstanding there electoral victory, I think APC should challenge the harassment and detention of there members for no reason by the security forces. The trend of arresting opposition leaders a day to a major election if not challenged and stopped now may get out of hand during the 2015 general election. We are in a democracy and there should be no room for impunity.

10 Likes

Re: EU Tells Governor Aregbesola To Drag Presidency To Court by Garrithe1st: 1:15am On Aug 12, 2014
seunmsg: Notwithstanding there electoral victory, I think APC should challenge the harassment and detention of there members for no reason by the security forces. The trend of arresting opposition leaders a day to a major election if not challenged and stopped now may get out of hand during the 2015 general election. We are in a democracy and there should be no room for impunity.

EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS..

sad

3 Likes

Re: EU Tells Governor Aregbesola To Drag Presidency To Court by Jaideyone(m): 2:27am On Aug 12, 2014
shame on GEJ

shame on PDP... Playing dirty since 1999

5 Likes

Re: EU Tells Governor Aregbesola To Drag Presidency To Court by GetUmad: 4:49am On Aug 12, 2014
Ok hmmmm EU or wetin dem dey call u, FACE YA WORK OOOOOOOO.

Go tell that to the Russians.

3 Likes

Re: EU Tells Governor Aregbesola To Drag Presidency To Court by emiye(m): 4:54am On Aug 12, 2014
My exact thoughts, It is important not to let the matter slide, simply because they won. It is a very shameful and brutal precedence, that must be stopped before the 2015 elections.

1 Like

Re: EU Tells Governor Aregbesola To Drag Presidency To Court by tit(f): 4:55am On Aug 12, 2014
These white people are bad.
They can slap you in the face and give you backhand on top and you will not know.
Is this not the man who was raking about roasting people if he does not win election again?
White-man has subtly told him how foolish he was in threatening brimstone and fire
where a civilized man would take his grievances to a temple of justice.

1 Like

Re: EU Tells Governor Aregbesola To Drag Presidency To Court by Nobody: 4:59am On Aug 12, 2014
Nigerian leaders! Always complaining to Western leaders like school kids to their principal. I watched the town hall meeting that held in Nigeria when Hilary Clinton visited as Secretary of state, everybody ran to her to lay their complain like she supervises the country.

They told Aregbe the right thing. The APC and their members have elavated propaganda and complaints to a state-craft. I am sure they'd be complaining while sleeping with their wives.

3 Likes

Re: EU Tells Governor Aregbesola To Drag Presidency To Court by Nobody: 5:00am On Aug 12, 2014
According to the content of the article, I do not think EU categorically told Aregbesola to drag the presidency to court!! Rather EU adviced Aregbesola and all others to always use the instrumentality of the law to address whatever issue they may be having instead of resulting to violence!

7 Likes

Re: EU Tells Governor Aregbesola To Drag Presidency To Court by tit(f): 5:27am On Aug 12, 2014
Some people mumu no get part two.
Eee pass me and musiwa own.
Re: EU Tells Governor Aregbesola To Drag Presidency To Court by Nobody: 5:32am On Aug 12, 2014
Haba...
Re: EU Tells Governor Aregbesola To Drag Presidency To Court by Nobody: 5:34am On Aug 12, 2014
wazoboy: According to the content of the article, I do not think EU categorically told Aregbesola to drag the presidency to court!! Rather EU adviced Aregbesola and all others to always use the instrumentality of the law to address whatever issue they may be having instead of resulting to violence!
No sm1 is mkn sense...
Re: EU Tells Governor Aregbesola To Drag Presidency To Court by Nobody: 5:36am On Aug 12, 2014
Jaideyone: shame on GEJ

i here...
Re: EU Tells Governor Aregbesola To Drag Presidency To Court by Nobody: 5:38am On Aug 12, 2014
Jaideyone: shame on GEJ

i here... i bet dat if APC r in power dey will do greaer dan dis... thanks to Ja it cnt happen
Re: EU Tells Governor Aregbesola To Drag Presidency To Court by omenka(m): 5:43am On Aug 12, 2014
I fully endorse this!! Should we keep quiet about this, not withstanding the victory, it would give them the impetus to ramp it up a notch in the next election!!

We must put an end to militarisation of democracy!!

Long live the people of Osun!!
Long live Nigeria!!
Congrats again Aregberascal!!

3 Likes

Re: EU Tells Governor Aregbesola To Drag Presidency To Court by Firefire(m): 5:47am On Aug 12, 2014
Nonsensical nonsense

EU better face what they are here for and stop making inciting comments.

Syria is burning, where is EU

2 Likes

Re: EU Tells Governor Aregbesola To Drag Presidency To Court by basty: 5:51am On Aug 12, 2014
seunmsg: Notwithstanding there electoral victory, I think APC should challenge the harassment and detention of [s]there[/s] members for no reason by the security forces. The trend of arresting opposition leaders a day to a major election if not challenged and stopped now may get out of hand during the 2015 general election. We are in a democracy and there should be no room for impunity.

their members
Re: EU Tells Governor Aregbesola To Drag Presidency To Court by lyntiffany(f): 6:06am On Aug 12, 2014
APC making incessant noise since thy kingdom come.

Empty vessels.

He better sit down and think on how to put smiles on his people's face, he has won he should face his work.

1 Like

Re: EU Tells Governor Aregbesola To Drag Presidency To Court by mogentle(m): 6:21am On Aug 12, 2014
lyntiffany: APC making incessant noise since thy kingdom come.

Empty vessels.

He better sit down and think on how to put smiles on his people's face, he has won he should face his work.
Early morning sickness. Eeyah, pele.

2 Likes

Re: EU Tells Governor Aregbesola To Drag Presidency To Court by mogentle(m): 6:22am On Aug 12, 2014
emiye: My exact thoughts, It is important not to let the matter slide, simply because they won. It is a very shameful and brutal precedence, that must be stopped before the 2015 elections.
Re: EU Tells Governor Aregbesola To Drag Presidency To Court by OtunbaJega: 6:27am On Aug 12, 2014
Mugu.. The same white people wey ur oga Jonathan dey shiver when e want follow dem yarn (America will know)..

The same people wey u dey ask for aid

The same people wey u want make dem help you cure ebola

use ur head next time

tit: These white people are bad.
They can slap you in the face and give you backhand on top and you will not know.
Is this not the man who was raking about roasting people if he does not win election again?
White-man has subtly told him how foolish he was in threatening brimstone and fire
where a civilized man would take his grievances to a temple of justice.
Re: EU Tells Governor Aregbesola To Drag Presidency To Court by lyntiffany(f): 6:42am On Aug 12, 2014
mogentle:
Early morning sickness. Eeyah, pele.
Early morning Ebola romance is your problem pls go deal with it.
Re: EU Tells Governor Aregbesola To Drag Presidency To Court by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 12, 2014
wazoboy: According to the content of the article, I do not think EU categorically told Aregbesola to drag the presidency to court!! Rather EU adviced Aregbesola and all others to always use the instrumentality of the law to address whatever issue they may be having instead of resulting to violence!

God bless you...
Re: EU Tells Governor Aregbesola To Drag Presidency To Court by simplex2: 6:58am On Aug 12, 2014
Junk journalism at its worst! The heading is quite deceptive! The EU advised peaceful use of legal procedures in settling election matters.

The writer presented it as if the EU purposely came to help the governor file charges!
Re: EU Tells Governor Aregbesola To Drag Presidency To Court by priscaoge(f): 7:05am On Aug 12, 2014
Not only filing a case,u can as well relocate to Liberia undecided
Re: EU Tells Governor Aregbesola To Drag Presidency To Court by MzJackBaueress(f): 7:26am On Aug 12, 2014
Op,can you please re-edit the title of your topic? It is totally misleading.

Good advice from the EU delegates. We must say no to abuse of power and impunity by our leaders.

(1) (Reply)

Ladoja Attributes Pdp’s Loss To Omisore’s Personality / Ibb Threatens To Expose Buhari's Corruption. / A Thread For Goddy Jedy Agba Governorship Aspirant C.R.S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.