Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Why Do Players Officials And Coaches Cover Their Mouth When Talking On D Pitch - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Do Players Officials And Coaches Cover Their Mouth When Talking On D Pitch (6932 Views)

David Oniya Collapses On The Pitch And Dies In Malaysia / Armed Robbers Attack Kano Pillars Players, Officials In Abuja / Olympics: Congo Athlete And Coaches Missing After Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Players Officials And Coaches Cover Their Mouth When Talking On D Pitch by pamcode(m): 11:43pm On Aug 11, 2014
I have always noticed dat sometimes footballers, officials and coaches cover their mouth when talking my young cousin asked me when we were watching d match btw Argentina and Nigeria and i told him maybe they dont want viewers at home to.know what they are sayimg at home,what ur view on this let d comments flow

Re: Why Do Players Officials And Coaches Cover Their Mouth When Talking On D Pitch by iconize(m): 11:47pm On Aug 11, 2014
pamcode: I have always noticed dat sometimes footballers, officials and coaches cover their mouth when talking my young cousin asked me when we were watching d match btw Argentina and Nigeria and i told him maybe they dont want viewers at home to.know what they are sayimg at home,what ur view on this let d comments flow

So they don't pour spittle on peeps thereby infecting them with ebola.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Players Officials And Coaches Cover Their Mouth When Talking On D Pitch by thorpido(m): 11:48pm On Aug 11, 2014
They do not want the opponents to know what they are planning.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Players Officials And Coaches Cover Their Mouth When Talking On D Pitch by pamcode(m): 11:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
iconize:

So they don't pour spittle on peeps thereby infecting them with ebola.
lol but dis has been happeming long b4 ebola

1 Like

Re: Why Do Players Officials And Coaches Cover Their Mouth When Talking On D Pitch by manuch(m): 12:36am On Aug 12, 2014
so that t.v doesn't pick up what they are saying.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Players Officials And Coaches Cover Their Mouth When Talking On D Pitch by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 12, 2014
shocked. Op, this same question was asked me by my younger bro when the game between nigeria and argentina was still on.

Most talks made on the pitch is to strategise a means to break down the opponent's defence so in order not to alert the opponent on what you guys intend doing, you cover your mouth with your hand and discuss with your team mate on a low tone. grin
Re: Why Do Players Officials And Coaches Cover Their Mouth When Talking On D Pitch by meforyou1(m): 7:56pm On Aug 12, 2014
It was after Zidane headbutt. Sign language people started speculating what d discussion was based on lip movement
Re: Why Do Players Officials And Coaches Cover Their Mouth When Talking On D Pitch by great289(m): 8:45pm On Aug 12, 2014
their is too mch noise in d field, so when u cover ur mouth to talk to ur team mate is jst simple fr him/her to hear u clearly
Re: Why Do Players Officials And Coaches Cover Their Mouth When Talking On D Pitch by jotey(m): 11:19pm On Aug 12, 2014
pamcode: I have always noticed dat sometimes footballers, officials and coaches cover their mouth when talking my young cousin asked me when we were watching d match btw Argentina and Nigeria and i told him maybe they dont want viewers at home to.know what they are sayimg at home,what ur view on this let d comments flow
Na because their mouth dae smell grin

BTW I still no understand why dem ban me 4 sports section 4 one good week ??
Re: Why Do Players Officials And Coaches Cover Their Mouth When Talking On D Pitch by chinex276(m): 7:36am On Aug 13, 2014
*question for the gods*
Re: Why Do Players Officials And Coaches Cover Their Mouth When Talking On D Pitch by EKYsheldon: 2:53pm On Aug 13, 2014
I think there are people who can read the lips, to know what someone is saying. The players are just being cautious.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This Is Lionel Messi’s Salary In A Month Converted To Naira. / 2 Odds Rollover 10 Days Challenge.(its Free). / Is Ilot BET A Legal/trusted Betting Site For Sports Bettors?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.