Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital (28483 Views)

Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance / Breaking!! Six More Health Workers Infected With EBOLA!! / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by EbolaParasite: 12:04pm On Aug 12, 2014
barcanista: Chai, that ZMAPP thin is so overrated... Abi na the China own dem give am?

Lets stop being ignorant. He was 75 abd his immune system was probably very weak. He probably had other issues like malaria to deal with before ebola. At 75, even a slight headache can kill you

4 Likes

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by nora544: 12:04pm On Aug 12, 2014
Studies on a few monkeys

Currently there are only two in the fall of 2013 published scientific studies on the experimental Ebola drug ZMapp. These are tests on a dozen of "Non-human Primates", ie species of monkeys that are evolutionarily distant still quite far from the people.

In October last year, U.S. scientists reported on tests on rhesus monkeys and macaques in journal "Science Translational Medicine". Initially they were administered to four such ZMapp monkeys two days after injection of Ebola virus. The result: Two of the animals survived. That's according to the authors to Xiangguo Quiu from the Canadian Agency for Public Health just "50 percent" out. But the percentage saying this number of "volunteers" little.

As a result, the scientists tested a combination of the mixture of humanized monoclonal antibodies with the additional gift of an experimental vaccine also to stimulate the body's production of an immune protein called interferon alpha to increase the impact of the Ebola drug. Here, too, the animals were given the Ebola virus before the "therapy". This one sat, as pathogens have been detected in the blood.

The result: Three of four macaques and all four rhesus monkeys used survived (75 and 100 percent). Even that was a little more informative and very small for the human experiment.

A second publication of the author teams in Scientific Reports from the November 2013 attempted to clarify whether the effect of ZMapp lasts longer in six of the previously surviving monkeys. Were administered to the animals by ten and 13 weeks again an Ebola virus dose. This ten weeks survived all experimental animals, after 13 weeks, four out of six.

All these results are far from being able to speak for or against the use in humans. They suggest merely point out that such a therapeutic strategy with ZMapp could possibly be feasible.

Please read this than you will understand it better, I read it in the news paper in my country and it was in german but I translate waht is important that you understand this drug.

3 Likes

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by borlarge(m): 12:05pm On Aug 12, 2014
v
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by gbadexy(m): 12:05pm On Aug 12, 2014
The age is a factor.
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Dreyl(m): 12:05pm On Aug 12, 2014
Hmm and i thought the u.s sent the Zmapp to him anyways r.i.p to him
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
livinbygrace: American wants to control the world by all means .They have the cure for their citizens but none for others .My People this is scientific slavery.

And that is not true.

The fact is, we have the scientists and the minds to invent cures for Ebola.

But the problem is....you Nigerians are not interested in development.You are interested in politics of how much to chop.

Instead of begging America....or blaming America....ask yourself why Nigeria has refused to invest well in science and technologic development?Ask yourself why power and water supply....two things needed for conducive research....aren't steady.

It isn't America's fault....it is our fault.

12 Likes

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Pectoris(m): 12:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
RIP priest. Hope the drugs works on Africans.
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by jeamie(m): 12:08pm On Aug 12, 2014
In Madrid...hope Ronaldo is safe
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by DonaldGenes(m): 12:08pm On Aug 12, 2014
jerseyboy: Silly Americans. Your drug came in too late. RIP. Died in the work for Christ. Heaven awaits you.

Seconded and thirded
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Shehucom(m): 12:08pm On Aug 12, 2014
Just when we thought a cure beckons
Now the potency of the ANTI VIRUS calls for questioning.... Ya Allah please dont place upon us a burden that we can not bear..Grant d family of the deceased the fortitude to bear the loss...
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by mployer(m): 12:09pm On Aug 12, 2014
Finally zmapp is not the answer.
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
Zmapp pro-active available at igwe med store. 3 iweka road Onitscha . Anambra. 200$
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 12, 2014
90 year old man dies!!

probably died of malaria

Ebola may even be a hoax but sure the epidemic and hysteria is propaganda

See the dying people of Ebola ravage countries in this youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IA3f14Aet8
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 12, 2014
Mukina2 i see you...flow for rank needs ur attention
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 12, 2014
NaMe4: Well from my understanding of this disease, there have to be key therapeutic steps to be put in place early enough before complications set in.

I don't think ZMAPP would directly attack and kill the virus by the way.

Our government has to welcome our experts in science and the medical field in particular for us to develop our own solution by making easily accessible portals for interested individuals to volunteer vital expertise, skills and even man-power in defeating this menace. Not by announcing formation of some committee and nothing more heard since then.

A commendable job has been done in enlightening the public about the infection/disease with preventive measures.

How about inviting experts and volunteers ready to tackle it head-on?
As we developed the ones against malaria? Smh! Na for Ebola things wan work? Research up & down on Nigerians' lips!
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by ceejayluv(m): 12:19pm On Aug 12, 2014
nora544:

Please read this than you will understand it better, I read it in the news paper in my country and it was in german but I translate waht is important that you understand this drug.
You're trying too hard to educate salt-smothered fools here..... "The average Nigerian is incapable of deep thought"-Chukwudifu Oputa.

3 Likes

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 12, 2014
oneangle: Zmapp pro-active available at igwe med store. 3 iweka road Onitscha . Anambra. 200$
Very dull guy...go and check ur waec result.
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Tmissy3000(m): 12:21pm On Aug 12, 2014
RIP. Na wao ebola ur days are numbered...
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 12, 2014
eyahh....

my condolences
sadsadsad
trying moments
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Rexnegro(m): 12:21pm On Aug 12, 2014
Its a sad one,I just hope his soul is accepted into God's kingdom... RIP sir I commend ur courage to preach the gospel at ur age sir. Rest well
#respect
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by greall1: 12:22pm On Aug 12, 2014
Protect us Ya Allah.
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 12, 2014
RIP
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by coogar: 12:24pm On Aug 12, 2014
america's collateral damage!

may the priest R.I.P. but african leaders are supposed to be asking questions. only a fool would not see this ebola matter is a big conspiracy created by america. somebody somewhere made money with this scam after claiming about 1,000 african lives.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Chanchit: 12:24pm On Aug 12, 2014
Baba oni baba ti losimi.
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by ibdeals1(m): 12:27pm On Aug 12, 2014
oh well..may hos soul rip
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by platz(m): 12:28pm On Aug 12, 2014
lasting bliss onto him
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Odunharry(m): 12:30pm On Aug 12, 2014
oneangle: Zmapp pro-active available at igwe med store. 3 iweka road Onitscha . Anambra. 200$
sharp guy...our brother 4m d east don create fake one...
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 12, 2014
At 75 his immune system is already shutting down. I dont think its d drug, but that d virus has ravaged him so mucu his immune is beyond recuperation.
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Ramanto(m): 12:31pm On Aug 12, 2014
Obviously,paracetamol is a cure to headache.but does that mean every headache treated with paracetamol must subside?same apply to zmapp.may God not let the diesease come near us let alone having to test the efficiency of zmapp

1 Like

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by russello: 12:34pm On Aug 12, 2014
That means one country's map in Europe will also be painted red by CNN as an ebola troubled country, just like they did to Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone, and NIGER....ia cry

RIP to the dead

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2 Pupils Die In Ogun After Taking Deworming Drugs / Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option / 9 Symptoms We Don't Worry About -- But Should

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.