Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,020 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers (10267 Views)

PDP Battles Ghost Workers, Pays Staff In Cash / Subsidy Removal: FG Saves N18.3bn In Six Weeks / FG Uncovers 62,892 ‘Ghost’ Workers, Saves N208.7bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by kurt09(m): 6:12am On Aug 13, 2014
The federal government has saved about N160 billion through the Integrated Personnel and Payroll Information System, IPPIS. That money could have been stolen by corrupt civil servants through the ghost workers syndrome, the Accountant General of the Federation, AGF, Mr. Jonah Otunla, has disclosed.
“We have IPPIS which has helped save personnel cost. In fact as at December 2013 we have saved about N160 billion,” he said.
Addressing members of the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria, ANAN, at their Mandatory Continuing Professional Development, in Abuja, yesterday, he declared that the Federal Government reform initiatives to ensure a transparent payroll system would be pursued with vigour.
There had been a subtle opposition to the exercise by unscrupulous workers in some Ministries, Departments and Agencies, MDAs, but Mr. Otunla, had insisted that e ghosts workers must be eliminated.
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/fg-saves-n160bn-ghost-workers/

2 Likes

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by freshness2020: 6:22am On Aug 13, 2014
Great one, but how much proceeds have they garnered from the corrupts one's they have intercepted!

4 Likes

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by justi4jesu(f): 6:23am On Aug 13, 2014
Dey have been saving but the Ghost workers no dey ever finish..

Who is fooling who
undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by Agimor(m): 6:24am On Aug 13, 2014

1 Like

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by freshprincex49(m): 6:27am On Aug 13, 2014
Hunting ghost workers so that politicians can feed fat from the proceeds. What happened to all the loot that was recovered earlier? The case of subsidy funds readily comes to mind. The sure P programme is a monumental failure if not a scam. I guess these ghost workers are just an easy prey for the Government. Until the war against corruption is taken to the door steps of politicians, I will not be impressed.

5 Likes

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by chidi2pus(m): 6:27am On Aug 13, 2014
Saving who from who?

undecided

These pipu are funny o

3 Likes

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by expert1000: 6:27am On Aug 13, 2014
Nice one by FG.now some APC mufus wil say hw true is d story

2 Likes

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by Lekad(m): 6:27am On Aug 13, 2014
kurt09: The federal government has saved about N160 billion through the Integrated Personnel and Payroll Information System, IPPIS. That money could have been stolen by corrupt civil servants through the ghost workers syndrome, the Accountant General of the Federation, AGF, Mr. Jonah Otunla, has disclosed.
“We have IPPIS which has helped save personnel cost. In fact as at December 2013 we have saved about N160 billion,” he said.
Addressing members of the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria, ANAN, at their Mandatory Continuing Professional Development, in Abuja, yesterday, he declared that the Federal Government reform initiatives to ensure a transparent payroll system would be pursued with vigour.
There had been a subtle opposition to the exercise by unscrupulous workers in some Ministries, Departments and Agencies, MDAs, but Mr. Otunla, had insisted that e ghosts workers must be eliminated.
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/fg-saves-n160bn-ghost-workers/
. Oga o, 160billion. Dat 1 no be seresere o

1 Like

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 13, 2014
Its still the same thing, it will be spent by Ghost.

28 Likes

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by JojoArmani(m): 6:28am On Aug 13, 2014
ok
Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by kobonaire(m): 6:29am On Aug 13, 2014
FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers ... smiley
FG then proceeds to chop the N160B ... angry
The citizens continue to be scrèwed ... undecided

7 Likes

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by ednut1(m): 6:29am On Aug 13, 2014
story for the ghosts. 160b saved to be allocated to GeJ and his cronies

5 Likes

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by macsika: 6:29am On Aug 13, 2014
Lol.. Another financial joke.

4 Likes

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by lillaowow(m): 6:30am On Aug 13, 2014
Grabs mic.....
"Le le le leo"...
Le le le leo..... Yagga!!!!
(Star boy)
"Legendary lo shey beati yi ooo,
piper gbori wole.... "
Ginger o ginger... x2"
"the way you dnace dey make me dey ginger, d way you roll dey make me dey giner"
"bilinder o bilinder.... X2"
"the way you dance dey make me dey giner, d way you roll dey make me dey ginger"
"Ginger o. Ginger...."

1 Like

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by Vincenzi: 6:30am On Aug 13, 2014
Working in the Nigerian Civil service is a modern way of stealing with boldness and audacity.

1 Like

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by datguru: 6:30am On Aug 13, 2014
Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by Iceking1(m): 6:31am On Aug 13, 2014
Gud

1 Like

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by StarboyMichael(m): 6:31am On Aug 13, 2014
'ole gbe, ole gba, ashewo to'n pe ashewo l'ashewo' where do they send the saved money?

1 Like

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by satowind(m): 6:33am On Aug 13, 2014
Nigerians ututu oma

1 Like

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by habex005(m): 6:33am On Aug 13, 2014
ghost worker still dey...
Naija i hail oooo

1 Like

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by killercute16(m): 6:34am On Aug 13, 2014
Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by lafuria1(m): 6:34am On Aug 13, 2014
One day the ghost worker will get angry and defend himself , like someone said, haven't they gotten rid of ghost workers, I remember okonjo iweala saying the government has saved lot money from ghost workers, I guess they are still saving.

Don't blame us for not trusting this government, corruption now has different names, and ghost workers might be the latest entry. Steal money and say it was saved through getting rid of ghost workers.

4 Likes

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by poiZon: 6:36am On Aug 13, 2014
nigerain leaders from all sector are corrupt, most of the MDAs dont even want the new payment system cos its exposing their inept abuse of office n corruption. ghost workers yet we hv millions of graduates roaming the street lookng for work. God will surely punish every man or woman habourng n nuturng ghost workers in their MDAs.

3 Likes

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by Nobody: 6:37am On Aug 13, 2014
GEJ, fighting corruption with technology since 2010.

Meanwhile, some of the ghost workers who were weeded out of the choppinson syndrome are the same APC e-goats who come online to vent their frustrations against the govt and spew trash.

2 Likes

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by pelvicky(m): 6:37am On Aug 13, 2014
160 billions for 170 millions population.

So,its true that if 1million is distributed to every nigerian each,,e go reach everybody

8 Likes

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by Nobody: 6:39am On Aug 13, 2014
Stealing is not corruption - President Jonathan

The civil servants are only living by the legacy of their president.

7 Likes

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by alaladakosta(f): 6:41am On Aug 13, 2014
Really

1 Like

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by Odunharry(m): 6:43am On Aug 13, 2014
i hope say this money no go disappear

1 Like

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by hok4u(f): 6:44am On Aug 13, 2014
lillaowow: Grabs mic..... "Le le le leo"... "Legendary lo shey beati yi ooo, piper gbori wole.... "Ginger o ginger... x2" "the way you roll dey make me dey ginger, d way you move dey make me dey giner" "bilinder o bilinder.... X2" "thw way you roll dey make me dey giner, d way you move dey make me dey ginger"

Bros,report yourself to Yaba left,naso é dey start ooo
Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by Odunharry(m): 6:44am On Aug 13, 2014
alaladakosta: H
u go chop cain ds morning 4 bookng space

1 Like

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by omenka(m): 6:44am On Aug 13, 2014
They do these and beat their chests that they are fighting corruption!!

When would we start hearing things like: Anti-corruption war, FG Jails....

Ambasador XYZ

Chief ATB

Senator RTH

Honourable JXY

Alhaji TKO

General SGP

His Royal Highness DFK

Bishop FVU

Etc...

Until they are ready start showing us things like these, they should keep their stale and boring stories of rounding up ghost workers, bankers and yahoo boys who stole millions to themselves!!

Next!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SE Governors, Ohanaeze, Ekweremadu, Want INEC Not To Shift Anambra Election / Ebonyi Government Says The Activities Of IPOB Won’t Be Tolerated / Man Of Unparalleled Patriotism, Humility - Buhari Mourns Shagari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.