Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

The Condition Of Believers In Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Condition Of Believers In Nigeria (669 Views)

Baby With Heart Condition Completely Healed. See Photos + Testimony / Nigerian Hajj Stampede Victim In Critical Condition At Saudi Hospital [photo] / Testimony Of HEAVEN & HELL & The Condition Of Today’s Church – By Rodolfo Aceved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Condition Of Believers In Nigeria by staggerman(m): 10:59am On Aug 13, 2014
Recently, I have observed my brothers and sisters in The Lord talk more about diseases like ebola than about healing and the stripes of Jesus Christ.
Is it not written " And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease."

Not for the twelve alone as it is written " After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come"... And He said unto them" And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you:
And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you."

And He commanded that we all should learn to do the same... " Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth.
Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Teach them to obey All commands (including the command to heal the sick, raise the dead and cast out devils).

Faith is not faith until it has been tested, tried and confirmed.

We are in the world, but not of the world. Let us show the world that we are different. We are of the kingdom of God, and we ought to live by the rules of God's Kingdom.

If the early disciples could see us today, they would surely be heartbroken at the pettiness of our spiritual strength.

Our crusades read "breakthrough 2014", "my month of open doors "," 7 keys to success "," Anointing for prosperity", "I must make it", etc...

The crave for money has replaced the zeal and hunger for spiritual maturity.

How art thou fallen?
Arise from thy slumber ye sleeping giants.

Ebola will not be the last nor the worst.
It is time to sit up and take your place as Sons of the Most High God.

" For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God. We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time."
Re: The Condition Of Believers In Nigeria by hushmail: 11:33am On Aug 13, 2014
seriously ... I no understand wht u talking abt

1 Like

Re: The Condition Of Believers In Nigeria by iroc: 11:43am On Aug 13, 2014
Spell it out brother
Re: The Condition Of Believers In Nigeria by Elijah78: 1:52pm On Aug 13, 2014
It is easier to fake those so call miracles crusades etc and make false testimonies than faking an Ebola healing crusade, the Ebola carriers might die on stage.

It is high time we denounce these charlatans

1 Like

Re: The Condition Of Believers In Nigeria by staggerman(m): 8:38pm On Aug 13, 2014
Disciples of Christ should be healing the sick, not just discussing about disease outbreak. This is an opportunity for us to shine. To be the light in this dark world. To show the world that we are different. We are in the world, but not of the world.

And I'm not just talking about pastors. I'm talking about everyone who is saved by faith in the Son of God. Everyone who is called in His name. Young and old, male and female. Whether you sit in the congregation or you are a member of the choir. Whether you teach Sunday school or you serve as an usher in Church. Whether you are new in the faith or you have been a believer for decades. This is the time to live not by ourselves, but by our faith in the Son of God.

Let he that has ears hear.

Peace be unto you.

1 Like

Re: The Condition Of Believers In Nigeria by staggerman(m): 8:42pm On Aug 13, 2014
Elijah78: It is easier to fake those so call miracles crusades etc and make false testimonies than faking an Ebola healing crusade, the Ebola carriers might die on stage.

It is high time we denounce these charlatans

Sir I do not know about fake miracles, but I know that the actions of my God are called miracles by men.

God heals people because He has the power to do so and He loves us.
I have witnessed miracles. The great God has worked miracles even through me.

God can do all things sir. All things.
Re: The Condition Of Believers In Nigeria by staggerman(m): 8:45pm On Aug 13, 2014
iroc: Spell it out brother

It is good that we train men to be millionaires, but it is best that we train them to be millionaires full of the Wisdom of God and the Power of the Holy Spirit.
Re: The Condition Of Believers In Nigeria by JesusisLord85: 9:35pm On Aug 13, 2014
staggerman:
Teach them to obey All commands (including the command to heal the sick, raise the dead and cast out devils).
"

You sure?

Or teach them to obey the "commands" of the Most High? i.e. Teach them to obey the "word".

Yahshua is the living word. Therefore, "teach them to obey Me", i.e. teach them to obey the law.
Just wanted to clarify the verse for edification of my brothers, the sons of Israel.

Side note, sin is the cause of sickness. We negroes suffer these plagues because we continue in sin. This 'christianity' the europeans imposed upon us is a perversion of the truth. You are the sons of Jacob, a royal priesthood. A people set apart from other nations. Keep the commandments, shun evil, and fear the Most High. It shall be well with you.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: The Condition Of Believers In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 14, 2014
staggerman: Disciples of Christ should be healing the sick, not just discussing about disease outbreak. This is an opportunity for us to shine. To be the light in this dark world. To show the world that we are different. We are in the world, but not of the world.

And I'm not just talking about pastors. I'm talking about everyone who is saved by faith in the Son of God. Everyone who is called in His name. Young and old, male and female. Whether you sit in the congregation or you are a member of the choir. Whether you teach Sunday school or you serve as an usher in Church. Whether you are new in the faith or you have been a believer for decades. This is the time to live not by ourselves, but by our faith in the Son of God.

Let he that has ears hear.

Peace be unto you.
the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ includes healing.... Weldone Op .. Jesus never changes neither does His healing power declines (hebrews 13 v 8 )..... The reason these so called believers fear is that they have no faith and light in them an neihter do the allowed the words of Christ to dwell in themm
Re: The Condition Of Believers In Nigeria by yemmytcm(m): 10:04am On Aug 14, 2014
Read christian articles, you will get better.... Share with your friends.... And let's the very gospel on all hearts.

www.walkactive.

(1) (Reply)

Expectant Mothers In Nigeria Prefer Religious Homes To Hospitals / Facts. / Prophet TB Joshua Banned From South Africa & Zimbabwe, Denied Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.