Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,814 members, 7,824,382 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

I Won’t Probe Fayemi—fayose Declares - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Probe Fayemi—fayose Declares (544 Views)

Buhari Introduces His Grandchildren To Fayemi, Amaechi (Photo) / Ambode Won’t Probe Fashola – APC / REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Probe Fayemi—fayose Declares by aproko247: 2:42pm On Aug 13, 2014
Incoming governor of Ekiti State, Ayo Fayose, has categorically stated that he will not fund the newly created Local Council Development Areas, LCDAs, by the outgoing governor of the state, Kayode Fayemi.

Shortly after the June 21, 2014 gubernatorial election in Ekiti, which the sitting governor lost to Fayose, Fayemi established the LCDAs, which has caused controversies between the two.

Fayose, who is returning to the Government House the second time, described the creation as unconstitutional and vowed not to “divert statutory allocations meant for local governments in the state to any LCDA.”

He noted that Fayemi has not done “anything bad, but for me, in order not to breach the Constitution, I will not allow the diversion of allocations meant for the 16 local government areas in Ekiti to the LCDAs.” He said, “Allowing that is diversion, and it is a breach of the Constitution I will swear to obey and uphold.”

He stated that further that, “I want the people of Ekiti State to understand that what Governor Fayemi has created are LCDAs and not local governments. Nobody can create local governments in Nigeria without complying with the provisions of the 1999 Constitution.”

Meanwhile, the former Labour Party member said he will not probe the administration of Fayemi.

“I am not going to probe the Fayemi-led administration. I want to act like a military officer taking over a command. My primary focus is how to put food on tables of Ekiti people. And my administration will be judged by that.

“I will make sure the entitlements of former governors in the state are given to them. I have come to work, transform the face of Ekiti State and Ado-Ekiti in particular. I want to leave a legacy that the unborn generations will meet,” he said.

Source: http://www.aproko247.com/2014/08/13/i-wont-probe-fayemi-fayose-declares/
Re: I Won’t Probe Fayemi—fayose Declares by onatisi(m): 2:53pm On Aug 13, 2014
Good decision from fayose and ekitti state pdp .
Re: I Won’t Probe Fayemi—fayose Declares by PaulJohn1: 3:37pm On Aug 13, 2014
I just have the feeling that this second coming of Fayose as the governor of the fountain of Knowledge 'll not only benefit the people of Ekiti, but also transform the face of the state. He sounds changed and more civilized than he was years back. More so, he'll be challenged to perform seeing what Fayemi has done and what the present SW governors are doing.

Good luck to the Ekitis.
Re: I Won’t Probe Fayemi—fayose Declares by Tolexander: 4:10pm On Aug 13, 2014
“I will make sure the
entitlements of former
governors in the state are
given to them. I have come to
work, transform the face of
Ekiti State and Ado-Ekiti in
particular. I want to leave a
legacy that the unborn
generations will meet,” he
said.
so help you God!

(1) (Reply)

Ebola: Cameroon Shut Border With Nigeria / APC Can't Save Almakura / PDP, The Only Party Practicing Internal Democracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.