Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,539 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

FG Postpones Resumption Of Schools To Prevent Ebola Virus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Postpones Resumption Of Schools To Prevent Ebola Virus (2067 Views)

Buhari Postpones Emergency FEC Meeting Till Monday / Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) / Senate Postpones Resumption Of Plenary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Postpones Resumption Of Schools To Prevent Ebola Virus by passionateyouth: 6:06pm On Aug 13, 2014
To prevent an outbreak of the Ebola Viral
Disease (EVD), the Federal Government
yesterday approved the extension of the current
holiday of primary and secondary schools
across the country until further notice.
The development, government stated, is part of
measures to curb the spread of Ebola. Also, the
National Council on Health (NCH) has banned
the inter-state transportation of corpses with
immediate effect.
Senior Special Assistant to the President on
Youth and Students Matters, Comrade Jude
Imagwe, who disclosed the postponement of
school resumption in Abuja yesterday did not
state how long the students would be on
holiday.
He said that President Goodluck Jonathan was
wary of the danger of the disease to the
nation’s future generation and as a result
ordered that the schools remained on holiday
till the country find a way out of the outbreak.
“He advised that as a President, he did not
desire that our secondary and primary schools
should be opened at this time because we have
high population of young brothers and sisters
who want to see themselves grow from primary
and graduate tomorrow. “We cannot have what
it takes to have eye on each of these brothers
and sisters: the future of this country in their
classes,” he said.
He spoke at a one-day forum on Tertiary
Institutions Students Health Insurance
Programme organised by the National
Universities Commission (NUC) and NHIS.
Imagwe, who charged Nigerians to be
conscious of their environment as well as
maintain healthy lifestyle in the face of Ebola
outbreak, also cautioned against the use of
untested and unscientific drugs as a prevention
or cure to the virus.
http://passionfortheyoung..com

1 Like

Re: FG Postpones Resumption Of Schools To Prevent Ebola Virus by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 13, 2014
A good initiative by the FG
Re: FG Postpones Resumption Of Schools To Prevent Ebola Virus by onatisi(m): 6:13pm On Aug 13, 2014
Good move
Re: FG Postpones Resumption Of Schools To Prevent Ebola Virus by DONMAYOR19(m): 6:17pm On Aug 13, 2014
Seriously FGN has really be trying to stop the spread of this ebola. I pray God Almighty help them as they fight this ebola in Jesus name.

3 Likes

Re: FG Postpones Resumption Of Schools To Prevent Ebola Virus by Seeeeeeee: 6:19pm On Aug 13, 2014
cry
Re: FG Postpones Resumption Of Schools To Prevent Ebola Virus by eunisam: 6:24pm On Aug 13, 2014
FG anything u can do to stop ebola,am in support.
Re: FG Postpones Resumption Of Schools To Prevent Ebola Virus by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 13, 2014
Good....but we need more than this....,

I know those children will be happy now,cause they don't know that their time is wasting.....but is good anyway,cause when there is life,there's future.

Make them sit down and eat there mama food well,

I trust some parent,they won't ba happy with this news cause they're already tired of there stubborn child at home.
Re: FG Postpones Resumption Of Schools To Prevent Ebola Virus by coldsummer: 6:34pm On Aug 13, 2014
Is thistrue?
Re: FG Postpones Resumption Of Schools To Prevent Ebola Virus by Omexonomy: 6:36pm On Aug 13, 2014
The tertiary institution should be close to avoid the spreading of e-bola. Nairaland should follow suit to stop the spreading of rumour about E-bola.
Re: FG Postpones Resumption Of Schools To Prevent Ebola Virus by thunderrider: 6:47pm On Aug 13, 2014
Good initiative

it is also a pointer that this issue is far from being over!!!
Re: FG Postpones Resumption Of Schools To Prevent Ebola Virus by Firefire(m): 6:55pm On Aug 13, 2014
thunderrider: Good initiative

it is also a pointer that this issue is far from being over!!!

It is only a precaution method
Re: FG Postpones Resumption Of Schools To Prevent Ebola Virus by passionateyouth: 8:08pm On Aug 13, 2014
coldsummer: Is thistrue?
very true pal

1 Like

Re: FG Postpones Resumption Of Schools To Prevent Ebola Virus by Deeman87: 8:23pm On Aug 13, 2014
AIDS vs EBOLA
AIDS:- hahaha i knw it,i knew
they will find ur cure idiot
EBOLA:- shut up jor,u r just
being jealous of me cos hv
come to take over frm u mumu
AIDS:- look at dis fool o,, who is
jealous of u? hw many pipo hv
u killed sef dat u r now blabing
because of u they hv built
isolation unit for u in lagos.
EBOLA:- 4get i stil dey study
lagos market very soon i go
enter ground ode
AIDS:- abeg go si don for
corner as u big reach na
ordinary kolanut dem wan use
cure u,,,,no worry by the time
dem go begin to use gala nd
lacasara cure u ehn u go knw
say lagos market no easy to
penetrate anyhw idiot
BOTH OF THEM SHALL NEVA BE
OUR PORTION IN JESUS NAME(AMEN--AMIN
Re: FG Postpones Resumption Of Schools To Prevent Ebola Virus by gratefulheart(m): 8:24pm On Aug 13, 2014
What's your jerseys price for male, female and children

melojames: A good initiative by the FG
Re: FG Postpones Resumption Of Schools To Prevent Ebola Virus by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 13, 2014
Nawa ooo...this ebola is really affecting us big time...God help us...alot of stuffs are on hold on embarassed embarassed
Re: FG Postpones Resumption Of Schools To Prevent Ebola Virus by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 13, 2014
Omexonomy: The tertiary institution should be close to avoid the spreading of e-bola. Nairaland should follow suit to stop the spreading of rumour about E-bola.
hahahahhaha grin grin grin grin

I endorse this undecided
Re: FG Postpones Resumption Of Schools To Prevent Ebola Virus by Idokosolomon(m): 8:33pm On Aug 13, 2014
Nice work govt.
Re: FG Postpones Resumption Of Schools To Prevent Ebola Virus by MzJackBaueress(f): 8:33pm On Aug 13, 2014
Its a good move but the extension of the holiday shouldn't take too long.
Re: FG Postpones Resumption Of Schools To Prevent Ebola Virus by victorVIC1(m): 9:01pm On Aug 13, 2014
Quite necessary
Re: FG Postpones Resumption Of Schools To Prevent Ebola Virus by passionateyouth: 5:13am On Aug 14, 2014
MzJackBaueress: Its a good move but the extension of the holiday shouldn't take too long.
I hope so o.
Re: FG Postpones Resumption Of Schools To Prevent Ebola Virus by iiichidodo: 5:47am On Aug 14, 2014
Nice work from GEJ.....the extension should last into the Harmattan season when the rate of infection should be drastically low or eradicated entirely due to the very low humidity of that particular season.....
Re: FG Postpones Resumption Of Schools To Prevent Ebola Virus by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 14, 2014
since this Ebola of a thing became serious, you hardly see The police and road safety officials on the road stopping motorists cheesy..........This is the part of Ebola that I love soo welll grin grin
Re: FG Postpones Resumption Of Schools To Prevent Ebola Virus by AXYZ: 10:05am On Aug 14, 2014
himkers: since this Ebola of a thing became serious, you hardly see The police and road safety officials on the road stopping motorists cheesy..........This is the part of Ebola that I love soo welll grin grin
OYO. Perhaps you've traveled outta Lagos.
Re: FG Postpones Resumption Of Schools To Prevent Ebola Virus by Ogbonaikenna(m): 10:21am On Aug 14, 2014
Is private schools affected too?
Re: FG Postpones Resumption Of Schools To Prevent Ebola Virus by smartg(m): 10:44am On Aug 14, 2014
DONMAYOR19: Seriously FGN has really be trying to stop the spread of this ebola. I pray God Almighty help them as they fight this ebola in Jesus name.
Mrs dreamer, who told you that ur government are interested in fight ebola. Their only waiting for U.S.A to send them the experimental drug instead of researching for their own cure. Who told you that ebola can not be cured 2ru herbs. Even ur useless NAFDAG is threatening to arrest any one who comes up with cure of ebola 4rm Nigeria instead of encouraging the people to search for d cure, they are crawling nd begging d united state. so tel me, if you find d cure for ebola will you be confident to tell anyone nd be arrested by ur NAFDAG?. So the students shld stay at home while we wait for united state to send us the experimental drugs..........! Warrants nonsense!!!.
Re: FG Postpones Resumption Of Schools To Prevent Ebola Virus by deor03(m): 10:48am On Aug 14, 2014
When are they going to have workers stay at home (except pay roll unit) grin
Re: FG Postpones Resumption Of Schools To Prevent Ebola Virus by DONMAYOR19(m): 1:12pm On Aug 14, 2014
smartg:
Mrs dreamer, who told you that ur government are interested in fight ebola. Their only waiting for U.S.A to send them the experimental drug instead of researching for their own cure. Who told you that ebola can not be cured 2ru herbs. Even ur useless NAFDAG is threatening to arrest any one who comes up with cure of ebola 4rm Nigeria instead of encouraging the people to search for d cure, they are crawling nd begging d united state. so tel me, if you find d cure for ebola will you be confident to tell anyone nd be arrested by ur NAFDAG?. So the students shld stay at home while we wait for united state to send us the experimental drugs..........! Warrants nonsense!!!.
goat, was my comment directed to u that u calling urself mrs dreamer? mumu, despite the fact that u saw 'm' in my moniker, yet u still tag me as 'mrs', that simply shows that u are dumb and u lack knowledge....for ur life don't ever quote me again, I have the right to type whatever I wish to type, as long as I don't direct it to insulting anyone.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Lauds Corps Member’s N10,000 Donation To Re-election Bid / President Jonathan To Acquire A New Private Jet? / Election Results In Some Parts Of Nig. According To A Source I Saw Online.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.