Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,289 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

You Can See What We Didnt See : Help Review Our Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / You Can See What We Didnt See : Help Review Our Website (1064 Views)

Help Us Review Our New E-commerce Webiste / Please Help Us Review Our Own Borthersoft.com Download Site www.greenlandng.com / Please Review Our Website At Wetinbe.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can See What We Didnt See : Help Review Our Website by dayotee2(m): 7:58pm On Oct 20, 2008
hi guys,

I will like to ask for few min of your time to help us review our website.

the site address is : http://tebixcreative.com

pls kindly lets have your comments, recommendations, commendations and the rest.

also if you can help with a domain name search features in asp.net, we will appreciate.

thank you.

we trust you will see what we didn't see

High Regards,

Temidayo Oyebade
Creative Director/Website developer
Tebix Creative Solutions
W: http://tebixcreative.com,
E: info@tebixcreative.com.
T: 017481488, 07026889925, 08023972668

Re: You Can See What We Didnt See : Help Review Our Website by yawatide(f): 8:33pm On Oct 20, 2008
Nice, clean layouts. I pray many more of us back at home learn from this. We don't need to clog pages with flash and graphics to show what we are capable of.

Pointers:

1) why hire us - jumping: I would rather this be an onclick event. It was kind of a shocker when I first went over them. I think the behavior shd be user-initiated

2) date beside menu: I didn't notice the date at first cos of this. Perhaps it should be above or below it or you find a way to emphasize it

3) large images below the menu - one was 117kb. you might want to consider optimizing such images.

4) request for quote not validating phone number

5) additional website services: page not found
http://tebixcreative.com/web_additional_services.aspx

6) mobile app and graphic design on what we do page, no response: fix or take them out

Thanks,
Re: You Can See What We Didnt See : Help Review Our Website by dayotee2(m): 9:00pm On Oct 20, 2008
thanks yawa-ti-de;

Thank you for your commendation, and I agree we dont need too cloggy sites that people wont load with a starcomms connection , LOL!

1) why hire us - jumping: I would rather this be an onclick event. It was kind of a shocker when I first went over them. I think the behavior should be user-initiated

pls permit me to listen to others response on this issue, sure i can make it onclick event.

2) date beside menu: I didn't notice the date at first because of this. Perhaps it should be above or below it or you find a way to emphasize it

ok, I will put it under the domain search form, hope its better there?

3) large images below the menu - one was 117kb. you might want to consider optimizing such images.

thanks, didnt notice this, but will work on it immediatly ,

4) request for quote not validating phone number

will work on this also, thanks

5) additional website services: page not found
http://tebixcreative.com/web_additional_services.aspx

this must have been an left behind victim but it has been uploaded now. pls check to be sure

6) mobile app and graphic design on what we do page, no response: fix or take them out

also I didnt see this, I will add the content.

I saw your response on the punch issuse and will now proceed to respond , smiles smiley
Re: You Can See What We Didnt See : Help Review Our Website by yawatide(f): 10:03pm On Oct 20, 2008
wow dayo, you actually caught me off guard.

Usually wen I give a review, I am accused of being overly critical. I am glad that finally, someone has taken my review for what it is. I mean, you have made all the changes noted, no arguments whatsoever. I mean, we don't see eye to eye on the hover thing but we can always agree to disagree. Your responses have definitely encouraged me to review others.

Others should learn from this.
Re: You Can See What We Didnt See : Help Review Our Website by hanen(f): 8:48am On Oct 21, 2008
Nice, really well done, good to see some professional work for a change.

I concur with yawa about the Why Hire Us box. I was expecting to click,and i'm sure other people would too. It jumps too fast. I think you should let people click to change, and maybe reduce the speed of the animation.

Also, i noticed a bit of space between the navigation and the rest of the page, what's that about? It seems to only be happening on the homepage.

The resources page doesn't seem to have the same font as the rest of the site, and the headings have this blue underline that I get the impression isn't supposed to be there. You might want to check that out.

One final thing, I feel the What They Say boxes could do with some padding, the text looks too close to the edges,

That's it. Good work.
Re: You Can See What We Didnt See : Help Review Our Website by dayotee2(m): 10:47am On Oct 21, 2008
Thank you so much for your reviews, comments, commendations, and suggestions.

From hanen, to Yawa, and to others who have been to the site without commenting and to those yet to submit there comment by the way yawa, your name scares me the first time I saw your post.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to contribute your quota to the success of my brand, and company. Thank you so much.

It is with the deep humility and gratitude that I receive all your suggestions, and the ones I can make immediately I have which includes:

1) why hire us - jumping: Fixed to run on click with a slower animation as suggested by yawa and henen.
2) bit of space between the navigation and the rest of the page: sincerely hanen, I didn’t see that maybe you mean, btw the nav and the header, if that: the header has a padding and a shadow, but some browsers do not display the shadow effect.
3) The “what they say box”: the padding has been added and I agree with you that it makes more sense now than what was there before thanks hanen.
4) Image 117kb: this has been optimized, my initial fear is in losing the image quality but I think its kind of fairer now. Thanks yawa.
5) additional website services: page not found: Now page can be found

I will be glad to have more response on this post.

Its true that two heads are better than one.

Thank you guys, (ladies), you are just great.

Regards

Temidayo Oyebade
Re: You Can See What We Didnt See : Help Review Our Website by yawatide(f): 12:22pm On Oct 21, 2008
wow! r u really a Nigerian man? You talk so profesionally. Seriously, if I owned a company back there, I would hire you. If I had no space, I would fire my least productive employee and put you in his or her place. Seriously!! Don't let my name scare you - I am not as bad as I may seem wink

Its true that two heads are better than one.

I would like to correct the above, with your permission, to, "2 *good* heads are better than one cool
Re: You Can See What We Didnt See : Help Review Our Website by JJYOU: 12:45pm On Oct 21, 2008
good
Re: You Can See What We Didnt See : Help Review Our Website by netwhizmx: 1:19pm On Oct 21, 2008
nice work there dayo, clean n unclogged layouts in all pages and i agree with yawa on how u take to corrections, i must commend u r real professional n instill confidence in ur clients. Now i'd like to bring to ur attention ur portfolio page http://tebixcreative.com/portfolio.aspx "what we have done" there u have thumbnails of the sites u have done, clicking on each thumbnail opens a page with this error msg:

'Server Error in '/' Application.
The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /port_details.aspx

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433'

u can either allow the thumbnail open into a larger image of the site on click with an option to visit the site or simply take out the hyperlink and leave it as a plain image.

, two good heads r better than one just like yawa stated correctly
Re: You Can See What We Didnt See : Help Review Our Website by dayotee2(m): 5:48pm On Oct 21, 2008
Hi my colleagues,

I must confess my head is almost off my neck with all your kind words. I am immensely grateful and glad.

netwhizmx: thanks for your observation, I have fixed the issue.

Yawa: Yes I am a Nigerian, trained and breaded in niaja, thanks for the kind words, I appreciate the intending offer, you need not fire your least productive employee and put me in his or her place, I can be less productive too when am not doing what I love and enjoy doing.

I agree with you, “Two good heads are better than one” …. In this case I have more than two GOOD heads; I have GREAT heads in your guy’s (lady’s) comment, review and commendations.

JJYOU: your comment is short but speaks volume, thank you.

Thank you so much guys, I bet I can trust you for my future projects even before my clients see them.

Thank you, JJYOU, yawa, hanen, netwhizmx.

High Regards

Temidayo Oyebade

Pls am still very much open to your comments, suggestion, commendations.
Re: You Can See What We Didnt See : Help Review Our Website by ztyle(m): 6:26pm On Oct 21, 2008
Na quarrel! undecided
Re: You Can See What We Didnt See : Help Review Our Website by dayotee2(m): 9:42pm On Oct 22, 2008
hi ztyle, can't seems to understand your post.

(1) (Reply)

Bloggers Only / Cbn Online\mobile Payment License / Tory Burch Shoes Flats Store Online Can Be A Great : Shopping Fashion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.