Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,410 members, 7,853,808 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:04 AM

Femi Falana Petitions Courts Over ‘snipers’ Harassment During Osun Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Falana Petitions Courts Over ‘snipers’ Harassment During Osun Election (609 Views)

Why Femi Falana Was Not Made A Minister - Sahara Reporters / Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner / Osun Election: Omisore, PDP Head For Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Falana Petitions Courts Over ‘snipers’ Harassment During Osun Election by activatenigeria: 1:03pm On Aug 14, 2014
Leading civil rights lawyer, Femi Falana (SAN) has petitioned the National Human Rights Commission over the alleged violation of the rights of Mr. Lanre Suraj, an accredited election observer during the Osun elections by “masked snipers”.

The petition read, “We are counsel for Mr. Lanre Suraj, the national co-ordinator of the Human and Environmental Development Agenda, a non-governmental organisation on whose behalf and instructions we write this letter.

“Our client was duly accredited by INEC to monitor the Osun State gubernatorial election which held on Saturday, August 9, 2014.

“In the course of monitoring the said election at Osogbo, Osun state, our client was brutally assaulted by a gang of snipers without any justification.

“As the snipers were allowed to wear masks our client was unable to identify any of them. Our client also witnessed the harassment and intimidation of other innocent people by the snipers. “However, our client’s request to the police to record the criminal activities of the official terrorists was turned down.

“Having confirmed that the masked persons are not members of any of the security agencies in the country, we hereby request the NHRC to investigate their involvement in the Osun State governorship election and the brutalisation of our client by the extra-legal security outfit.

“More so, that the Federal Government had vehemently denied knowledge of the existence of snipers in the country.”
Re: Femi Falana Petitions Courts Over ‘snipers’ Harassment During Osun Election by Krak(m): 2:06pm On Aug 14, 2014
Falana obviously does not know the meaning of the word "Sniper".
Re: Femi Falana Petitions Courts Over ‘snipers’ Harassment During Osun Election by danot1030: 3:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
This is a gud step. Some people has claimed that the federal government and the PDP are responsible for boko-haram terrorism in Nigeria but I never take them serious but wen I saw their activities in Ekiti state I began to have a rethink and seeing d masked men and the unnecessary hounding of the of d oppositions in Osun state election then I know that PDP has a link with terrorism.
Re: Femi Falana Petitions Courts Over ‘snipers’ Harassment During Osun Election by danot1030: 3:35pm On Aug 14, 2014
Krak: Falana obviously does not know the meaning of the word "Sniper".
maybe u shuld educate him.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Tricked Into Selling Kidneys In Indian Hospitals Share Horrible Tales / Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia / EXCLUSIVE: Boko Haram ‘funded Through CBN’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.