Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

MTN Latest Gimmick - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Latest Gimmick (2325 Views)

'quick Charging' A Marketing Gimmick . / MTN Latest Codes For Data And Calls, 500 Naira for 500MB and lots more / MTN LATEST PROMO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Latest Gimmick by shortgun(m): 2:57pm On Aug 14, 2014
I've observed that am not able to initiate calls on my MTN line anytime my credit drops below #100, I will start to hear that yeye female voice saying "your credit has been exhausted and your call terminated, you can borrow airtime from MTN to continue your call bla blah blah.

If I check my credit balance by dialing *556#, I will see that I still have credit on my account.

Also, you can't borrow credit from MTN unless you have exhausted the credit in your account, so frustrating when you are no where near where to buy a recharge card.

It's like they are trying to discourage people from borrowing.
They should just stop the service if they can't manage it.
Re: MTN Latest Gimmick by eunisam: 3:22pm On Aug 14, 2014
so irritatin,making me spend more than i used to spend a day.

1 Like

Re: MTN Latest Gimmick by ayexcel100(m): 3:23pm On Aug 14, 2014
[quote author=shortgun]I've observed that am not able to initiate calls on my MTN line anytime my credit drops below #100, I will start to hear that yeye female voice saying "your credit has been exhausted and your call terminated, you can borrow airtime from MTN to continue your call bla blah blah.

If I check my credit balance by dialing *556#, I will see that I still have credit on my account.

Also, you can't borrow credit from MTN unless you have exhausted the credit in your account, so frustrating when you are no where near where to buy a recharge card.

When that happens, just switch off ur data, it will connect, It's because ur data was on

1 Like

Re: MTN Latest Gimmick by shortgun(m): 3:56pm On Aug 14, 2014
eunisam: so irritatin,making me spend more than i used to spend a day.
They should just stop this borrowing nonsense.
Re: MTN Latest Gimmick by obi4eze(m): 4:56pm On Aug 14, 2014
Just switch off your phone, remove the SIM, reinsert it and restart the phone. Hope it helps
Re: MTN Latest Gimmick by gameboi: 6:13pm On Aug 14, 2014
Re: MTN Latest Gimmick by gentlefada(m): 6:28pm On Aug 14, 2014
shortgun: I've observed that am not able to initiate calls on my MTN line anytime my credit drops below #100, I will start to hear that yeye female voice saying "your credit has been exhausted and your call terminated, you can borrow airtime from MTN to continue your call bla blah blah.

Called their customer care about this problem. The issue is that ur fone is reserving ur remaining balance for internet browsing. So what you would do is to simply switch of ur mobile data and make ur call and switch it back on when u are through with ur call. No need to switch off ur fone.
Re: MTN Latest Gimmick by shortgun(m): 7:19pm On Aug 14, 2014
gentlefada:
Called their customer care about this problem. The issue is that ur fone is reserving ur remaining balance for internet browsing. So what you would do is to simply switch of ur mobile data and make ur call and switch it back on when u are through with ur call. No need to switch off ur fone.
Really!? How does ones phone reserve credit for Internet browsing?
Primary purpose of a mobile phone is to make calls, not to browse or any other thing.
There is a flaw in there system but they will never admit it, or they are doing this on purpose.
Re: MTN Latest Gimmick by bbdrown: 8:27pm On Aug 14, 2014
Same here. Just drop the call and re-dial
Re: MTN Latest Gimmick by gentlefada(m): 8:49pm On Aug 14, 2014
shortgun:
Primary purpose of a mobile phone is to make calls, not to browse or any other thing.
There is a flaw in there system but they will never admit it, or they are doing this on purpose.
Ofcourse the problem is from MTN because my etisalat sims does not do the same on the same phone but thats what they told me when I called their CC
Re: MTN Latest Gimmick by Lordseyad(m): 9:42pm On Aug 14, 2014
Haba! na today U know....

But bros, that's how it is, especially when your data is on, just off it , and make your call...

Whatsapp is one of the cause of this ish, If your balance is below 100 and ya whatsapp is On, Guy forget calling.
Re: MTN Latest Gimmick by NnamdiN: 8:55am On Aug 15, 2014
shortgun:
it does o, I had the same issues, I designated a key for mobile data, before a call, I switch it off, and on again after the call...I wonder why my phone would be reserving airtime for me...I think it happens only with mtn, but if your phone isnt internet enabled, it doesnt happen...Do you use any of this new Nokia ashas?
Re: MTN Latest Gimmick by aieromon(m): 9:05am On Aug 15, 2014
Call CC and give them a piece of your mind. I did that after constant episodes of restarting my phone just to make a call. They need to do a reset on your line.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Android Phone Of 10k / MTN And ETISALAT Internet DATA Recharge / #infinixreward Infinix Easter Reward Promo Is Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.