Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,855 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Kickoffnigeria Closes Down - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kickoffnigeria Closes Down (23210 Views)

Arsene Wenger Closes In On £27m Double Swoop For Midfielder And Striker / Kickoffnigeria Closes Down For Not Being Profitable. / African Village Olympics Hospitality Center Closes Due To Financial problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by Segadem(m): 9:42pm On Aug 14, 2014
McLuhan: Oh no! How sad that we'll be missing Kickoff. For those who don't know, KickoffNigeria is - or was - the equivalent of Nairaland for fans of Nigerian football. I guess the drop in advertising and patronage might be attributable to competition from other football websites like Goal.com.
it will soon be open again. it's business strategy. now they will say they have received many calls and msgs from many ppl to be back and b4 u know it, you and I that don't know about the sites before, we have read about its closure and when it re-opens many will read it also, by that time it would have created much publicity.
Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 14, 2014
They had early mover advantage, but goal.com sent them out of the market when they refused to innovate.

As a undergrad, 2003-2006 that site was my favourite for sports news.
Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by Bernardinho(m): 9:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
jst visited kickoff website n it z function qood n fyn
Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by Ibime(m): 9:59pm On Aug 14, 2014
That site has existed for over 12 years. I was one of their early readers. Back then they were competing with cybereagles.com. That also fell by the wayside I believe.

1 Like

Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by bosunjohns(m): 10:31pm On Aug 14, 2014
arsetalks: To be honest, it is not easy for football bloggers but I am surprised kickoff are complaining of not getting advertisers. They could have use CPM networks, post more articles, get listed on news feed sites, publish more foreign articles and they definitely would have stayed on.

I am a football blogger myself and I know it is difficult ( very difficult ) when starting out but I do not want to believe that after so many years they are still find it difficult. My blog is now 7 years old and we definitely publish more articles than kick off and probably have more writers.

They are not telling us something.

I just hope they put up their domain name for sale before it drops and expires.
Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by lagtech(m): 10:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
yusufu16: [b]Are you a die-hard football lover? I’m sure YOU ARE!

Would you like to be up to date with all the latest sports news?

Would you like to have someone to talk sports with, whenever you want?

Nairagoal.com is the new sports-forum platform specially designed for Nigeria!

If you like sports, Nairagoal is the place to be! The forum is where all Nigerian football-lovers gather to chat and discuss the latest news and rumors.

From the international to the little leagues, Nairagoal covers everything and anything the community wants to discuss. We give football a voice and a place, every day, any time.

Come to Nairagoal.com and discuss:
• Football teams & their players
• Football competitions
• Football news & rumors

If you’re looking for a like-minded crowd of football fanatics, Nairagoal is where you should be!

CLICK HERE to register now! Become a member today, start talking football! ITS 100% FREE
[/b]

I sent you a message request -need to discuss something with you urgently.
Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by Deepfreezer(m): 10:40pm On Aug 14, 2014
what!!! they should hv auctioned the site. please anyone git their contact I'm ready to buy that site.
Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by yusufu16: 11:03pm On Aug 14, 2014
lagtech:

Please send the message again i am now following you
Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by yusufu16: 11:14pm On Aug 14, 2014
lagtech:

I sent you an email
Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by frleopardo: 11:23pm On Aug 14, 2014
Profayo: It is with a heavy heart that we announce
the immediate closure of the
KickOffNigeria.com web and mobile sites,
as well as all it’s social media pages.
KON relaunched almost two years ago after
many years in the wilderness, and while the
traffic uptake was pleasing, the lack of
sustainable advertising and sponsorship
revenue has meant that it no longer makes
business sense to keep the platforms
operational.
We would like to thank all our readers for the
loyalty and support they have shown
KickOffNigeria; it has been a pleasure
reporting to such dedicated and
knowledgeable fans.

www.kickoffnigeria.com/mobile/news/47774/kickoffnigeria-closes-down

Sport fans in Nigeria will definitely miss kickoff.
@ op, are you a forumite there? If so, then what is your username? I just to know if you are one of those troublesome forumite there.
Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by Theanonymous9: 11:55pm On Aug 14, 2014
busky101: Ebola scare!

try find small brain
Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by NSNA: 1:28am On Aug 15, 2014
Its been ages since i heard of kick off Nigeria. Used to be a regular years back. Not a great way to hear about them after so many years.
Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by BobbySaka(m): 1:36am On Aug 15, 2014
Lets talk, I got a New BBM pin: 7EFCF5CC
Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by bensowe(m): 6:13am On Aug 15, 2014
Sport fans in Nigeria will definitely miss kickoff.

Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 15, 2014
eleojo23: Never heard of the site. Some things only become popular after they die.
lipsrsealed
eleojo23: Never heard of the site. Some things only become popular after they die.
dagrin
Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by Profayo: 9:53am On Aug 15, 2014
frleopardo:
@ op, are you a forumite there? If so, then what is your username? I just to know if you are one of those troublesome forumite there.
Am not a forumite,just a faithful reader.
Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by busky101(m): 12:08pm On Aug 15, 2014
Theanonymous9:

try find small brain
lol...ur own brain is atomic in size
Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by shadrach77: 12:48pm On Aug 15, 2014
Mannylex: If that site has existed for two years and I havent visited it even once, it means they werent doing well at all... I cant imagine a day passing by without me visiting nairaland, and bbc sport(during premiership and uefa period)... 'KO' wont be missed, though itz a pity they just had a 'Knock Out' Have no fear; Mannylex is here

two years ke? Believe it or not, kickoffnigeria has been existing since 1997. It was one of the first sites i developed an interest in when i started surfing many years ago. Another long standing website is Nigeriaworld. Sadly that site too has gone down in popularity and has been overtaken by sites such as Nairaland, Linda Ikeji etc. Such a sad day for Nigerian football fans angry angry angry angry
Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by shadrach77: 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2014
fattbabakay: See dis ones...S3un Osewa spent years b4 he could make a penny on Nairaland...dey came in just two yrs ago and already accepted defeat...Na una sabi
How long have been a football fan? How old are you sef? How long have you been surfing the web? KickOffNigeria has been around since 1996 if not longer. Read my previous post. The one above this very one shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked angry angry angry
Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by DARock29: 3:10pm On Aug 15, 2014
This is the first site i always visit when i step into the office;(

please can someone tell me which other site one can go to for Nigerian football.
Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by yusufu16: 3:51pm On Aug 15, 2014
DARock29: This is the first site i always visit when i step into the office;(

please can someone tell me which other site one can go to for Nigerian football.

Please Continue to Visit Nigeria's Fastest Growing Online Sports Forum - www.nairagoal.com. CLICK HERE To Register. ITS 100% FREE!
Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by robosky02(m): 3:54pm On Aug 15, 2014
too bad
i get most of my sports gist here

cant believe its true

first they closed kickoffghana
now kickoffnigeria

oya kukuma close kickoffsouthafrica
Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by fattbabakay(m): 5:32pm On Aug 15, 2014
shadrach77:
How long have been a football fan? How old are you sef?
Ur age should be a sore point for u if u're nowea near my achievement!

How long have you been surfing the web?
I might av been surfing d web sinc God made me,dah doesn't mean I shud know a once-upon-a-time website!

KickOffNigeria has been around since 1996 if not longer. Read my previous post. The one above this very one shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked angry angry angry
IDGAF...Even if it's been arnd since 1914...btw if kickoffura$$ started in 1996,wen did mgoal even start??Get ur facts right man #MyTwoCents
Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by fattbabakay(m): 5:32pm On Aug 15, 2014
shadrach77:
How long have been a football fan? How old are you sef? How long have you been surfing the web? KickOffNigeria has been around since 1996 if not longer. Read my previous post. The one above this very one shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked angry angry angry
Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by shadrach77: 5:38pm On Aug 15, 2014
fattbabakay: Ur age should be a sore point for u if u're nowea near my achievement!

I might av been surfing d web sinc God made me,dah doesn't mean I shud know a once-upon-a-time website!

IDGAF...Even if it's been arnd since 1914...btw if kickoffura$$ started in 1996,wen did mgoal even start??Get ur facts right man #MyTwoCents

Touts will always give off their background through their comments. No need to trade banters. What's your achievement by the way?
Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by edi287: 2:55am On Aug 16, 2014
Funny enough KON was one of the first sites i used to go on when i first learned how to use a pc back in primary school. It started getting boring as time went by so its not really surprising. At least Cybereagles is still around.
Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by controljunky(m): 2:09pm On Aug 16, 2014
Used to visit it a lot, but now I only read news on the www.SL10.ng that launched in May. Best site ever. So many of their stories are picked up by newspapers now, too. Sometimes I go on KON and there was only one story for a day, maybe two. SL10 has two pages of just Nigerian football stories 24-7 and a full international section, though Goal is good there too. I think Toyin Ibitoye is involved in SL10 because during World Cup, his diary was on SL10.ng every day. He is my best anyway.
Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by Chartey(m): 3:26pm On Aug 17, 2014
controljunky: Used to visit it a lot, but now I only read news on the www.SL10.ng that launched in May. Best site ever. So many of their stories are picked up by newspapers now, too. Sometimes I go on KON and there was only one story for a day, maybe two. SL10 has two pages of just Nigerian football stories 24-7 and a full international section, though Goal is good there too. I think Toyin Ibitoye is involved in SL10 because during World Cup, his diary was on SL10.ng every day. He is my best anyway.
Another South African site like kickoff. Just the Nigerian version of SoccerLaduma. They think spelling it in full won't be attractive to Nigerians so they just made it SL10. The site is even dry sef, or are you their PR person?
Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by Chartey(m): 3:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by controljunky(m): 8:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
Chartey: Another South African site like kickoff. Just the Nigerian version of SoccerLaduma. They think spelling it in full won't be attractive to Nigerians so they just made it SL10. The site is even dry sef, or are you their PR person?

Don't care where it originates from. I found it on Nairaland. The advert is on the page here. The writers on it are from Nigeria for sure. Goal doesn't come from Nigeria. But I been in South Africa and I like Soccer Laduma too. I think SL10 is there clothing brand. I just like they actually cover NPL, every game has own report, not just one for all games. I like the interviews too. Hey, if they pay me, I'd do PR, easy to sell.
Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by Emmysteve(m): 12:40pm On Apr 09, 2015
DARock29:
This is the first site i always visit when i step into the office;(

www.sl10.ng is your answer and thank me later
Re: Kickoffnigeria Closes Down by firedaman1(m): 10:51am On Oct 08, 2015
gbosaa:
That site used to be my no.1 till i discovered nairaland..After nairaland,i pop in their to read the idris,suya,nkata ofo...The likes of Gadaffi in the past made it so interesting till it turned siasia vs keshi and then the nairaland disease affected it..tribal warriors.. grin grin..

Colin Udoh and crew contributed to its demise....they are always late to report news...it was forumites who made it interesting,contributing,sourcing and posting breaking news....

I,ll miss the guys there.

My brother, it was my no1 sport site. No day passes without reading up to date news about Nigerian sports and players abroad. never knew Abiola Dauda and others till it was discussed there. still remember the up to date videos posted there by AYphilly when super eagles played friendlies in US....ghadafi, controversial nkataofor1, ever lying idris that kept posing as Keshi's manager, suya from sokoto, elampo1 and all the wonderful guys that made kickoffnigeria a fun place to visit, even without Collin Udoh's input (who never updates news, but rather copy and paste news from other sites).
will surely miss those wonderful guys and that site.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Andrea Pirlo Retires From Football / NFF Election Today: Profile Of The Top 4 Candidates / 5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.