Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,654 members, 7,827,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

The Last Facebook Message From Nigeria Nurse That Died Of Ebola - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Last Facebook Message From Nigeria Nurse That Died Of Ebola (2890 Views)

Osun Doctor Died Of Lassa Fever / Liberian Dies In Morocco Of Ebola - Internal Affairs Minister Discloses / Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Last Facebook Message From Nigeria Nurse That Died Of Ebola by kelechiodo(m): 9:26pm On Aug 14, 2014
A nurse who attended to Liberian-American Ebola victim Obi Justina Ejelonu has died.

Her family confirmed the story to Sahara Reporters through a telephone call. She passed away this morning.

Ejelonu was in a quarantine facility in Lagos.

Until her death, she was outspoken about the virus. and was at the centre of a campaign for the Zmapp experimental drug to be sent to Nigeria.

Before she was diagnosed the virus, she posted this message on Facebook;

“Obi Justina Ejelonu:

Friends,
thank God for me o.i had a close contact with the first Ebola case in Nigeria..:.Long story cut short,God saved me dearly.join me in thanking God.

I never contacted his fluids. I checked his vitals, helped him with his food (he was too weak)…..I basically touched where his hands touched and that’s the only contact. Not directly with his fluids. At a stage, he yanked off his infusion and we had blood everywhere on his bed…..but the ward maids took care of that and changed his linens with great precaution. Every patient is treated as high risk …..if it were airborne, by now wahala for dey. I still thank God.

Friends, up to our uniforms n all linens were burnt off. We r on surveillance n off work till 11th. Our samples v long bn taken by WHO n so far we v been fine. For me, kudos to my hospital managt cos we work professionally wt every patient considered risk cos thats d training. Had it been it’s a hospital where they manage ordinary gloves lik Govt hospital n some supporter of APC private hosp..:lol….wahala for dey o. I must also thank Lagos Govt….infact! Even fed govt sef….all been supportive. I’m good n so r the others in d hospital”

Unfortunately, a few days later, she tested positive for Ebola and has now passed away. Justina was 25.

Copied from Mbulela post[b][/b]
Re: The Last Facebook Message From Nigeria Nurse That Died Of Ebola by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
source please.

I want to see for myself because I am sure the whole Ebola hysteria in Nigeria is hoax

where is link to her Facebook
Re: The Last Facebook Message From Nigeria Nurse That Died Of Ebola by purplesummer(f): 9:57pm On Aug 14, 2014
May her soul rest in peace.
In fact, these health workers who have lost their lives for the sake of others should all go to heaven. That's selflessness!

2 Likes

Re: The Last Facebook Message From Nigeria Nurse That Died Of Ebola by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 14, 2014
shocked shocked shocked
RIP to the dead!
May Ebola not find us or any member of our family, Amen.

2 Likes

Re: The Last Facebook Message From Nigeria Nurse That Died Of Ebola by ofala(m): 10:49pm On Aug 14, 2014
Can't remember the last time I cried but I just felt like weeping for you Sis...You are FREE from all worries of this Earth...Peace...peace. Rest In Peace...

5 Likes

Re: The Last Facebook Message From Nigeria Nurse That Died Of Ebola by Itoroetti(m): 11:11pm On Aug 14, 2014
RIP dear.may God be with.
life is too short for we to hate others.imagine this happening,it could have been u or me,butGod's grace has kept us.
do the best u can for humanity while ure alive.
Re: The Last Facebook Message From Nigeria Nurse That Died Of Ebola by Dubby6(m): 11:24pm On Aug 14, 2014
Eeya...Rip lady
if theres anything like d spirit world, make sure u hack dat fat Sawyer to death2
Re: The Last Facebook Message From Nigeria Nurse That Died Of Ebola by Camellia(f): 11:47pm On Aug 14, 2014
Rip nurse Justina......unfortunately she is sumone my family know personally.... Rip obioma... u showed dat even in face of pending danger....nwanne rest in d bossom of d almighty. cry

3 Likes

Re: The Last Facebook Message From Nigeria Nurse That Died Of Ebola by jotey(m): 11:59pm On Aug 14, 2014
rest in peace o

Patrick Sawyer see what you have caused
Re: The Last Facebook Message From Nigeria Nurse That Died Of Ebola by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 15, 2014
I feel so sad sad and weak after reading dis...rest in peace, sister. sad
Re: The Last Facebook Message From Nigeria Nurse That Died Of Ebola by Ariyke: 1:29am On Aug 15, 2014
Ha! I read her facebook update some days ago na

RIP Sis embarassed
Re: The Last Facebook Message From Nigeria Nurse That Died Of Ebola by Ruq: 3:14am On Aug 15, 2014
purplesummer: May her soul rest in peace.
In fact, these health workers who have lost their lives for the sake of others should all go to heaven. That's selflessness!

heaven is in our minds, but I do wish what you say is how God rolls.
Re: The Last Facebook Message From Nigeria Nurse That Died Of Ebola by kenn100: 5:09am On Aug 15, 2014
Touching...may your soul rest in peace. Amen

1 Like

Re: The Last Facebook Message From Nigeria Nurse That Died Of Ebola by NecheBaby6: 6:43am On Aug 15, 2014
Eternal Rest grant unto her Oh Lord and let perpetual light shine upon her and may her soul rest in peace Amen
Re: The Last Facebook Message From Nigeria Nurse That Died Of Ebola by asadike(f): 9:05am On Aug 15, 2014
great igbo lady, rest in peace, we love u and we mis u.
Re: The Last Facebook Message From Nigeria Nurse That Died Of Ebola by Fireson: 9:32am On Aug 15, 2014
R.I.P !!!! REST IN HIS GLORY TILL WE MEET TO PART NO MORE. cry[color=#990000][/color]
Re: The Last Facebook Message From Nigeria Nurse That Died Of Ebola by fr3do(m): 11:34am On Aug 15, 2014
cry RIPP
Re: The Last Facebook Message From Nigeria Nurse That Died Of Ebola by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 15, 2014
R.I.P.P. to her and all affected people. Our prayers is that the so untested drugs should work perfectly for the cure so that more lives will not be lost.
Re: The Last Facebook Message From Nigeria Nurse That Died Of Ebola by kelechiodo(m): 5:48pm On Aug 15, 2014
thegreatman4ww: R.I.P.P. to her and all affected people. Our prayers is that the so untested drugs should work perfectly for the cure so that more lives will not be lost.
Unfortunately, our own trumpeted medicine has been described as pesticide by US
Re: The Last Facebook Message From Nigeria Nurse That Died Of Ebola by vicoloni(m): 7:04pm On Aug 15, 2014
Why isn't this post on front page instead of some useless threads promoted? At least let her become a popular hero posthumously!
Re: The Last Facebook Message From Nigeria Nurse That Died Of Ebola by mindurbiznes: 7:45pm On Aug 15, 2014
cry
Re: The Last Facebook Message From Nigeria Nurse That Died Of Ebola by deols(f): 8:30pm On Aug 15, 2014
It is unfortunate.

:'-(
Re: The Last Facebook Message From Nigeria Nurse That Died Of Ebola by kelechiodo(m): 5:45pm On Aug 19, 2014
Only God knows why she died so soon. She would have been among those being discharged

(1) (Reply)

Is Smoking The Shisha Pipe Healthy Or Unhealthy(photos) / Final Cure For Bed Wetting. / I Swallowed Nylon While Eating Pineapple. What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.