Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,758 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. (31485 Views)

30 Soldiers Monitor Tinubu's Ikoyi Home / 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga / DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by checkdate(m): 11:37am On Aug 15, 2014
celeron40: Don't be a fool...I pasted the link of the news....and no..its not SaharaReporters...its Vanguard Nigeria..what source can be better than that? You xpect the DHQ to admit losing 30 soldiers? ..Relax your pe.nis.
YOU ARE FALSE NEWS CARRIER !
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by robosky02(m): 11:41am On Aug 15, 2014
sabotage

sabotage

sabotage

sabotage

sabotage

idontbelieveit that one bloody shakau can hold us naija
to ramsome without internal and external sabotage

abeg stop wasting the lives of our young men and making thier wives widows

1 Like

Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 15, 2014
Chylo: What a joke!

Military commanders who have no modern understanding of warfare. How can your men keep getting ambushed time and time again. No recon, no advanced planning and strategy, just anywhere belle face? Too bad.

If even one US soldier dies uselessly, dere will be an inquiry. Here, we are loosing our men, not to a better enemy, but to bad leadership. RIP to the unknown soldier.
u dnt sit in ur confort zone and spew rubish do realise fightin gorilla war is d most dificult war
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by Chylo(m): 12:01pm On Aug 15, 2014
Punkinmusty: u dnt sit in ur confort zone and spew rubish do realise fightin gorilla war is d most dificult war

My friend, whether its gorilla or monkey war, such level of losses are unacceptable jaare. If the commanders do their due diligence most of it can be avoided.
PS: Its guerilla not gorilla

1 Like

Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by suolboy(m): 12:51pm On Aug 15, 2014
In this very operation, I lost my friend, classmate, roommate Lieutenant Temitope. May soul rest in the bossom of the Lord. Nigeria sacrificed u, but u will always be in our heart. SUNSET AT MID-DAY.
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by Wallie(m): 1:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
If 30 soldiers truly died in exchange for 50 Boko Haram killed then we have a serious problem! This is not supposed to be "shoot me I shoot you" contest. At this rate, how many soldiers will need to die to wipe out Boko Haram? It seems our soldiers are just running in blindly without any intelligence gathered of what's ahead of them. Did the military just think BH will lay a welcoming mat as they approached the town? Isn't it common knowledge that even common thieves ambush policeman? Why would an ambush by BH not be expected?

RIP to the soldiers!

1 Like

Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by mikkyword(m): 1:31pm On Aug 15, 2014
Please stop publicising the numbers of soldiers that lost their lives and publicize the numbers of the insurgent that was KIA, this will minimise their activities. But when you announce the numbers of trained gallant soldiers that was KIA it encourages the sect.
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by Skmoda360(m): 1:44pm On Aug 15, 2014
Liability: gallant soldier.

But we should stop leaking our strategies online. Carry out the plan first before posting the aftermath to the media. We have boko informants online ooo.
girlie, u are damn right...lots of them.
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by ogtavia(m): 2:05pm On Aug 15, 2014

Military commanders who have no modern understanding of warfare. How can your men keep getting ambushed time and time again. No recon, no advanced planning and strategy, just anywhere belle face? Too bad.

If even one US soldier dies uselessly, dere will be an inquiry. Here, we are loosing our men, not to a better enemy, but to bad leadership. RIP to the unknown soldier.

I am telling u m brother,it baffles me,most of dis Boko Haram didn't go proper rigorous training like d soldiers did,they were all recruited haphazardly.Abt d ambush,look there are moles everywhere,even d army,under normal circumstances,boko haram doesn't av d proper intelligence to face nigerian soldiers,why do u think the Americans who came to help didn't achieve much,there efforts might have been stifled,consider this,gunmen walk into a school,kidnap a large of kids,kill some and for over 120 days,no positive news have been heard,consider it occuring in d US,u get d picture don't u....its a parody,a movie still in its credits scene,more will unfold in time to come,Nigerian soldiers didn't die dis much when they were sent to liberia,sierra leone,libya,mali,sudan etc...except d randy ones who died from HIV/AIDS,but here our soldiers have become so expendable that,when 30 soldiers lose their alives against 50 dead BHs,questns are nt asked...its a pity,I just pray,it doesn't get to where,everyman will have to stand up,take up arms and fight for his life,family and land,if it does,unless I am forced,I will gladly leave this nation with my family and go elsewhere,yes,there is no place like home,but home is what u make of it....I am so pissed off right now...

5 Likes

Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by kobonaire(m): 2:22pm On Aug 15, 2014
nijanigga:
They've all died in vain, because to die for Nigeria=die in vain.
while true, the least we can do is to give them some "e-respect" for their ultimate sacrifice
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by nijanigga: 2:29pm On Aug 15, 2014
banega: How could you possibly say such a thing, damn your so ungrateful • sad
Please be real? Do you know how much their families get paid? Paltry, and to get the money sef, na hell. And these are all man made, senseless war.Meanwhile our politicians are busy looting.Why are you NOT advocating for confederation? Trust me most of those soldiers killed are from the south.
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by Vikky014(f): 2:29pm On Aug 15, 2014
nijanigga:
They've all died in vain, because to die for Nigeria=die in vain.
jst say rip to dem,weda in vain or not
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by SergeAlain: 3:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
nijanigga:
RIP but. They've all died in vain, because to die for Nigeria=die in vain.

There is something distinctly wrong with a lot of us here. What exactly is Nigeria? Do you think Nigeria ia GEJ and his family? Well sorry you are wrong, Nigeria is You, me and everyone else on this blog as well as outside. It just happens that we have selected GEJ to rule us (purposely or by default i.e. if you did not vote). If you dont like him, go and vote him out at the next election.

As for those very brave young men who have paid the supreme price, bear in mind that if nobody is willing to do what they are doing, Boko Haram will be in Lagos within the Month, and we will all soon be dieing for our families (i hope you don't also think dying for your family is dying in vain?).

The choice is simple, stand together as a Country for once and die for one another, or wait to die one family after another as Boko Haram arrives at a town near you.

The Choice is yours!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by SergeAlain: 3:23pm On Aug 15, 2014
ogtavia:

I am telling u m brother,it baffles me,most of dis Boko Haram didn't go proper rigorous training like d soldiers did,they were all recruited haphazardly.Abt d ambush,look there are moles everywhere,even d army,under normal circumstances,boko haram doesn't av d proper intelligence to face nigerian soldiers,why do u think the Americans who came to help didn't achieve much,there efforts might have been stifled,consider this,gunmen walk into a school,kidnap a large of kids,kill some and for over 120 days,no positive news have been heard,consider it occuring in d US,u get d picture don't u....its a parody,a movie still in its credits scene,more will unfold in time to come,Nigerian soldiers didn't die dis much when they were sent to liberia,sierra leone,libya,mali,sudan etc...except d randy ones who died from HIV/AIDS,but here our soldiers have become so expendable that,when 30 soldiers lose their alives against 50 dead BHs,questns are nt asked...its a pity,I just pray,it doesn't get to where,everyman will have to stand up,take up arms and fight for his life,family and land,if it does,unless I am forced,I will gladly leave this nation with my family and go elsewhere,yes,there is no place like home,but home is what u make of it....I am so pissed off right now...

Hahaha!! You guys evidently think this is a tea party, and that Boko Haram are a bunch of girl Guides? Well welcome to reality. These guys are shooting live ammunition. Casualties are unavoidable in every war. Go and look up the casualties the Russian Army suffered in the war against Chenchen freedom fighters, or their casualties in the war in Afghanistan and you will realise what i am saying, and bear in mind that the Russian Army is 100 times better equipped than our army is.

Fighting a bunch of doped and deluded fanatics who are looking forward to death is not easy!! Please show some respect to people who have volunteered to stand for us in these dark times.

1 Like

Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by Kevsman(m): 3:27pm On Aug 15, 2014
DEGREE2466: They should die very well. Nigeria soldiers are just nuisants to this country. When it comes to fighting the insurgents they become weak but if it comes to the civilians, there you will see their strenght. Bunch of wicked animals.

Truth is, nigeria police is now better than nigeria army both in corruption and vigilance.
you no get sence at all
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by tonte(m): 4:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
Can Sirus Black please confirm that he is still alive, please he must not die
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by tunex23: 4:51pm On Aug 15, 2014
My friend lost his elder brother during the fight last week with boko haram, he was a graduate with 2nd class upper from FUTMINNA but joined the Nigeria Army, RIP Lt Temitope
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by tunex23: 4:58pm On Aug 15, 2014
suolboy: In this very operation, I lost my friend, classmate, roommate Lieutenant Temitope. May soul rest in the bossom of the Lord. Nigeria sacrificed u, but u will always be in our heart. SUNSET AT MID-DAY.
Tope was my friend elder brother, the parent were seriously down, It realy a shame a young gallant brave soldier died like that, it pains me so much and i couldnt bear it.
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by ogtavia(m): 5:07pm On Aug 15, 2014
SergeAlain:

Hahaha!! You guys evidently think this is a tea party, and that Boko Haram are a bunch of girl Guides? Well welcome to reality. These guys are shooting live ammunition. Casualties are unavoidable in every war. Go and look up the casualties the Russian Army suffered in the war against Chenchen freedom fighters, or their casualties in the war in Afghanistan and you will realise what i am saying, and bear in mind that the Russian Army is 100 times better equipped than our army is.

Fighting a bunch of doped and deluded fanatics who are looking forward to death is not easy!! Please show some respect to people who have volunteered to stand for us in these dark times.
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by ogtavia(m): 5:14pm On Aug 15, 2014
SergeAlain:

Bro my respect for the Nigerian soldiers,both serving and those who have paid d ultimate price is as high mount everest,I didn't say fighting boko haram was a tea party,I didn't say it is a walk in d park,yet,boko haram might not measure up to d rebels they av fought in their peacekeeping missions,u might av missed d point I was trying to make,yet,I still stand my views and say oour men have died unjustly and carelessly,most times its nt open combat,its ambush,why ambush...its lyk d guys are sent dere to be killed.

1 Like

Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by suolboy(m): 5:38pm On Aug 15, 2014
tunex23: Tope was my friend elder brother, the parent were seriously down, It realy a shame a young gallant brave soldier died like that, it pains me so much and i couldnt bear it.
So u know him?
Till now I can't get myself, somebody that called me just three weeks ago. Really, fighting for this Nigeria that our politicians and top military men are milking, is just pathetic. With Tope's death, I finally give up on this very country call NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by rhames(m): 6:52pm On Aug 15, 2014
brownlord: Good job boys, send them all to meet their 72 virgins

And to the gallant men that paid the prize, it's better on the other side, God bless your gallant soul.

Which 72 Virgins. They are all going to the hottest part of HEll Fire. grin
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by Icecomrade: 7:08pm On Aug 15, 2014
Air raid is still an option especially in locations where BH has sacked villagers, fully occupied and hoisted their flags. No fear of civilian casualties
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by ramdris(m): 8:11pm On Aug 15, 2014
ojimbo: stop hailing their courage you hypocrite. Go and join them in the fight
Must we all join d force to show our admiration and appreciation for their courage?. Think Mr. Think!
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by buJu234: 8:25pm On Aug 15, 2014
Don't nigeria has air power.... or are the airforce on strike
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by Hero10001: 9:02pm On Aug 15, 2014
30 Men?! Chineke ooo.
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by Lawalemi(m): 9:03pm On Aug 15, 2014
Nigeria, currently the worst place to be a soldier
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by gebest: 9:16pm On Aug 15, 2014
Liability: gallant soldier.

But we should stop leaking our strategies online. Carry out the plan first before posting the aftermath to the media. We have boko informants online ooo.
if dem did not leaked it to u, u people will say dey are not working.

1 Like

Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by billyG(m): 9:38pm On Aug 15, 2014
Y cnt d miltary evacuated d civilian villages in sambisa forest & burn down d evil forest.
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by xtervaganza(m): 8:34pm On Aug 16, 2014

and with this horrible battle strategy, we have some mumu who keep saying we have the best army in Africa

Nonsense!
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by xtervaganza(m): 8:36pm On Aug 16, 2014
As much as I believe these soldiers died while protecting us

I'll only pity them when Nigerian soldiers stop acting like animals

When they stop assaulting and maiming ‘bloody civilians’

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Bayelsa State (photos) / Crisis: Tension In Jos, Many Killed / PDP Copied American Embassy And 10 Downing Street On Election Tribunal (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.