Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,109 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. (3744 Views)

Army: AI Report On Clash With Shi’ites Hasty, Partial, Subjective / PDP Beats APC In Abuja / GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by Gbawe: 6:45pm On Aug 15, 2014
ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu fails to register in PDP, beats a hasty retreat
By Bankole Jamgbadi on August 15, 2014@todayngr

Contrary to reports that Malam Nuhu Ribadu, a former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) was on the verge of joining the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), the former anti-graft czar has said that he remained a member of the All Progressives Congress (APC). He said this amid unconfirmed reports that an automatic waiver was already awaiting him in the event that he defects to the PDP. A section of the media had reported that he was billed to register for the PDP in his home state, Adamawa, yesterday, in preparation for his eventual indication of interest in the governorship race on the platform of the party.

The by-election holds in October this year to fill the vacancy created by the impeachment of ex-governor Murtala Nyako. According to a source, who spoke with Leadership, the failure of Ribadu to register as a PDP member had a lot to do with the inability of the tripartite parties, that is, Ribadu, the Presidency and the top echelon of the PDP, to firm up an arrangements intended to smoothen things for him to pick the party’s governorship ticket on a platter. It was also gathered that Ribadu developed cold feet when it became obvious that while the Presidency was ready to grant him an automatic waiver, some powerful power blocs within the party insisted he must go through the party primary like others. This, according to sources, was seen by Ribadu as a means of taking him out of the APC only to rubbish in the PDP. Efforts to reach Ribadu were not fruitful as his three lines were switched off when LEADESHIP Friday called at 8:15pm . But his media aide, Abdulaziz Fagge, said his principal was not in Adamawa to register as a member of the PDP.

“As I am talking to you, Malam Nuhu Ribadu is in Abuja; he is not in Adamawa as being speculated”, Fagge said. In his reaction, the Adamawa State chairman of the PDP, Chief Joel Madaki, said he unaware that Ribadu was coming to the state to register as a member of the party. “The truth is that we want people in our party; everybody is welcome, we do not discriminate at all. But on this particular matter, I am not aware that Ribadu is coming to register as a member of our party. “But please, I must remind you, and quote me please, that you join a party and then you aspire to a position; you don’t aspire to a position before you join a party,” Madaki said.

Read more at TODAY: http://www.today.ng/politics/adamawa-guber-ribadu-fails-to-register-in-pdp-beats-a-hasty-retreat/
Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by DickDastardly(m): 6:47pm On Aug 15, 2014
APC or PDP two sides of same bad coin!

3 Likes

Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by atlwireles: 6:56pm On Aug 15, 2014
Nuhu actually thought he had a chance to win the PDP primary in Adamawa State undecided Smart move to remain in APC, you will not add a single value to PDP in the state, rather you will cause more problems. Nyako was a transplant, see where he got us.

1 Like

Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by Mynd44: 7:03pm On Aug 15, 2014
Nigerian politics is a comedy of errors.....propaganda upon propaganda

2 Likes

Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by Nctrice(m): 7:10pm On Aug 15, 2014
we are watching closely!
Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by C0llynz0ii: 7:20pm On Aug 15, 2014
PDP respects internal democracy, if he can't stand for the primaries, he shouldn't bother joining.
He can remain in APC where the ticket can be given to him without primaries.

5 Likes

Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 7:25pm On Aug 15, 2014
^^ yes bro,we are watching in 4D
Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by omenka(m): 7:29pm On Aug 15, 2014
Lucky he didn't test the depth of the waters with both feet!! Gentleman would've been drowning right now.

Politics in this country is so full of neck breaking intrigues! You need to be ten plots ahead in the movie otherwise you miss your role and get thrown out of set!!

Still a fan of the gentleman any day. smiley

3 Likes

Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:35pm On Aug 15, 2014
Na Today!
Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by Tolexander: 7:40pm On Aug 15, 2014
Seems Ribadu is confused!

1 Like

Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
APC shouldn't hand him the Guber ticket either!

This is a man that should be learning under GMB peradventure the Honest one can deliver the depth of his political clout and long staying power to him but it seems his prevarication has gotten a better part of him

Let him go to PDP even if it is to contest for a councillorship post

1 Like

Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by lakpalakpa: 7:44pm On Aug 15, 2014
Ribadu should join PDP and I promised he will receive the Soludo treatment.

I wonder if he has forgotten how Jona-daft and his goons rubbish the good work of the committee he was part of about two years ago..

undecided undecided undecided undecided

7 Likes

Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by DeLaRue: 7:51pm On Aug 15, 2014
The fact Ribadu may have even considered joining PDP is shocking.

I always thought there were at least one or two people with integrity in the Nigerian political space, now I realise I was seriously misguided.

They are mostly in it for themselves.

6 Likes

Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by mindurbiznes: 7:57pm On Aug 15, 2014
Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by Gbawe: 7:57pm On Aug 15, 2014
lakpalakpa: Ribadu should join PDP and I promised he will receive the Soludo treatment.

I wonder if he has forgotten how Jona-daft and his goons rubbish the good work of the committee he was part of about two years ago..

undecided undecided undecided undecided

This is what I am thinking too. We know politics remains about permanent interest and not permanent foes. Yet Ribadu has seen the treachery of GEJ upfront to know , at any time and if it suits the personal agenda of GEJ, he will be thrown to the hounds as happened when he headed the Petroleum task force. Ribadu really needs to think wisely and ,most important, act wisely.

3 Likes

Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 15, 2014
soroptimist: APC shouldn't hand him the Guber ticket either!

This is a man that should be learning under GMB peradventure the Honest one can deliver the depth of his political clout and long staying power to him but it seems his prevarication has gotten a better part of him

Let him go to PDP even if it is to contest for a councillorship post
®ibadu is not smart. Pdp has achieved their aim of rubbishing him. now he won't get their ticket and APÇ may not gve him ticket either(he doesn't deserve it)

4 Likes

Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 15, 2014
What happened to Ribadu will happen to Jimi Agbaje in Lagos. He won't fly PDP ticket as the vultures wl kick him out in d primaries, destroy his reputation and dump him.

2 Likes

Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by Sibrah: 8:15pm On Aug 15, 2014
This our President always playing state politic when he should be tackling more serious issues. . . . Ah Ah, there is God oh!!!

2 Likes

Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by Mynd44: 8:20pm On Aug 15, 2014
Sibrah: This our President always playing state politic when he should be tackling more serious issues. . . . Ah Ah, there is God oh!!!
Are you surprised?I am not even phased

3 Likes

Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by aresa: 8:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
Ribadu is either in some way in love with the PDP or he's dangerously naive or possesses shaky principles and ideals because this issues shouldn't have transpired in the first place just like his misadventure and ridicule with GEJ's NNPC committee, but nothing is impossible in Nigeria's comedic political landscape..
Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by asadike(f): 8:59pm On Aug 15, 2014
barcanista: What happened to Ribadu will happen to Jimi Agbaje in Lagos. He won't fly PDP ticket as the vultures wl kick him out in d primaries, destroy his reputation and dump him.
ur dp na wao. Chai
Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by gen2briz(m): 9:24pm On Aug 15, 2014
Sibrah: This our President always playing state politic when he should be tackling more serious issues. . . . Ah Ah, there is God oh!!!

You dey mind jona

4 Likes

Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by Descartes: 9:37pm On Aug 15, 2014
barcanista: What happened to Ribadu will happen to Jimi Agbaje in Lagos. He won't fly PDP ticket as the vultures wl kick him out in d primaries, destroy his reputation and dump him.
Hello barcanista, smiley
Longest time,
Ribadu has been used as a pawn on Adamawa's Political chessboard. cool
Sure you still remember my comment few weeks ago when it was alleged he wanted to join PDP?
But some people did not subscribe to my position on that issue that very day angry
Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
asadike: ur dp na wao. Chai
u av a mail and na wetin do my dp?
Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by Brimmie(m): 9:49pm On Aug 15, 2014
Ribadu.. Ma Main Niqqa! cheesy

We Ppl Of Osun Gat Ur Back!

1 Like

Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by asadike(f): 9:49pm On Aug 15, 2014
barcanista: u av a mail and na wetin do my dp?
Notin o. Oya, wetin do my own?
Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 15, 2014
Descartes:
Hello barcanista, smiley
Longest time,
Ribadu has been used as a pawn on Adamawa's Political chessboard. cool
Sure you still remember my comment few weeks ago when it was alleged he wanted to join PDP?
But some people did not subscribe to my position on that issue that very day angry
you see its a good thing abt dis is that Ribadu did nt misbehave after winning election on APC's platform. And PDP won't trust him either.
Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 15, 2014
asadike: Notin o. Oya, wetin do my own?
ur own make sense joor. Let's nt derail tongue reply from mail
Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by vedd: 9:57pm On Aug 15, 2014
omenka: Lucky he didn't test the depth of the waters with both feet!! Gentleman would've been drowning right now.

Politics in this country is so full of neck breaking intrigues! You need to be ten plots ahead in the movie otherwise you miss your role and get thrown out of set!!

Still a fan of the gentleman any day. smiley
I couldn't have said it better.

1 Like

Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by ilotriouzAY(m): 10:00pm On Aug 15, 2014
Party prostutites...shame no dey catch una angry
Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 15, 2014
asadike: Notin o. Oya, wetin do my own?
email seen, I've replied
Re: ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 15, 2014
Jona
loses
again...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chief Mrs. Josephine Onwudiwe Conferred With Iyaloja Of Oluwole Marke / Baby Girl Born 'pregnant' With Twins Undergoes Operation To Remove Foetuses / Galant Nigerian Soldier Posted To Sambisa Asks For Prayers From Nigerians[pics]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.