Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,493 members, 7,843,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

I Want Apc To maybe lose Lagos State While Pdp Looses Fg - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want Apc To maybe lose Lagos State While Pdp Looses Fg (763 Views)

Beware; Apc May Lose Lagos In The Coming Election / Why APC Is Likely To Lose Lagos In The 2015 Elections / APC Will Lose Lagos If... —stakeholders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want Apc To maybe lose Lagos State While Pdp Looses Fg by makizee(m): 9:23pm On Aug 15, 2014
I want the APC to probably lose Lagos State come 2015 ( hopefully not to the PDP) except the Lagos PDP can clean up their acts before 2015 and field a strong candidate, which i really doubt while the Presidency goes to the APC and here are my reasons. In all my years of being politically aware, I have come to realise that in terms of winning election (in a free and fair election) the candidate is much more important than the party because basically, all these political parties are the same, if Jonathan should decamp to APC today, Lai Mohammed and his cohorts would sing a different tune I bet you.
PDP led government makes it easy for anyone to desire a change of government at the federal level, where do I even start, is it the ever growing unemployment rate while a minister spent 10 billion naira on chartered Jets, probably still spending more as I type this, Fuel subsidy scam, BMW scandal. The Abba Morro/NIS deaths, endless bombings and killings, Poorer power supply, all stink to high heavens and we have a president that does not give a damn, He came on NTA to say “ordinary stealing , people would call it corruption” I really don’t know how some Nigerians can still believe in this Jonathan administration, it beats me hollow, his presidency continues to maintain 10 airplanes when even more advanced economies have 1 or 2, the UK government has no official plane for its prime minister. figures don’t lie, 41 million jobless youths, depending on the source between 65 and 75 % live below the poverty threshold, over 30 trillion naira has been estimated to have accrued to the country from 1999 till date, yet no tangible development to highlight, This PDP administration does not inspire any confidence at all, and Nigeria is in danger of once again becoming a pariah nation, all thanks to the continued retrogression that has been sustained by the PDP since the return to civilian rule returned in 1999. It is only a mad person that would continue to do something the same way and expect a different result. It’s time for change.

CHANGE!!!(funnily enough is the slogan of the APC) is also what is needed in Lagos State, Lagos is my primary constituency and I must admit that the Fashola administration has done quite well, especially considering the peculiarities of governing Lagos state, the infrastructure has been greatly improved but some of us believe it could be better without the stronghold of a certain Mr Tinubu on its affairs, Lagos is about the only state that can sustain itself in this our weird version of federalism , the exact figure it earns monthly is still shrouded in some mystery, more openness is needed in this regard as allegations continue to fly that Alpha – Beta Consults, a company that has links with Bola Tinubu continues to get a certain percentage of Lagos internally generated funds. The recent directive that state officials must get some sort of clearance before speaking on state/public matters is suspicious to say the least, what do they have to hide? Some projects embarked upon by the state government have been alleged to be grossly over inflated probably to allow for cutbacks and political patronage, the 29 billion naira Lekki – Ikoyi Link bridge readily comes to mind in this regard. The question is with all the material and human resources available to Lagos state, is this the best deal we can get? Absolutely not, we deserve better. Fashola has done well and truly deserved his second term but it time to try a new governor without the over bearing influence of Tinubu #GBAM
Also, the APC in Lagos has become too comfortable, they believe they can almost get away with any policy they deem fit, take the issue of LASU school fees increase where there was a 1500 % increase in school fees which pushed some students to fees payable by students in the state owned school from 25,000 naira to as much as 350,000 in a state where the minimum wage is 14,000 naira, and the illegal toll bridge of Lekki - Ikoyi that is not supported by any law because unlike the Lekki toll, it is not a Private- Public Partnership project, so whose pocket is the toll going to. Thankfully the government has reversed itself on the LASU issue. Tinubu is already pushing Mr Akinwunmi Ambode as the next governor as if Lagos state is his personal empire, during the run up to the 2011 elections, there was in fact some underground moves to impeach Mr Fashola because of some clash he had with you all know who, Tinubu and his pawns in the state assembly. they had to soft pedal because the governor was so popular then and the fear within the then ACN that the impeaching him could spell doom for the party as the PDP was waiting to take advantage of the situation, this is certainly a needless distraction and one man should not dictate political fortunes and misfortunes in this manner.

PS: Personally I would like another party to field Mr Jimi Agbaje for governor of Lagos State.

3 Likes

Re: I Want Apc To maybe lose Lagos State While Pdp Looses Fg by christejames(m): 9:25pm On Aug 15, 2014
Are you going to vote for a party, or a competent and trustworthy individual?
Re: I Want Apc To maybe lose Lagos State While Pdp Looses Fg by deeobserver209(m): 10:25pm On Aug 15, 2014
Word of advice: Never vote a candidate who promise heaven on earth when voted to power.
Re: I Want Apc To maybe lose Lagos State While Pdp Looses Fg by egift(m): 11:08pm On Aug 15, 2014
Stop wishing Lagos State evil. PDP needs to be kicked out so they can return to the Drawing board and re-access its 16yrs of protecting Corruption.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rochas Lays Imo State University Foundation / A Nigerian Who May Become The First Black British Prime Minister / Heavy Down Pour In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.