Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

EBOLA: NYSC Denies Suspending 2014 Batch ‘B’ Orientation Due To Its Outbreak - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / EBOLA: NYSC Denies Suspending 2014 Batch ‘B’ Orientation Due To Its Outbreak (1317 Views)

The NYSC 2015 Batch B Orientation / NYSC Denies Suspending 2014 Batch ‘B’ Orientation Over The Ebola Case / Some Changes In The 2014 BATCH 'B' Orientation Course (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EBOLA: NYSC Denies Suspending 2014 Batch ‘B’ Orientation Due To Its Outbreak by Oyedey4u(m): 7:03am On Aug 16, 2014
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has stated as false reports aired on a national television station that the orientation course for prospective corps members deployed to Bauchi, Gombe, Adamawa, Jigawa, Yobe and Borno States has been suspended due to the outbreak of Ebola Virus Disease.

In a press release signed by its management yesterday, the scheme explained that the orientation course for Stream II was suspended due to the federal government’s pronouncement that all schools currently on vacation should remain closed to avert the spread of the Ebola Virus Disease. It therefore stated that the report aired was misleading and capable of causing fear and panic among residents of the states mentioned.

‘’For the purpose of putting the record straight, management of the NYSC took a decision in July 2014 to shift the venues of orientation course for seven states; namely, Bauchi Gombe, Jigawa, Borno, Yobe Adamawa and Kano, to other states due to security challenges and the fears of parents whose wards are to be mobilised. Therefore the orientation course in these seven states and that of Osun as well as additional corps members for Lagos State was planned to hold from 1st to 22nd September, 2014 under Stream II of the 2014 Batch ‘B’,’’ it said.

Source: http://leadership.ng/news/381172/ebola-nysc-denies-suspending-2014-batch-b-orientation
Re: EBOLA: NYSC Denies Suspending 2014 Batch ‘B’ Orientation Due To Its Outbreak by Richydos(m): 7:23am On Aug 16, 2014
yea @ op I was kinda reading such headline on AIT last 9t but I was a bit confused about it....OP does it mean stream 11 will still hold on sept 1 feedback needed asap
Re: EBOLA: NYSC Denies Suspending 2014 Batch ‘B’ Orientation Due To Its Outbreak by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 16, 2014
My instinct no day lie...d previous news had holes in it making it porous to hold any water...Ebola pranks everywere...Africans wit d mindset of slavery n defeated foes always look for ways to enslave da minds of dia brodas...we r still suffering from stronghold of d mind...we need to change our mindset..see what democracy has caused with d media propagating falsehood just to sell dia redundant newspaper cux Africans dnt read...i dnt read newspapars cux i gat my opera mini and ucweb browser...i rather use my 100€ to buy 10mb....gud news...teamNYSCplateau...
Re: EBOLA: NYSC Denies Suspending 2014 Batch ‘B’ Orientation Due To Its Outbreak by Richydos(m): 7:46am On Aug 16, 2014
Daninya1: My instinct no day lie...d previous news had holes in it making it porous to hold any water...Ebola pranks everywere...Africans wit d mindset of slavery n defeated foes always look for ways to enslave da minds of dia brodas...we r still suffering from stronghold of d mind...we need to change our mindset..see what democracy has caused with d media propagating falsehood just to sell dia redundant newspaper cux Africans dnt read...i dnt read newspapars cux i gat my opera mini and ucweb browser...i rather use my 100€ to buy 10mb....gud news...teamNYSCplateau...
....seriously speaking I can't afford any further delay nor postponement
Re: EBOLA: NYSC Denies Suspending 2014 Batch ‘B’ Orientation Due To Its Outbreak by omaimoje(f): 8:58pm On Aug 19, 2014

(1) (Reply)

2014 Batch B Pop Is 2nd July / Location And Addresses Of All #nysc Camps In Nigeria -easy24.com.ng / My NYSC Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.