Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Nollywood! A Gateway To Prostitution! --- Blessing Effiom Egbe - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood! A Gateway To Prostitution! --- Blessing Effiom Egbe (2304 Views)

Nollywood: A Story Told By Al Jazeera / Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? / Blessing Madaki: Nigeria's First Reality TV Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood! A Gateway To Prostitution! --- Blessing Effiom Egbe by NewsAlert: 11:32am On Aug 16, 2014
"Two Brides And A Baby" movie producer Blessing Effiom Egbe is at it again and this time, the actress seems tired with the alleged high level of immorality and promiscuous activities in Nollywood.
Blessing, who is known for usually airing her opinion on serious situations in the movie industry, took to her Twitter handle Friday morning to share her deepest thoughts on what we describe as the "ills of Nollywood".
She exploded:
"Acting is now the gateway to prostitution. People will do anything to have their faces on the screen because market go come and true true, market plenty."
The "Lekki Wives" producer may not be the only one who shares this view on the current situation in the Nigerian movie industry. Other stars like Charles Novia have also cried for help on why young girls and boys have to sell their bodies for movie roles as well as called out movie makers who ask for sex before creating the cast.
Another close source claims that in the East, upcoming actresses and actors are being forced to pay movie producers to get movie roles. Plus, they also have to take care of hotel bills, food and costumes during the entire shoot with no wages by the end of it, even if the film hits big at box office.
The source adds that the reason being that, when they spend to get roles in one, two or more movies, the females (most especially) end up being noticed by some big guns in the socio-political sectors who allegedly want them in bed for the bigger bucks. Thus, why not spend N200K to get in a film and then make millions by having a secret affair with a politician?
This could be the darkest side to Nollywood but is there any remedy to the situation? Tell us what you think below.
Get more trending news on http://newshalert..com/

Re: Nollywood! A Gateway To Prostitution! --- Blessing Effiom Egbe by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 16, 2014
Who doesn't know this? undecided
Re: Nollywood! A Gateway To Prostitution! --- Blessing Effiom Egbe by suwailad(f): 11:43am On Aug 16, 2014
yeah, tonto, mercy, even kate will testify to this...they are all oloshos!
Re: Nollywood! A Gateway To Prostitution! --- Blessing Effiom Egbe by stinggy(m): 11:51am On Aug 16, 2014
suwailad: yeah, tonto, mercy, even kate will testify to this...they are all oloshos!
shocked shocked
Really they are

Tazmode: Who doesn't know this? undecided

Me for one, I don't know
Just hearing it from you tongue
Re: Nollywood! A Gateway To Prostitution! --- Blessing Effiom Egbe by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 16, 2014
stinggy:
shocked shocked
Really they are

Me for one, I don't know
4rm me? I didnt upload d post nigga undecided
Re: Nollywood! A Gateway To Prostitution! --- Blessing Effiom Egbe by suwailad(f): 11:59am On Aug 16, 2014
stinggy:
shocked shocked
Really they are

Me for one, I don't know

hope you know mercy johnson stole someone husband through olosho work
Re: Nollywood! A Gateway To Prostitution! --- Blessing Effiom Egbe by stinggy(m): 12:12pm On Aug 16, 2014
Tazmode: 4rm me? I didnt upload d post nigga undecided

You affirmed it niqqz grin
Re: Nollywood! A Gateway To Prostitution! --- Blessing Effiom Egbe by stinggy(m): 12:13pm On Aug 16, 2014
suwailad:

hope you know mercy johnson stole someone husband through olosho work
Noooo tongue
Oya telme the other babes in d act pls
Re: Nollywood! A Gateway To Prostitution! --- Blessing Effiom Egbe by Seandeeds(m): 10:09am On Sep 01, 2014
I would have said it's all rumour, if not that I have an actress as a friend.

I confronted her about the whole sex for role thing and she confirmed it.

Imagine, If I say I like any actress, the next thing is usually 'I'll get you her number'. In my opinion, they are that cheap.

Another confirmed case, a friend here got an actress' number from his cousin. The price was just occasional calling cards and a few hundreds of pounds.The rest is history.

However, we mustn't fail to maintain that they are not all like that. We still have some professionals in Nollywood.

It's a problem with Nigeria and Africa as a whole, let's not demonise Nollywood. These days, If a pretty lady walks into a bank to look for a job, the boss wanna sleep with her. It's the same on our campuses.

Banks call them marketing warefa, but we know better.. don't we? They are just glorified prostitutes.

Let's cut Nollywood some slack here.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood! A Gateway To Prostitution! --- Blessing Effiom Egbe by blessed4ril(f): 1:33pm On Sep 01, 2014
Okay
Re: Nollywood! A Gateway To Prostitution! --- Blessing Effiom Egbe by feedthenation(m): 3:04pm On Sep 01, 2014
This is an open secret about the shenanigans going on in the movie industry.
Re: Nollywood! A Gateway To Prostitution! --- Blessing Effiom Egbe by DaVinChiSam(m): 5:22am On Sep 02, 2014
This thing is simple... some people take things too far regardless of the industry/career they in...

it's not really about the profession, it's about the people/person(s) involved...

Im not saying Blessing is telling the truth or not I'm just saying these things are not exclusive to NollyWood and we all know it

I can bet one of my balls that it goes on in almost every industry all over the world... I saw an European film where some guy called for a casting only there is no film job, he only wants to sleep with girls...
Re: Nollywood! A Gateway To Prostitution! --- Blessing Effiom Egbe by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 08, 2015
All those actresses are all prostitutes. All of them. No single one wey nor dey sell their body. My uncle don bulala Omotola and Chika Ike. I also know a top Agip oil boss wey dey bulala Genevieve for 500k a night. Yeye smelling whores all of them be

(1) (Reply)

Some Before And After Pictures Of Top Hollywood Movies / Airtime On Galaxy & Tv Continental / Amazing Hollywood Film Tricks - Naijamutant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.