Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,044 members, 7,828,677 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Dear Mothers, I Need Your Help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dear Mothers, I Need Your Help (3754 Views)

Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. / To The Mothers,I need help o. / Mothers I Need Ur Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Mothers, I Need Your Help by toykathy(f): 2:26pm On Aug 17, 2014
Hello wonderful moms, happy sunday to y'all. Pls I need help with my baby's eating habit. He is 9months old and he doesnt eat. I have tried almost all d baby foods that i knw and ws introduced to but still is either one makes him stool or he doesnt want another. At nine months, I believe his eating habit should be getting better but i cant say its getting worse. Mothers pls can u advise me on how to feed him or any other baby food that is ideal for him? God bless you all.
Re: Dear Mothers, I Need Your Help by zayhal(f): 2:48pm On Aug 17, 2014
Is he still bossom-feeding? If yes, then until you wean him, he may not like to take any other thing even though the breast milk can not fill him any longer.

Instead of baby foods, try giving him the meals you eat. Rice, yam, eggs, beans, pap, etc. Start with small quantities and don't make it seem like a chore, I mean don't give him forcefully. Make it fun. You may tell him to feed you, and you too will say you'll feed him, you know something like that.

Kids can make a lot of fuss when it comes to feeding, especially toddlers. But there is no problem if the child is not losing weight or looking emaciated. To ensure this, let him take plenty of fluid.

Don't worry, he'll be fine.

1 Like

Re: Dear Mothers, I Need Your Help by toykathy(f): 3:18pm On Aug 17, 2014
zayhal: Is he still bossom-feeding? If yes, then until you wean him, he may not like to take any other thing even though the breast milk can not fill him any longer.

Instead of baby foods, try giving him the meals you eat. Rice, yam, eggs, beans, pap, etc. Start with small quantities and don't make it seem like a chore, I mean don't give him forcefully. Make it fun. You may tell him to feed you, and you too will say you'll feed him, you know something like that.

Kids can make a lot of fuss when it comes to feeding, especially toddlers. But there is no problem if the child is not losing weight or looking emaciated. To ensure this, let him take plenty of fluid.

Don't worry, he'll be fine.

thank you so so much, i really appreciate u. But have tried giving him rice, beans, indomie, yam n moinmoin but he doesnt eat them. He only takes eggyolk. Apart from water, what other liquids do u tink I can give him. God bless u
Re: Dear Mothers, I Need Your Help by shadymua: 3:48pm On Aug 17, 2014
Try pap ( Ogi or Akamu) most kids loves it unique n natural taste add little sugar or honey .
Re: Dear Mothers, I Need Your Help by toykathy(f): 5:08pm On Aug 17, 2014
shadymua: Try pap ( Ogi or Akamu) most kids loves it unique n natural taste add little sugar or honey .

ok thz, will i add milk?
Re: Dear Mothers, I Need Your Help by sello555: 7:16pm On Aug 17, 2014
Yes,add milk,I had the same prob with my baby,could be frustrating.
Dats one bad side to exclusive feeding,my baby didn't eat well till A year plus,but dnt worry,your baby will catch up and you will be the one begging to stop eating.
May God keep them all!
Re: Dear Mothers, I Need Your Help by toykathy(f): 9:37pm On Aug 17, 2014
sello555: Yes,add milk,I had the same prob with my baby,could be frustrating.
Dats one bad side to exclusive feeding,my baby didn't eat well till A year plus,but dnt worry,your baby will catch up and you will be the one begging to stop eating.
May God keep them all!

amen o, and thz for ur response
Re: Dear Mothers, I Need Your Help by emeraldoe(f): 9:41pm On Aug 17, 2014
toykathy: Hello wonderful moms, happy sunday to y'all. Pls I need help with my baby's eating habit. He is 9months old and he doesnt eat. I have tried almost all d baby foods that i knw and ws introduced to but still is either one makes him stool or he doesnt want another. At nine months, I believe his eating habit should be getting better but i cant say its getting worse. Mothers pls can u advise me on how to feed him or any other baby food that is ideal for him? God bless you all.
u can giv him pap(millet +guinea corn) mixed with milk(i used NAN 2 for my 2kids) then add soyabeans
Re: Dear Mothers, I Need Your Help by Lizboh(f): 9:56pm On Aug 17, 2014
Most babies in dt range don't usually like food, but just have to try, try to introduce Titus fish well cooked and spiced without pepper, u Will just give him as if u ar giving him biscuit, if he can finish a whole one then dt shld be okay, dn give him enough water, some babies don't really baby food, sometimes u can make mashed potato for him. U shld try to always give him fruits also.
Re: Dear Mothers, I Need Your Help by lovinam: 10:15pm On Aug 17, 2014
They have given you good advice follow it. You can also give vit ask your ped first. Just ensure he gets all he needs for growth.

1 Like

Re: Dear Mothers, I Need Your Help by toykathy(f): 1:25am On Aug 18, 2014
Oh thz, but what is d local name for millet and guinea corn pls? Thz alot ma
Re: Dear Mothers, I Need Your Help by toykathy(f): 1:28am On Aug 18, 2014
Oh! Thz alot ma, i have never tot of dat. Is it sweet or irish potato?
Re: Dear Mothers, I Need Your Help by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 18, 2014
Just go to all these sellers of maize, millet and rice. Ask them you are looking for millet and Ogi-baba as Yoruba call it. Sieve it to remove sand, the soak them. On the third day take it for grinding and wash it. Allow it to drain then sieve off the water and bag it to further remove the water. You will have your pap. You can only do this easily if you live in Nigeria.

Alternatively, buy from the pap sellers the already washed one. In this case, the hygiene isn't guaranteed. Remember to add milk to the pap, you can also add soyabeans.

Try the mashed tomatoes (Irish preferably), give the baby lots of juice more of home made like watermelon, oranges. Keep trying stuff for him and you might be might be lucky he will collect one out of the lots.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Mothers, I Need Your Help by Graxie(f): 11:39am On Aug 18, 2014
The local name is joro and dawa.
Re: Dear Mothers, I Need Your Help by dytbabe: 12:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
My son had this same issue at 9mnths, was so worried cos he poops anyth he takes in bt later realised he was teething and he cld eat very little.

So I changed his whole meal
Jst try little of diff meal, notice him, he shld have a preference.

Custard
Pap
Oatmeal
Mashed potato/yam
Noodles
Spag
Mashed beans
Millano *cant rem the name of the cereal and he so loved it*
Re: Dear Mothers, I Need Your Help by toykathy(f): 9:06pm On Aug 18, 2014
Thz so much for ur contribution, i'm grateful. I will try them all. Thz once more. God bless u.
Re: Dear Mothers, I Need Your Help by toykathy(f): 9:09pm On Aug 18, 2014
Graxie: The local name is joro and dawa.

i will ask around. Thz alot
Re: Dear Mothers, I Need Your Help by toykathy(f): 9:12pm On Aug 18, 2014
I will try them out, thz a bunch
Re: Dear Mothers, I Need Your Help by FINA4804(f): 10:20pm On Aug 18, 2014
try pap some babies like it with guinea corn, millet and soyabeans all grinded together, so if you try the single he rejects then try the mixed. Then watch him if he likes very soft foods you can give him puddings, yogurts, then try other softer cereals make it lighter maybe its the texture he does not like. I have a shop for baby foods so I am used to these complains and with my children I have learnt a lot

1 Like

Re: Dear Mothers, I Need Your Help by FINA4804(f): 10:23pm On Aug 18, 2014
Another thing is how fast is your lo bringing out teeth if he does not have much teeth he may not be able to eat adult food as a meal so please be patient with him

1 Like

Re: Dear Mothers, I Need Your Help by shadymua: 12:30am On Aug 19, 2014
toykathy:

Add no milk at first n see how he or she embrassed it, u can later add milk, but most kids likes it natural with little or no sugar n honey

ok thz, will i add milk?
Re: Dear Mothers, I Need Your Help by toykathy(f): 10:33am On Aug 21, 2014
I like to expressed my gratitude to mothers who gave their advise to me in regrds to my boy's eating habit. He has improved wit all ur suggestions and I knw it will get better. You need to see him yesterday evenin wen i gave him moimoi, he ate evrythn and cried for more. Thank you very much mothers may God bless u all and keep all our adorables for us.

@ Zayhal, Shadymua, sello555, emeraldoe, lisboh, lovinam, icherishu, graxie, dytbabe, fina4804
Re: Dear Mothers, I Need Your Help by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 21, 2014
toykathy: I like to expressed my gratitude to mothers who gave their advise to me in regrds to my boy's eating habit. He has improved wit all ur suggestions and I knw it will get better. You need to see him yesterday evenin wen i gave him moimoi, he ate evrythn and cried for more. Thank you very much mothers may God bless u all and keep all our adorables for us.

@ Zayhal, Shadymua, sello555, emeraldoe, lisboh, lovinam, icherishu, graxie, dytbabe, fina4804
Good to hear.

1 Like

Re: Dear Mothers, I Need Your Help by lovinam: 12:38pm On Aug 21, 2014
Awww. That's good news!
toykathy: I like to expressed my gratitude to mothers who gave their advise to me in regrds to my boy's eating habit. He has improved wit all ur suggestions and I knw it will get better. You need to see him yesterday evenin wen i gave him moimoi, he ate evrythn and cried for more. Thank you very much mothers may God bless u all and keep all our adorables for us.

1 Like

Re: Dear Mothers, I Need Your Help by FINA4804(f): 2:23pm On Aug 22, 2014
Good to hear

1 Like

Re: Dear Mothers, I Need Your Help by mondaynelson20: 10:51am On Nov 04, 2015
My Name is Moral,i live in California,i have a big testimony to say to the people who have Womb problem, I have been married for four years without any child, nor pregnancy and so i became very sad and lost hope in life because my doctor told me there is no way for me to get pregnant and this really make life so hard for me and this made my husband to turn away from me.My sister in-law told me about DR EZIKE from the Internet,how he has helped people with this similar problem that i am going through so i contacted him and explained to him. He told me not to worry and that everything we soon be okay.He cast a spell and it was a miracle to my greatest surprise three days later my husband came back to apologize for all he has done and told me he is fully ready to support me in any thing i want,and Dr.EZIKE he gave me just water from his temple to drink and he also gave my husband some thing to rub before we made love.just few months later i got pregnant and gave birth to twins (boy and girl) we are now a happy family.i will advice you to email him now,ID:drezikespellcasterhome@outlook.com I am so happy!! if you also need help to get pregnant or need your ex back please contact him for help via email:drezikespellcasterhome@outlook.com if you are out there passing through any of this problems or predicaments in your life.his mobile number on what/apps:+2348167554235.....

(1) (Reply)

Advertise On Cool Fm And Other Radio Stations / Not Ambitious, Wants Bride Price Paid Before I Travel; Am I Selfish To End It ? / Is Anything Wrong With This Monthly List A Wife Wrote To Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.