Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,709 members, 7,865,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 06:25 AM

APC South-East: We Are Not Opposed To Jonathan Running In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC South-East: We Are Not Opposed To Jonathan Running In 2015 (850 Views)

Flash Back: When Obanikoro Was Opposed And APC Senators Walked Out (video) / Tinubu Forces APC South-West Leaders To Endorse Him As VP - Sahara Reporters / Exclusive Interview: I'm Not Opposed To Muslim-Muslim Ticket--Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC South-East: We Are Not Opposed To Jonathan Running In 2015 by Descartes: 6:40am On Aug 18, 2014
The All Progressives Congress (APC) South East zone, on Sunday, reiterated that it was not opposed to President Goodluck Jonathan running for presidency in 2015, as he has the constitutional right to contest.

The party was reacting to the endorsement of President Jonathan as Igbo candidate by the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) South-East political leaders, during the Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria (TAN) rally in Awka, Anambra State on Saturday.

Notable PDP Igbo political leaders, including Chairman of the South-East Governors Forum, Governor Theodore Orji of Abia State; Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu; Josephine Anenih, who represented Nigerian women in the zone; billionaire businessman, Arthur Eze; former Anambra State Governor, Peter Obi and Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Emeka Ihedioha, who spoke on behalf of the South-East caucus of the National Assembly had united in asking the President to contest.

Reacting to the rally in a statement by its spokesman, Osita Okechukwu, the APC South East said that while it was not opposed to the inalienable and constitutional rights of Jonathan to contest, it was “opposed to the scant strategy adopted by ‘Ndigbo-Chop-Sand-Band’ of politicians, who crave to put all our eggs in one basket, foreclose the chances of a president of Igbo extraction and subject the hardworking and enterprising Igbos to perpetual beggarly status.

The statement reads further: “Ndigbo-Chop-Sand-Band drummers are not interested whether President Jonathan performed or not, whether he honoured the promises he made to Ndigbo during the 2011 electioneering campaign nor whether his presidential slot impedes on the chances of our producing a president of Igbo extraction in the nearest future.

“Otherwise, how come that up to date there is no Environmental Impact Assessment, no private sector counterpart funding, only N30b Sure-P-Fund taxed from the people and most importantly, why the 2nd Niger Bridge is not captured in the federal budget, since according to the drummers, Jonathan so loves Ndigbo?

“The Chop-Sand-Band thinks that Ndigbo’s memory is so short to forget that it was His Royal Majesty, the Obi of Onitsha, Agbogidi, Igwe Alfred Nnaemaka Achebe, who in February this year, woke our dear President from deep slumber over the promise he made on the 2nd Niger Bridge; upon which fire service approach of Public, Private Partnership was enacted.

“Or is it not amusing that Professor Chinedu Nebo, Minister of Power, one of the drummers, who talked of Grand Expectation Journey (GEJ), couldn’t tell Ndigbo why the Coal project has not taken off-ground and what happened to N927m, N1.7b and N1.1b budgeted for the study survey of Enugu and Gombe Coal in 2012, 2013 and 2014 respectively? The Revamping of Coal was one of our Grand Expectation Journey, premised on the promise made by Jonathan at South East PDP Zonal rally during the 2011 electioneering campaign, yet 7he so loves Ndigbo!” APC South East stated.

The APC group added, “In sum, our fear is that the core ingredient of election, which is a referendum on the performance of the incumbent may not prevail, as the Chop-Sand-Band are constructing a scenario where President Jonathan like in 2011, would be allocated millions of votes in the South East, without commensurate performance.”

http://www.channelstv.com/2014/08/17/apc-south-east-opposed-jonathan-running-2015/
Re: APC South-East: We Are Not Opposed To Jonathan Running In 2015 by 2cato: 7:02am On Aug 18, 2014
APC confuse party with confuse ideology
Re: APC South-East: We Are Not Opposed To Jonathan Running In 2015 by RoyalRoy(m): 7:27am On Aug 18, 2014

"Ndigbo-Chop-Sand-Band"

That's all I saw in the write-up

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: APC South-East: We Are Not Opposed To Jonathan Running In 2015 by Henryjr(m): 8:14am On Aug 18, 2014
he is a product of Nigeria Delta,endorsed by Ndigbo like NAFDAC with a registration number:2015-2019. the north is confused n divided over the product n the south west is watching......... by the way, who will nt be glad to here that Ebola drug is out? unless a hater of Nigeria!
Re: APC South-East: We Are Not Opposed To Jonathan Running In 2015 by akumada1: 9:32am On Aug 18, 2014
They are indirectly telling the indigbos to vote for gej in 2015.
Re: APC South-East: We Are Not Opposed To Jonathan Running In 2015 by Idokosolomon(m): 9:40am On Aug 18, 2014
Sorry for APC the confused party.....
Re: APC South-East: We Are Not Opposed To Jonathan Running In 2015 by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 9:53am On Aug 18, 2014
This is okorocha fighting for survival.

I doubt APC would receive up to 50,000 votes in the entire south east come 2015.

The message from IMO state has always been " we go vote Jonathan for president... That one na sure. "
Re: APC South-East: We Are Not Opposed To Jonathan Running In 2015 by asadike(f): 10:11am On Aug 18, 2014
nonsense. On election day, those apc igbo members wil stil b d ones to beg us to vote jonathan. Believe them at ur own detriment.
Re: APC South-East: We Are Not Opposed To Jonathan Running In 2015 by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 18, 2014
The only thing is that am not a fan of Goatluck Jonathan, his style of leadership is a mockery of what leading people means, he is neither the best Nigeria have to offer nor the best PDP have to present.

The Ijaw fisherman doesnt know anything to be frank, i cant see the reason Second Niger Bridge is not 50% completed, why the users should pay tools and why it will take 4years to be completed....what dafuq? but the fedora hart wearing clown have been there for close to a decade.
The useless ijawman that couldnt sack Abba Moro and Paradang over Immigration tragedies, the stupid and drunken idiot that pardon criminals once they jump ship with him in PDP.

Besides Goatluck is an ijawman, a brother to Adaka Boro that killed Nigeria Poilice only to be pardoned and used to fight the Biafrans, what happened he was killed, Goatluck a cousin to Saro Wiwa who said Sokoto was more closer than Enugwu, later Abacha paid him in his own coins.

The same foolish Ijaw and Ikwerre people that help betrayed the Biafra course because they dont want Igbos to benefit from their oils, check now 99% of their oil are in the hands of strangers from Almajiri-BokoHaram-Ravaged-Land,..... Oilsoup-Mudouse-RustyBrown-RoofsLand,... Erosion-Ravaged-Akpu-EatersLand while they withdraw 20K every month as amnesty to eat pork, gulp kai-kai and marry with abandoned reckless.

All these said and done, am not interested about Goatluck and his usesless asslickers from SE because that is their business.

Inasmuch as i dont support or sing Goatluck praises or promote him in anyway, i must be frank to myself and those around me, i still have softspots for him, he is better than Obasanjo in everything you called leadership qualities.

But APC SE what are you saying clownss, goatluck have shown interest the Hausafoolani masters and their Yoruba slaves couldnt show since 1901....

Goatluck is bad quiet alright but dont ask me of what am thinking about the Islamic APC...seperate Fashola from them, i hate waking to see or hear that a gang like that are not in our prisoners or facing firing squads.

Goatluck Jonthan's evil inflictions are better than Islamic APC sweet massaging
~Buddah Monk ...saying the truth since 44BC

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? / Military Takes Delivery Of New Hardware. / Presidency 2015: Sule Lamido Set To Challenge GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.